Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Any guesses on what the 4x4 auto full time auto engagement is?
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the OBX if you want to upgrade your existing mid package, you either upgrade to high OR lux. If you add lux it automatically includes the the lower two. therefore on the OBX, the lux package costs 3500.00, not the total of the lux, high and mid added together.
That's correct

OP
OP
Tdifonzo

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait so what top is standard on the base model if I donā€™t get the molded carbonized gray?
You get the gray hardtop on the 2DR. Soft top on 4DR.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think the average person would be able to tell that much of a difference in the 2.3 and the 2.7?
Youā€™d notice for passing maneuvers on the highway more than anything but itā€™s not really a deal breaker in my opinion. Also Ford makes a warrantable tune for the Ranger 2.3 that gives it nearly identical power as the V6 and maintains 50 state legality. Sure theyā€™ll do it for the bronco. And 5 star trucks makes a tune thatā€™s close to 400 hp. Iā€™m going with the lighter motor; easier to work on, one less turbo that will eventually need to be replaced and able to make similar or better HP than the bigger / more complex motor.

Sponsored

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Outer Banks loses the fogs also. I like those, but could add a set of cubes on the Safari bar if I chose the modular bumper. Still need to think on that.
Thats my intention for the WildTrak. I think the steel bumper looks way better and I need to use some of those Aux slots. I would be bummed without fog lights otherwise though

Omwil297

Base
First Name
Owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 xj
Your Bronco Model
Base
Once the build and price comes out we won't need threads with 800 replies in three hours. All the answers will be on the Ford website ?
Iā€™m really amazed that no one here has built a b&p already with the information every onhas pulled together truly this forum is amazing

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Probably a typo since it only lists it that way on the base model. Manual is standard trans for most models. Muts and ruts after all.
The manual is listed as on the 2 door in the "key feature" graphic and as standard on the 2 door. It lists the automatic on 4 door under standard features, and optional on the 2 door. It's definitely not a typo. There's an outside chance it's a mistake, but I doubt it.

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The suspension is the same on Badlands, minus the stoppers. The tires would be about $500 more for the set. Those are beadlock ready rims...not that much more than the aluminum rims on the Badlands to begin with.

How is it still 50% of the cost of the upgrade on the other trims...when Badlands has all of the expensive things already, and a smaller difference between the tires and wheels in cost to begin with? That makes no sense.
Not sure it has been stated that the bump stops is the extent of the high clearance suspension. Pretty sure they are still trying to account for about an inch more in height between the Badlands and Wildtrak after the difference in tires. You also get the wider fender flares. I'm guessing the difference in the rims is at least $150 per wheel which would be $750, plus the tires are at $500. Whatever suspension work and the flares making up the other half. I agree I think the $2500 is a little high (And still only a guesstimate as those are not final prices, just survey fodder) but $2000 would probably be about right.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So Big Bend, upgrade of Auto Trans+2.7 engine

Is it $3500+ $1600

or $ 3500 for the Combo?

What (%) degree of Reliabiliy?
$3,500 for the engine + 10-speed transmission upgrade. That price is 100% reliable, at least for the survey. But, I'd say it's also pretty reliable overall. If you build and price other Ford models (I was looking at buying at Mustang before the Bronco reveal), you'll see the 10-speed auto upgrade is $1,595. Also, if you look at other vehicles with engine upgrades, the $1,600 (or $1,900, depending on model), for the upgrade from the 2.3 4-cyl to the 3.7TT V6 is also similar to engine upgrades in existing vehicles.

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If pricing holds, this pretty much settled it for us. 4dr Badlands, 2.3, auto, standard 33AT wheel/tire setup and the Lux package. Things like the tow package, tops etc will be later decisions but those are all minor.
No Sasquatch package?

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No the molded in gray top has the removable front two panels, the modular painted top has a third removable panel over the rear seats on the 2-door
So, the basic 2 door canā€™t remove the back half of the roof? Or the basic roof has 3 pieces and the modular has 4?

I think the top breaks down to a t-top front -rear opening in the back of the top and removable side windows-just a guess from pics.
Iā€™m still so confused lol

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

is it just me or does the outer banks look like the best bang for your buck if youā€™re wanting an automatic?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Well I sure missed a lot. Not gonna go through 55 pages reviewing everything but to be honest this makes it seem like B&P is further off than we thought if they're asking if people what options they want on certain trims.
They likely have the template all set up and just looking at how much customers are willing to pay. Once they review the data, they hopefully would only need to plug in the pricing and hit the go button.
Sponsored