Sponsored

Poll: Floor - level climate control low/no airflow issues

Does your Bronco have little or no airflow through the floor and underseat ducting?

• Total voters

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to help @Ford Motor Company help those of us who have little-to-no airflow out of our floor and underseat ducting. I was told there was nothing the service guys could do about this issue until it becomes either a TSB or something “in the system” to be a warranty fix.

<edit> - additional text pasted here from a note of mine below.

I could possibly reduce the subjectivity and instead make it comparative: put your hand in front of any other vehicle’s floor vents at max fan speed, then do the same with the Bronco. I did this comparison between my Bronco and my F150 and no anemometer is needed to feel the total lack of flow through the Bronco. Plus, my daughter’s feet do not quite literally freeze in the back seat of the F150, while in the Bronco her feet were very, very cold. She’s 26 so the comment needs to be taken seriously. It’s not safe at low winter temps in the back seat. No vehicle I’ve owned since the 1970s is that bad.

Given the airflow on the window at max fan speed in defrost mode is good, when this volume of air supposedly gets sent to the floor vents you would expect to feel something comparable. Not in my Bronco…

Hope that elaborates my issue a bit…

<end edit>

Please respond whether you have this issue or not, and whether you have a 2 or a 4-door Bronco.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Last edited:

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

4 door 2.3 owner - I have floor air flow that’s mid shin level. I’m impressed that warm air is flowing after driving 2 miles. On a deleted 6.7 it’s 8-10 before I can feel any warmth.

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think this is fairly subjective without something like an anemometer to actually read the data. That said, I don't even have the need to select the other vents. I literally only use the floor flow

OP
OP
BrentC

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this is fairly subjective without something like an anemometer to actually read the data. That said, I don't even have the need to select the other vents. I literally only use the floor flow
I could possibly reduce the subjectivity and instead make it comparative: put your hand in front of any other vehicle’s floor vents at max fan speed, then do the same with the Bronco. I did this comparison between my Bronco and my F150 and no anemometer is needed to feel the total lack of flow through the Bronco. Plus, my daughter’s feet do not quite literally freeze in the back seat of the F150, while in the Bronco her feet were very, very cold. She’s 26 so the comment needs to be taken seriously. It’s not safe at low winter temps in the back seat. No vehicle I’ve owned since the 1970s is that bad.

Given the airflow on the window at max fan speed in defrost mode is good, when this volume of air supposedly gets sent to the floor vents you would expect to feel something comparable. Not in my Bronco…

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

2 door 2.7, I have little to no air flow at my feet, I turn the face vents on high and point them toward the floor, it keeps my thighs warm!

Sponsored

2ata

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Curr.: 2021 Ford Bronco; '77 924, '01 986, '02 911
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Brent, are you seeing this in both the front and rear seats/vents?

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying to help @Ford Motor Company help those of us who have little-to-no airflow out of our floor and underseat ducting. I was told there was nothing the service guys could do about this issue until it becomes either a TSB or something “in the system” to be a warranty fix.

<edit> - additional text pasted here from a note of mine below.

<end edit>

Please respond whether you have this issue or not, and whether you have a 2 or a 4-door Bronco.

Thanks!
We have a 2dr. There are times when it seems as though the control to change the vents gets mixed up and it has a hard time deciding where to send the air. When this happens there is no air coming from the floor vents after having selected "floor". So, we go back to the selector and select floor again and it will eventually work itself out and will start blowing!

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have airflow to rear but it isn't hot(just barely warm after 2hrs driving @-20c)also notice alot of cold coming from center console area,will be discussing this with our enginnering rep at next meeting.

Ozark

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
‘22 Black Diamond 4-door
hardtop / 2.7/ advanced 4wd/ base package/

A bit late to the party but this is my first winter with the Bronco and my floor vents basically have no air coming from them. The defrost vents are never completely closed even when only floor vents are selected. Although the defrost vents WILL completely close when selecting the front facing vents only.

My daily driver before the Bronco was 25 years old with over 300k miles, so I’m use to not having luxuries, but a properly working heater in a $50k vehicle is a bit silly.

The only thing keeping my rear passengers from freezing to death was their Starbucks. Only because they have to physically hold on to their coffee due to the lack of rear cup holders. I like to believe that was Ford engineering’s plan all along.

Aside from the frost bite, the Bronco crushed the winter weather we received.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s definitely not great up front and about nothing in back. Not sure why the a pillar vents get so much flow when the air is directed at the feet. I don’t need to blow dry my hair when I’m trying to heat the footwell area.
Sponsored