Sponsored

Planning a Self Squatch Badlands Video - Questions / Requests?

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands 2D, 22 BD 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Planning a Self Squatch Badlands Video - Questions / Requests? 269715353_10159452758731005_1564112659620268820_n

Hey guys, I have a 2 door badlands manual self squatch with a 1" level and 35's and my buddy just did a 4 door self squatch with 35's and no level. Between Xmas and new years we are planning to make a comparison test video.

I have Toyo MT's and he has Nokian LT3's. Both are manual transmission.

I know a lot of you are curious about this. So drop your questions you would like to see covered in the video here. I'm working on a list of things to test / check.

Let me know, thanks.
Sponsored

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please include:
  1. Wheel offset info if different from factory wheels.
  2. Diameter of each of your two tire types (measured from side to side if installed on the vehicle, not top to bottom.)
  3. Yes/no removal of crash bars
  4. It is known that 35s on the street can be fine, but would like to see off-road testing and full articulation tests.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please include:
  1. Wheel offset info if different from factory wheels.
  2. Diameter of each of your two tire types (measured from side to side if installed on the vehicle, not top to bottom.)
  3. Yes/no removal of crash bars
  4. It is known that 35s on the street can be fine, but would like to see off-road testing and full articulation tests.
Noted, thank you.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Badlands should be fine with the same wheel offset as the Sasquatch (even without any lift). Crash bars need to be removed with anything over 33s. I think your buddy will need a lift to avoid rubbing off road.

FYI (and covered extensively) the stock Sasquatch removes the front crash bars. The idea is that the much bigger tire size addresses the crash safety issue.

OP
OP
NorthShoreBronco

NorthShoreBronco

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands should be fine with the same wheel offset as the Sasquatch (even without any lift). Crash bars need to be removed with anything over 33s. I think your buddy will need a lift to avoid rubbing off road.

FYI (and covered extensively) the stock Sasquatch removes the front crash bars. The idea is that the much bigger tire size addresses the crash safety issue.
Oh yea, I get all that. I've been off-roading with mine already. I'm just making a detailed video showing the clearances and what was needed to get it to this point.

Asking if anyone has questions they want covered in the video.

Shoresy

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land cruiser, focus st
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Planning a Self Squatch Badlands Video - Questions / Requests? 269715353_10159452758731005_1564112659620268820_n

Hey guys, I have a 2 door badlands manual self squatch with a 1" level and 35's and my buddy just did a 4 door self squatch with 35's and no level. Between Xmas and new years we are planning to make a comparison test video.

I have Toyo MT's and he has Nokian LT3's. Both are manual transmission.

I know a lot of you are curious about this. So drop your questions you would like to see covered in the video here. I'm working on a list of things to test / check.

Let me know, thanks.
Which level kit did you use ? And how easy/hard was the install?
Sponsored