01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Finished installing the lights this morning, still have to aim them tonight. I can already tell in daylight that they're going to be much brighter than any other aftermarket lights I've ever owned.

As others have said, shipping was insanely fast, they arrived in two days, packaging was top notch and customer service was above and beyond. Really nice product as well. I'm glad I spent the extra $5 on the TP40 Torx bit for the bumper bolts since I didn't have one in the shop.

As far as lighting choice I ended up going with:
  • SS3 Max, White SAE Fog
  • SSC2 Pro, White Combo
  • SSC2 Pro, White Spot
I routed the main harness up through the headlight opening and used some clear tubing and zip ties to give the harness a little extra protection at the sharp edge on the sheet metal up top.

I opted to use upfitter switches #3, 4 &5 for the lights (I didn't get the backlit option). I figured I'd save #1 & 2 in case we add some higher amp draw items and #6 is being reserved for an IAG interior dome light kit once they're available.

6Q3WSlq.jpg

IiFLQdP.jpg

67B6Pfb.jpg

hp986FA.jpg

zEYWi38.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
JackTripper

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Finished installing the lights this morning, still have to aim them tonight. I can already tell in daylight that they're going to be much brighter than any other aftermarket lights I've ever owned.

As others have said, shipping was insanely fast, they arrived in two days, packaging was top notch and customer service was above and beyond. Really nice product as well. I'm glad I spent the extra $5 on the TP40 Torx bit for the bumper bolts since I didn't have one in the shop.

As far as lighting choice I ended up going with:
  • SS3 Max, White SAE Fog
  • SSC2 Pro, White Combo
  • SSC2 Pro, White Spot
I routed the main harness up through the headlight opening and used some clear tubing and zip ties to give the harness a little extra protection at the sharp edge on the sheet metal up top.

I opted to use upfitter switches #3, 4 &5 for the lights (I didn't get the backlit option). I figured I'd save #1 & 2 in case we add some higher amp draw items and #6 is being reserved for an IAG interior dome light kit once they're available.

Ford Bronco Pocket Lights - Mod Bumper zEYWi38

When you started adjusting the lights to aim them, did you remove the moduler or part of the bumper for ease of access?

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When you started adjusting the lights to aim them, did you remove the moduler or part of the bumper for ease of access?
Nope, I tightened them down as much as possible while still being able to barely move them. Theyā€™re aimed and solid.

Sponsored

TheBear

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco WT, '20 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Really like the DiodeDynamics Max and Pros with KR flush brackets. Like @Crash98 stated, easy to connect kit. I have a triple set-up wired on 4 of the switches. I have basic skills and was able to get it done, albeit a pro could have done it much faster.

Switch #2 for the quad (combo) Max SS3, #'s 3 and 4 for SS2 pro white (spot) and SS2 Pro yellow (SAE fog) and #5 for the "jewel-look" backlight option on all of them. Switch 6 will be for DD backup kit when I can swing it. (Switch 1 TBD; but maybe that cool "in the spare wheel compressor" kit someone's working on or a future hidden winch or something...)
Did the pocket fog lights from Diode Dynamics really require 4 of the switches!? Can it be done with less? I donā€™t have that many switches to spare (ditch Lights, reverse lights, future ideas)

defiant2

Badlands
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2-door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used one per pair of lights and one for the backlight options. I see a lot of people put multiple pairs on a single switch though.

Did the pocket fog lights from Diode Dynamics really require 4 of the switches!? Can it be done with less? I donā€™t have that many switches to spare (ditch Lights, reverse lights, future ideas)

TheBear

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco WT, '20 RAM 2500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used one per pair of lights and one for the backlight options. I see a lot of people put multiple pairs on a single switch though.
Thank you for the reply

Hot cheetos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Ranger/2004 Pontiac GTO
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any of you with the DD fogs know what tabs they talk about trimming when flipping the lights? I flipped the lenses so theyā€™re going to face the correct way, but I donā€™t see anything needing trimming?
Sponsored

Last edited: