Sponsored

Passed on my 2024 Badlands today, 1-23-24 -- what would you have done?

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not only was the dealer's PDI piss poor, the response of the sales manager tells me they were more than happy to have you walk and purposely did a shitty PDI. Some touch up and a good PDR guy or gal will make it hard to see anything and then park in poor lighting under cover out of the sun and a less suspecting buyer will not even see the damage.

Sounds like you avoided a bad dealer too.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Especially when there are brands that are a fraction of the price with protective measures take.
I still find bits of it on my daughters 23k VW Jetta.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, tell me if I’m crazy. I walked on my Bronco.

Upon arrival, I noticed it to be unusually dirty for having made an appt for pick up. We previously spoke about necessary paperwork & I told them I went to my bank and secured a cashiers check for almost $59k.

I began checking the nose and quickly discovered 5 noticeable rock chips on the front right corner. Checked gaps & alignment all around. All good! Checked the hood and found 2 very noticeable creases on the drivers side of the hood, about 10” from the wiper cowl.

Now very discouraged, I check the windshield frame… and I find another crease. This crease, once seen, can be easily spotted from standing inside the dealership.

During my walk around, I notice the lack of the trailer hitch and wire harness which was listed on the window sticker. After inquiring about it, and one of the managers making a couple of phone calls… we find out it’s on national back order with no ETA. Not a deal breaker, as I know it will come at some point.

The interior was equally dirty for a customer ordered — 4 day on lot vehicle. Inconsequential at this point.

The sales manager offered a few hundred dollar discount for the chips… and said he could warranty the hood creases as a manufacturing defect. I ordered the Azure Grey tri-coat paint with the understanding it can be difficult to match…. If necessary, but never thought I’d need a repair at 5 miles!

What would you do?

I plan on re-ordering ASAP.

View recent photos.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

IMG_3977.jpeg

IMG_3976.jpeg

IMG_3975.jpeg
I'd have probably walked away as well, due the combo of chips and body creases. Even though my Bronco will get used and abused, buying new I'd want it to at least start out in tip top shape. At least in your case there was probably no rebate money involved and Broncos seem much easier to get these days, making walking away easier.

For the record, my Bronco had two issues when I picked it up. A very small scratch on the hardtop that I have trouble finding now. And the driver seat recline lever broke off in my hand! I'm still driving around with a vice-grip in place of the handle, lol.

Ford Bronco Passed on my 2024 Badlands today, 1-23-24 -- what would you have done? BroncoViceGripSeatLever_lr

Quicklime

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sasquatch 2 Dr hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
To the OP, just wow. You're not picky. I'm picky. I've bought four Fords in a row. I always tell them not to have the lot person clean them for me, I'd rather do it myself... But your Bronco... I know everyone hates hearing how I paid $38,000 for a base sas but, it was perfect manufacturing wise, when I took it home. And it's been perfect for 26,000 miles.
I am blown away by the fact that yours was in THAT condition, AND, they had the nerve to overlook those things. Fly out here, our dealer has 18, of which six are Raptors!

Sponsored

ABorges

Base
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 F100
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As stated above I'm picking up my 2024 Badlands... Aside from normal inspection, door gaps, paint, damage…. Is there anything I should looking at more closely?
— I’ve seen poor alignment of the rear quarter & tailgate.
— top alignment (soft top)

Thanks in advance !
ordered 8-17-23
blended 1-16
shipped 1-18
delivered 1-19
I don't blame you, I would've done the same thing.

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A good dealer would have been ashamed to offer that to you and dealt with Ford directly till the matter was corrected.

OP
OP

Hwycycle

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2013 Boss 302, 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 F1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, Ford should take more precautions for shipping. I just bought the girlfriend a 2024 Mazda CX50. $41k and it was wrapped everywhere. Hood, roof, bumpers.

OP
OP

Hwycycle

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
FYI, the dealer mentioned he heard of a possible $750 incentive on the 2023 Broncos. I don’t know what I can believe from him though.

OP
OP

Hwycycle

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Question; I wasn’t happy with the ride of the Sas… felt like I was driving on a pebbled road. The Badlands non-Sas felt much better to me.

— will the Sas 35’s smooth out over time?
— any other benefits to the Sas in daily driving?

thanks again!

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like @flip transport damage happens, more than most people realize but to not even attempt to clean it up is just poor business. One of the areas I cover for work is a Port where numerous vehicles are shipped into. They have an inspection site that the cars coming off the ships go to and they do the repairs onsite. before they are transported out to dealers.

On a side note, we get a lot of new unreleased model testing out my way. Saw a new Rolls Royce 100% EV test car today on the way home. I could only imagine the sticker on that one :unsure:

Anyway good on you @Hwycycle for walking away. These things are showing up & sitting at dealers these days. No need to settle for a subpar delivery 🤠

Dtronic

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350, 2023 Toyota Camry, 2022 BMW S1000R
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Question; I wasn’t happy with the ride of the Sas… felt like I was driving on a pebbled road. The Badlands non-Sas felt much better to me.

— will the Sas 35’s smooth out over time?
— any other benefits to the Sas in daily driving?

thanks again!
I bet the tires were overinflated, as most dealers/service centers overinflate. SAS should be much smoother than standard. Try the ride when the tires are 34/35 psi cold. I've seen 45 psi on a new bronco I test drove. It was a horrible ride.

GRB1959

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Edge ST, 2024 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet the tires were overinflated, as most dealers/service centers overinflate. SAS should be much smoother than standard. Try the ride when the tires are 34/35 psi cold. I've seen 45 psi on a new bronco I test drove. It was a horrible ride.
You mentioned that the SAS 35-inch tires should provide a smoother ride than the standard 33-inch tires. Is this true even on pavement? I sort of assumed that the larger more aggressive off road SAS 35-inch tires would ride rougher on paved roads than the standard 33-inch tires.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

BTW OP, get the hardtop!!!!

Then go aftermarket like Bestop for a softtop if you want it.

With the four door you can always try selling the softtop for a few grand if you end up not wanting it.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agreed, Ford should take more precautions for shipping. I just bought the girlfriend a 2024 Mazda CX50. $41k and it was wrapped everywhere. Hood, roof, bumpers.
The wife just bought a new CX-50 Turbo Premium Plus . She has been in MB for the past 27 years and was surprised that she picked a Mazda this time. She loves it, and yes it was totally wrapped. We test drove another color and they had to prep the one she took home.

20240107_125449.jpg
Sponsored