First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well ...the 2.7 and auto 10spd is a $995 upgrade on the F150.

So their $3500 is a total money grab from Ford.

And I dont care what FCA does. They suck.
Oh I agree. But you have to realize outside of people who want the manual, the 2.7 is the most desirable Bronco engine. With the F-150 the 2.7 sells really well. But more people would opt for the Coyote or 3.5 over the 2.7. Ford knows what the people want and that they will pay for what they want.
Sponsored

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To all,

Wrangler pricing is not a reference point. Wranglers are extremely overpriced. You pay $60K for 90s Tech. So everyone saying that “it’s on par with the Jeep” is not a good reference point.

Price on Options need to be reasonable and so far “$3700” is not reasonable at all. Feels like Ford is taking advantage of the hype and the passion people have for this vehicle. You need to compare pricing to other Ford vehicles, options for the Bronco shouldn’t cost more nor less than what they do on other Ford trims, including the technology and the engine/transmission options.

$3700 for a V6, $2700 to get a 12” screen, nearly $2000 to have a painted top (4D should come stock with hard top) and not adding paint costs, leather costs, etc opens up the door for other vehicle considerations or waiting for used market.

The moment I feel Ford taking advantage of a passionate group of buyers that’s when I consider walking out. And it’s starting to feel like that.
Ford should also keep in mind that this group is probably the most interested group and the vast majority of their future buyers for years to come will not be willing to pay premiums that just don't make sense. Gouging never works in the long run. Those companies who make a fair profit and listen to their customers normally prosper over time.

GeneralBoisvert

Badlands
First Name
Sheik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Starting to think the build and price is going to overwrite my enthusiasm for something a little more logical.
This.

Ford should expect about 20-30% of actual reservations to materialize. Between people holding multiple reservations, package pricing pushing every desired build over $40K and most close to or over $50K and an economy that is not the most logical to be purchasing a $50K vehicle.

Yet the Explorer received a $3-$5K price slash. Are Ford execs now leverage desired and enthusiasm to make up for it at our expense?

Sponsored

RustyBronc

Base
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-250 Heavy Duty 7.3 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well ...the 2.7 and auto 10spd is a $995 upgrade on the F150.

So their $3500 is a total money grab from Ford.

And I dont care what FCA does. They suck.
Doesn't the 10sp auto come standard in the F150? So you're only upgrading the engine and the standard engine is also a V6 in the F150. I don't think its a money grab. I think the pricing seems fair.

Reactions: RG7

Daltonm33

Base
First Name
Dalton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

bbq4133

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The $2,500 Sasquatch upgrade on the Badlands seems a bit pricey, especially considering that doesn't include the requisite auto upgrade. So that's...$4,100 total?

Sponsored

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gees...I feel like I should get some sort of badge just for finally reading this entire thread. Now I can drive to work and find 30 more pages to catch up on...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The $2,500 Sasquatch upgrade on the Badlands seems a bit pricey, especially considering that doesn't include the requisite auto upgrade. So that's...$4,100 total?
yup I want the A10 and its a seperate line item no matter what you do. now I am stuck between 2.3 and 2.7 upgrade

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hopefully the standard 8” display doesn’t yell, “I was too cheap to get the 11”. The 8” bezel shown so far, looks like an afterthough Instead of thoughtfully integrated.
I hope it does yell that since I’m getting the 8” and don’t give 2 ?? about what people think I paid since it’s a off road trail rig.
Sponsored