Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We spent some time out in the Joshua Tree area recently and spent one of our days wandering around the Old Dale Mining District, which is just on the northeast edge of Joshua Tree NP. No hard wheeling, just some great views, interesting old mines and no people. We had a great time but we felt like we only scratched the surface in the short time we had out there. We'll be back to remedy that.

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park DTS_6284X

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park IMG_6422

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park DTS_6295X

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park DTS_6306X

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park IMG_6440

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park DTS_6296X

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park IMG_6451X
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Love wheeling out there, lots of cool stuff out in the desert!
Yeah it's a really cool place with lots to see. I was out there once about 25 years ago but didn't pay much attention. I was young and dumb and didn't have much patience for old mines and slowing down LOL. It's amazing how much better the place got in the years since :)

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw your video pop up in my YouTube feed but haven't watched it yet. How far is that area to Bronco Knoll?

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I saw your video pop up in my YouTube feed but haven't watched it yet. How far is that area to Bronco Knoll?
I would guess it's about an hour away from there on the hardball. But there's a lot of cool stuff to see along the way (Cougar Buttes, Rattlesnake Canyon, Giant Rock, etc.) if you are able to take your time. If you're into historical and natural points of interest, we made a video a while back covering a few of the desert curiosities to check out while you're in the Bronco Knoll area:

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would guess it's about an hour away from there on the hardball. But there's a lot of cool stuff to see along the way (Cougar Buttes, Rattlesnake Canyon, Giant Rock, etc.) if you are able to take your time. If you're into historical and natural points of interest, we made a video a while back covering a few of the desert curiosities to check out while you're in the Bronco Knoll area:

I was up at Bronco Knoll this summer but didn't get to explore much of the surrounding area so your videos are inspiration to go back!

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We spent some time out in the Joshua Tree area recently and spent one of our days wandering around the Old Dale Mining District, which is just on the northeast edge of Joshua Tree NP. No hard wheeling, just some great views, interesting old mines and no people. We had a great time but we felt like we only scratched the surface in the short time we had out there. We'll be back to remedy that.

Ford Bronco Wheeling in the Old Dale Mine area Joshua Tree National Park IMG_6451X

very well done video. Makes me excited to get my Bronco soon. Reminded me of the first Terminator movie and the Jeep at the end..

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fun video! I love cruising in the desert. Did a fun trail in October outside of Bishop. Not too terribly hard but was a steep narrow shelf road going up to the Bristlecone Pine forest. Guess I’ll have to return to SoCal this winter

You both have far more patience than I for video. You do it well.

Also watching you re-gear series. Very cool.

Valhalla

Badlands
First Name
Valhalla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco,1996 Bronco, F350, JKU, MKZ, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice, but that last picture is awesome.

Outbound Exploration

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Sonic Hatchback RS, Looking to upgrade to Bronco*
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you ever want company, let us know! We love JTNP and there's SO many trails nearby too. Love the photos! 🤙

ElonMuk

Black Diamond
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All the vehicles
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good looking little rig

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was up at Bronco Knoll this summer but didn't get to explore much of the surrounding area so your videos are inspiration to go back!
Bronco Knoll itself is sort of meh...yeah it's a nice little hilltop but if it wasn't for the significance Ford assigned to it, it would just be another small hill out in the desert. But if you can string together a pretty cool tour of the area that includes it, now you've got an epic adventure :)
Sponsored