Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here are a few pics and a video from our recent run through Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park. We were in a hurry as the sun was going down on us fast, so I didn't get as many still photos as I usually do. But there's plenty of great footage in the video, plus some history on the area.

Ford Bronco Pics and Video from Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park DTS_6418X-1981w

Pinkham Canyon is a very easy trail, not even requiring 4WD. But a few spots do require higher clearance and better floatation than a normal car has, so this is another one of those quiet, out-of-the-way sections of Joshua Tree where you can truly get away from the crowds and enjoy the desert.

This concluded our 3-part exploration of the off-road trails of Joshua Tree. Check the others out if you're interested in Berdoo Canyon or the Old Dale Mine District. By the way, the videos are all presented in 4K (from my GoPros, drone, Nikon and iPhone) except that my dash cam (the one I got from Ford with my points) only records in 1080p. So if anyone can recommend a good dash cam that shoots 4K and has decent image stabilization let me know :)

Ford Bronco Pics and Video from Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park goproscreen1

Ford Bronco Pics and Video from Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park dronescreen2

Ford Bronco Pics and Video from Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park DTS_6412X-2400w

Ford Bronco Pics and Video from Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park dronescreen1

As you can see in the pics, we were losing daylight fast. And we didn't quite make it out of the canyon before dark. Where Pinkham Canyon spills out into the flat desert at it's southern end, the trail splits into a bewildering maze of tributaries of the wash, so it was a bit of a challenge finding our way out of there in the dark. There's a small tidbit of that at the end of the video :)
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome :) I might just do this on Saturday

Rangers told me no to drone usage anywhere in the park proper, might want to be careful with that.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Awesome :) I might just do this on Saturday

Rangers told me no to drone usage anywhere in the park proper, might want to be careful with that.
Yeah we found out about that too LOL. A fellow camper at the RV park we were staying at informed me about it later that night. So when we went back the next day to run Berdoo Canyon, if you saw that video, the drone footage stopped at the park boundary.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here are a few pics and a video from our recent run through Pinkham Canyon in Joshua Tree National Park. We were in a hurry as the sun was going down on us fast, so I didn't get as many still photos as I usually do. But there's plenty of great footage in the video, plus some history on the area.

DTS_6418X-1981w.jpg

Pinkham Canyon is a very easy trail, not even requiring 4WD. But a few spots do require higher clearance and better floatation than a normal car has, so this is another one of those quiet, out-of-the-way sections of Joshua Tree where you can truly get away from the crowds and enjoy the desert.

This concluded our 3-part exploration of the off-road trails of Joshua Tree. Check the others out if you're interested in Berdoo Canyon or the Old Dale Mine District. By the way, the videos are all presented in 4K (from my GoPros, drone, Nikon and iPhone) except that my dash cam (the one I got from Ford with my points) only records in 1080p. So if anyone can recommend a good dash cam that shoots 4K and has decent image stabilization let me know :)

goproscreen1.jpg

dronescreen2.jpg

DTS_6412X-2400w.jpg

dronescreen1.jpg

As you can see in the pics, we were losing daylight fast. And we didn't quite make it out of the canyon before dark. Where Pinkham Canyon spills out into the flat desert at it's southern end, the trail splits into a bewildering maze of tributaries of the wash, so it was a bit of a challenge finding our way out of there in the dark. There's a small tidbit of that at the end of the video :)
Awesome photos and video of your adventure! Thanks for sharing with the Bronco community.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nothing $17k of lights on the front bumper can't fix... lol Nice post, thanks!
What's funny is I do have a pair of pod lights on the A-pillar that I never got around to wiring up!

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I always wondered why people complained about something as trivial as the air bag warnings on the visors.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the pics and vid. We are headed out to Death Valley and Joshua Tree mid February nice to get a few ideas.
Sponsored