Pics of 2.3L engine & underhood compartment in 2021 Bronco

Mountain Goat

Black Diamond
First Name
Tyler
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 BMW 325i, '17 VW Alltrack, '20 Nissan Versa
The 2.3L (without the manual) is comparable to getting a Mustang with a V6, don't pop the hood if you can't deal with the shame lmao
The manual is the reason I'm getting the I4. I wouldn't even be buying the vehicle without the manual 🤷‍♂️

Advertisement

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Don’t be afraid of apparent “clutter” in an engine bay. New stuff is not necessarily “harder” to work on, it just requires a bit more patience to pay attention to where things go.

Change out an oil cooler on a 6.0 diesel or replace the up-pipe without removing the turbo and I promise you that you can conquer anything ;)

BroncoMan13

Base
First Name
Jason
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Davidson RKS
The 2.3L (without the manual) is comparable to getting a Mustang with a V6, don't pop the hood if you can't deal with the shame lmao
I totally disagree with this. The 2.3 is a potent engine for its size. Its actually pretty impressive. And with the 93 Octane tune you get around 325hp and 375tq. That much power from a small in-line 4 is pretty amazing. A lot of past V8s didn't even get that. Too many people are still obsessed with counting cylinders.

Felix808

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting for 4door Badlands Bronco
Clubs

I'm yet to see the actual motor under all that black licorice. (Never seen black spaghetti until now I guess :sneaky: )

Hoofnmouth

Base
First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Clubs

All kidding aside that engine bay looks like the kind that one of those little wires or line gets messed up your walking.
Just today i took a ride in a buddys 2.7 after i asked to see under the hood, way cleaner in the f150 but i noticed that mice have been chewing the firewall insulation one injector wire or computer harness and your walking.

Hoofnmouth

Base
First Name
mark
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Clubs

Wait is that carpet under the hood? How does Ford expect me to hose out my whole engine compartment with engine compartment carpet! Fail! 😀
It was a fiber like material on a hard backing like the panels up under the hood

dck82

Badlands
First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Colorado
In the usaf they would send newbies to the tool crib for all kinds of stuff flight line,k9p a solvent,pnuematic fluid in qt cans,the funny thing was they had props in the crib for them one was triple 000 sandpaper the guys had a piece of cardboard with 6 rocks glued to it they would say thats as course as it gets.
Yup a yard of flight line, prop wash and a left handed screwdriver.

Advertisement

Advertisement