Sponsored

Passed on my 2024 Badlands today, 1-23-24 -- what would you have done?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that was not good. They will sell it though. With the way the Bronco's are rolling out now, a re-order is not a big deal.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Nope, I woulda passed as well they’d have to do a lot better than a couple hundred bucks even then idk

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you said you were "particular," I expected to see a classic overreaction post...

...wow, I would've walked too! Those are legit complaints and a few hundo is less than 1/2% and those panels make up more than 0.5% of the painted body... dang.

Good on you for walking.

Sponsored

BroncoStang

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak, GC 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great, I hope this isn't an omen for the rest of us also taking delivery soon. That's a bummer.

OP
OP

Hwycycle

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150, 2013 Boss 302, 2004 Mustang GT, 1967 F1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I appreciate the responses. The more I think about it, I’m glad I walked.

The manager seemed more than happy for me to leave it.. he said he’ll touch up the chips and have a PDR guy work the creases.

Purchase order showed 4 miles, and when I arrived it had 5 miles. I think it was detailed on the exterior and driven to a gas station for fuel.

Forgot to mention, 45 psi all around & still in transport mode.

The dealer was 2:30 drive from my house. When I placed the order… local dealers didn’t have allocations, were charging ADM or adding packages.

On the way home, I stopped at my local dealer… he has allocations, honors X-plan and said he’ll try to modify an existing order.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don’t blame you for passing, sucks, however your timing is better now that Broncos are starting to appear in dealer inventories and X Plan is back, look around at other dealers, you might find another Badlands to take home. My LFD in Santa Maria has several new Broncos in inventory now.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why Ford doesn’t ship vehicles with protective film is beyond me. They come in looking like shlt.

Tortuga

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am not very picky and I would have passed on that.

Sponsored

Haelous

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Correct choice. Discount wasn't large enough for the issues. I absolutely would've refused delivery, a new vehicle should be dent free.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like they did a very poor PDI and minimal cleanup. While there's a lot of little things that can be missed when checked in from the transport, not touching up that many rock chips prior to delivery means their a broken process. Could be the cleanup person just doesn't care or there's no attention paid to detail at any point in the process. Chips likely came from transport which is mostly unavoidable depending on where it was stacked in the load.

Hitch and related parts can be bought outside of the Ford accessory "kit", as individual pieces cheaper than the kit itself.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not a good dealer. First they should have done a better job of prepping and noticing the defects you pointed out. Then maybe discussed them with you and offered to take care of the defects and explain what they would do. Since they didn't, I would pressed the issue and asked them if they could fix the defects, give you a discount for having to wait for the defects to be fixed and let you inspect after the repairs and then let you decide if you wanted it or not. If they were not willing to do this, then walking was the right decision. The trailer hitch thing is pretty bad too. National back order.......trailer hitch is so simple and not rocket science to be on back order.

That's one thing that terrifies me on these cool Broncos- and I love mine dearly. But if it breaks down and needs a part- it will be very expensive and how long of a wait to get it. I am not so sure I can keep mine in retirement as my only vehicle. My 87 Squarebody restoration is nearly complete. I can get parts for it no problem, everywhere and they are so cheap. And it's so easy to work on......

Alpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 2 Door Rubicon, '22 BMW S1000RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why Ford doesn’t ship vehicles with protective film is beyond me. They come in looking like shlt.
Especially when there are brands that are a fraction of the price with protective measures take.

Syringe

Badlands
First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 ZX-10R, '21 Z H2 SE, '13 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So sorry about that. Like another poster said, I'm not particularly picky, but I would have passed on that as well. I say that as I'm going to be picked up at 2 PM by my local Ford dealer to take delivery of my Badlands, which arrived this morning [haven't seen it yet]. But, thank you for the warning; I will sure be checking the new unit thoroughly!
Sponsored