Duel Climate Control in a Base Bronco

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does anybody know if I can add duel climate control in a base 2022 Bronco? Maybe changing the control unit? Or is it more complicated than that?
Sponsored

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
SEEMS TO BE SOME PROGRAMMING ISSUES. I bought one (came out of F150, same description, only had truck instead of bronco icon on button), put it in with no issues, came on and thought it was okay but it blew hot all the time.....has to be something that can be changed to make it work via forscan but so far, i haven't figured it out. hoping some one will soon cause i like the look....keep me updated if you find out anything.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does anybody know if I can add duel climate control in a base 2022 Bronco? Maybe changing the control unit? Or is it more complicated than that?
Totally different system. Changing the module would just be a small part of things that need to be changed.
You would need a whole new climate control housing at very least also and most likely a different wiring harness.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dual has separate heat/cool circuits at least inside the vehicle. And separate damper controls maybe even separate fans but maybe just dampers. Your best bet is scoring the entire center dash from a salvage unit

Stevdug

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 base bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
To the above comments. Yes and no. Yes it has been done in F150 models, I have done it in my mustang. No it will not be true dual control, but it is possible for it to hold cabin temorature. So far I have failed to get it to work in the bronco.

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I open or close a vent, works perfect.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not worth the effort works horrible anyway. On both our ‘21 and 22 it is horrid. I always have to set my side way below the desired temp. The wife will be 3* hotter and my dash vents will go to warm instead of keeping me at my set point. Has to be 5* or more to truly get one side to blow cool and other hot. My superduty and our Chevy blazer worked way better.

OP
OP
Kyukidoeric

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My wife runs the heater all the time, it almost burns my feet, I think anything is better than an argument everytime I turn off the heat. Does anybody have an answer if I can change out any components to achieve the duel AC?

OP
OP
Kyukidoeric

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Totally different system. Changing the module would just be a small part of things that need to be changed.
You would need a whole new climate control housing at very least also and most likely a different wiring harness.
That's what I'm afraid of.