Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Clearly, I need to switch jobs.
Me, too. I can't even get them to pay for my cell phone even though I use it constantly for my job.?

PecOBX

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep CJ7
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the information. I will try that. Thought I did that but will run it again.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

I’m in a pretty good situation as it relates to getting a new vehicle. My company picks up the first 45k of any vehicle I choose. I get to keep that vehicle in a company lease for 3 years (i can buy it out at the end for a ridiculously good rate). Anything over and beyond 45k I’m immediately responsible for. So for instance, if the total cost of the car (excluding tax) is $48k I would have to come up with $3000 cash up front.
1) I don’t know if I will buy out the bronco at the end of the 3 year lease. It will probably be somewhere in the 11k range.
2) I have not done any time of off-roading or over landing but it does interest me.

I was looking at the OBX because I could get it plus the high package (I like the idea of the 12” screen).

BUT I could get the big bend squatched for close to 45k as well. I like the idea of what this can give me for off-road.

I’ve played with a lot of the builds but I’m just unsure. There’s a chance I love this vehicle and buy it out as a “fun” vehicle in 3 years and keep it.

I welcome ALL opinions. Thanks!
Question, since it is a company lease you probably can't add accessories to it right? So you're going to want to get every accessory you might want from Ford at purchase time.

OP
OP

BroncoNoob

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Question, since it is a company lease you probably can't add accessories to it right? So you're going to want to get every accessory you might want from Ford at purchase time.
I can get anything I want as long as it’s new on the car.
Thanks for the replies so far and I’ll post do more build info when I have some time!

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all,

I’m in a pretty good situation as it relates to getting a new vehicle. My company picks up the first 45k of any vehicle I choose. I get to keep that vehicle in a company lease for 3 years (i can buy it out at the end for a ridiculously good rate). Anything over and beyond 45k I’m immediately responsible for. So for instance, if the total cost of the car (excluding tax) is $48k I would have to come up with $3000 cash up front.
1) I don’t know if I will buy out the bronco at the end of the 3 year lease. It will probably be somewhere in the 11k range.
2) I have not done any time of off-roading or over landing but it does interest me.

I was looking at the OBX because I could get it plus the high package (I like the idea of the 12” screen).

BUT I could get the big bend squatched for close to 45k as well. I like the idea of what this can give me for off-road.

I’ve played with a lot of the builds but I’m just unsure. There’s a chance I love this vehicle and buy it out as a “fun” vehicle in 3 years and keep it.

I welcome ALL opinions. Thanks!
Can you tell me where you work... ha ha...

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Also, the OBX includes the Signature Lighting that others on the BB add for $795. The only problem that I'm having moving up to OBX is the temptation of the High package (I really do need the 12" screen as I can't see shit up close without my glasses and I don't drive with my glasses). Another nice benefit is the additional sound deadening, lighted side mirrors, and 360 camera. The 4A is another added benefit.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel dirty saying this but OBX is the most civilized model and would probably be best.

Sponsored

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks, that 4wd auto is very intriguing and the OBX will probably hold its value better. That being said I think the painted fenders are disgusting, and I don’t need the squatch which is the only way to get rid of them on that trim I’m pretty sure.... maybe just get a matte black wrap on the fenders... :unsure:

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Of your choices I think the decision is easy.. I would go for the BB Sasquatched knowing you would NOT be doing any hardcore off roading until AFTER you bought it.

Yes the OBx is nice and offers alot, but it doesn't have the lockers and better suspension that you get with Sasquatch.

That being said... going outside your guidelines, I'd be buying a WT or BL and paying the difference. That 45k means it would be impossible for you to not make money when you go to eventually sell it... well unless you trash it.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks, that 4wd auto is very intriguing and the OBX will probably hold its value better. That being said I think the painted fenders are disgusting, and I don’t need the squatch which is the only way to get rid of them on that trim I’m pretty sure.... maybe just get a matte black wrap on the fenders... :unsure:
Again with the painted flares argument, it really is silly. Buy a standard set from the parts counter. Sell the painted flares or keep them. The flares can be swapped in 20 minutes at most (5 min./per wheel).
Sponsored