First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' Renegade, 20' Wrangler, 92' VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m trying but not having any luck so far. Good chance I’m going to Iowa or WV.
i thought about doing the same, but then thought; is it really worth the flight there, drive back/hotel(s)/gas/food/extra miles on the car right off the bat?

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i thought about doing the same, but then thought; is it really worth the flight there, drive back/hotel(s)/gas/food/extra miles on the car right off the bat?
I absolutely think so. It’s only about 8-9 hrs either direction, you’ll still be money ahead, and you get a big portion of your break in taken care of.

Its only $100 flight to Des Moines from GR, or $2-300 for a rental.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm with Royal Oak Ford too, same as N3T.. I might have to beat him up a bit to see if he'll give me something to keep me there.. definitely on the fence still. Granger is making it hard not to consider it!

Sponsored

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I emailed the sales manager at Barber ford (Holland), which is where I have my reservation. He seemed like a pretty transparent guy. He said he was told they’ll be accepting a/z plan, not sure about x plan. I asked if they might be open to a group deal. His response was that Ford is going to allocate broncos to dealerships based on reservations in the dealers market area, not how many total reservations they have. I have no idea how true all that is, but Granger seems to be banking on it, so maybe this guy is blowing smoke.

If it is true, maybe there’s still an opportunity for any west Mi people to still try?

OP
OP
Gr8Hortoni

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As it sits, there’s no allocations to dealers until orders are first filled. You’re allowed to change dealers once before oct 31, so if can arrange a group to switch dealers, they can receive more orders if they are willing to make a deal.
Keep us all posted if they will commit to a group buy discount. I’d rather drive to Holland than out of state, but the price from granger and Stephens is too good to pass on (especially for non x plan purchasers).

I’m gonna ride out switching dealers until the last minute since we can only do it once.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I emailed the sales manager at Barber ford (Holland), which is where I have my reservation. He seemed like a pretty transparent guy. He said he was told they’ll be accepting a/z plan, not sure about x plan. I asked if they might be open to a group deal. His response was that Ford is going to allocate broncos to dealerships based on reservations in the dealers market area, not how many total reservations they have. I have no idea how true all that is, but Granger seems to be banking on it, so maybe this guy is blowing smoke.

If it is true, maybe there’s still an opportunity for any west Mi people to still try?
yea, that's true. and also has nothing to do with offering the same deal as Granger or Stevens. hah! Granger is also getting their vehicles in the order the reservation is placed, just like everyone else. Meaning, everyone who has a reservation through granger isn't going to get their bronco at the same time. They will come in as ordered, granger will prep, and make arrangements with that person to pick it up. i'm sure their reservation orders will span over several months, not all at once.
Sounds like he's trying to fast-talk you to get you to agree with him, and isn't interested in cutting us any deal.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I talked to my reservation guy at Royal Oak Ford here in metro detroit and told him all about the forum posts from granger and stevens (and that he should cehck it out), and talked a lot about cutting us a deal etc to offer something similar. He was super nice, and IMO very honest, but also didn't sound like he was interested in cutting us a deal either. Said something about he didn't know how they were going to make any money. He mentioned something about having 45 reservations himself.. I dunno, maybe he thinks that's good enough?
I even said I'm not expecting him to give me the same deal, but asked what about something else like lifetime powertrain warranty or something else to keep me there. Said, it's going to be hard not to pass on saving $1300.
He said he was going to check out the forum and "keep me in the loop" on his findings.. We'll see. But if he doesn't get back to me before mid October then I guess he's going to loose my business.

sliwa

Base
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sounds like he's trying to fast-talk you to get you to agree with him, and isn't interested in cutting us any deal.
I was kinda getting that feeling also. Maybe I’m alone in my thoughts on it, but I’m not looking to bankrupt the dealers. I have z plan, so I don’t even think I’d benefit much. I was thinking more along the lines of seeing if they’d eat the doc fees, admin, prep, etc if they know they’re increasing their volume.

On another note, I’ve never gone this route in buying a car. I only recently made my reservation. Is it strictly the order reservations were taken is going to be the order they are filled?

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I talked to my reservation guy at Royal Oak Ford here in metro detroit and told him all about the forum posts from granger and stevens (and that he should cehck it out), and talked a lot about cutting us a deal etc to offer something similar. He was super nice, and IMO very honest, but also didn't sound like he was interested in cutting us a deal either. Said something about he didn't know how they were going to make any money. He mentioned something about having 45 reservations himself.. I dunno, maybe he thinks that's good enough?
I even said I'm not expecting him to give me the same deal, but asked what about something else like lifetime powertrain warranty or something else to keep me there. Said, it's going to be hard not to pass on saving $1300.
He said he was going to check out the forum and "keep me in the loop" on his findings.. We'll see. But if he doesn't get back to me before mid October then I guess he's going to loose my business.
My reservation's at Royal Oak Ford too. I'm thinking of checking out Bill Brown Ford in Livonia.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I saw one of Granger's posts saying something about Z plan people won't benefit from their deal. I could be wrong on that though so do your own digging to be sure.. And yes, if you have one of the first reservations, your order should be filled close to first. one of the last reservations your order will be filled close to last. I'm sure it won't run exactly in order, but will be pretty close.

eatworksleepdie

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My reservation's at Royal Oak Ford too. I'm thinking of checking out Bill Brown Ford in Livonia.
They are supposedly one of the largest (maybe the largest) dealers in Michigan? Nice place. They are on Plymouth just East of Farmington. I thought about hitting them up too. Let us know how it goes!

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I h8te talking to dealers & have avoided them most of my life. So if anyone is able to find a good deal with a straight-talking dealer I’ll join in. I have x-plan but I’m nervous about ordering a desireable vehicle the dealer doesn’t have in stock & having them play games at time of delivery.

Everybody’s your friend until it comes time to sign - then it’s like pineapple pizza in the water.

Ford Bronco Possible group buy - Mich 05ECAF79-47D5-4CD1-B9EA-B93E01E0D1E8

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My dealer will be accepting A-Plan so it'd have to beat that. Been a bit. Been a couple weeks, what'd they come back with?
Accepting A-plan..... literally every ford dealer on earth MUST accept A-plan unless its an SVT vehicle.
Sponsored