Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe Rocksliders will make a Bronco Version;
C0B55BAA-F1B2-4495-9F73-1772BC448316.jpeg
I had these on my Jeep LJ. Made to be bashed on the rocks! Stout! The driver side worked well...but the passenger side would need to be reset (did not drop when the door opened) on a regular basis (pull the fuse)...Also, they make a huge 'clunk' sound when they close. There is also an on/off switch so that they can deactivated on the trails. No worry about opening on the rocks.

The AMP research are quieter and seem to work flawlessly....but I don't think they will stand up to a big hit on the rocks?
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did a little more checking on this and saw on the F-150 forum that a company named Mytox now makes Fords power steps boards. Funny thing is they have to pay royalties to Amp Research because they are using their design. Even so, parts don't interchange between the 2. I don't know how mine were Amp Research on a 16 Expedition when the person that posted had an 11 F-150 Limited? He had complained about problems, but they always worked when at the dealer, so they wouldn't do anything. One finally died a month after the warranty expired and the dealer replaced them due to the customer complaining while still in warranty. They said Ford charges almost $3k for them, but most people replace with real Amp Research that can be bought as low as $1200, plus you will be able to get replacement parts.
Exactly Ford gets 1500 per side on the boards...

Amp Research can be rebuilt with parts easier...

I just maintain mine so they work when I get rid of it...

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sent a request to them to see if they were contemplating the Bronco...

I am familiar with them and Rock Slide Engineering (Jeep only) produces a great product.
Albert, theres very preliminary plans in the works for me to drop my 4-door off at RSE when I get it so they can use it. If you can somehow push my order to the front, we can get these to market faster.:LOL:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read some reviews on the AMP research. I like the way they look and function and I won’t likely do many rocks. Two downsides for me I need to consider (assuring they become available) are salt spray and they are not waterproof. They are susceptible to damage if submerged. Although I don’t often ford deep water, there are times in the spring it will be very possible, even on two tracks I will traverse. Maybe they have newer models or will add a water rated motor for the Bronco. I also have second hand experience with the power steps failing after spending a few years in the MI salt slurry we experience every winter.

Last edited:

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly Ford gets 1500 per side on the boards...

Amp Research can be rebuilt with parts easier...

I just maintain mine so they work when I get rid of it...
When you purchase Jeep Steps through AMP, you can choose Standard (height) motors or +3" motors (the XL model, for lifted vehicles).

I've contacted AMP, and asked them : based on the difference in step-in height from the +3" lifted Jeep to the Sasquatch(ed) 3" lifted Bronco (the Bronco appears to be about 1" lower step-in), will they consider to also make a +2" motor in their XL Bronco Power Step? My only response has been that they haven't had an opportunity to measure the new Bronco for height or to confirm the bolt pattern on the new frame.

Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When you purchase Jeep Steps through AMP, you can choose Standard (height) motors or +3" motors (the XL model, for lifted vehicles).

I've contacted AMP, and asked them : based on the difference in step-in height from the +3" lifted Jeep to the Sasquatch(ed) 3" lifted Bronco (the Bronco appears to be about 1" lower step-in), will they consider to also make a +2" motor in their XL Bronco Power Step? My only response has been that they haven't had an opportunity to measure the new Bronco for height or to confirm the bolt pattern on the new frame.
I have not had them, and most of the Jeep customers we have put rock rails or cheap running boards...

I personally had one with the rock rail and power steps that made it easier for my wife and daughter to enter, just made the back of my pants dirty at 6'2"...

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have not had them, and most of the Jeep customers we have put rock rails or cheap running boards...

I personally had one with the rock rail and power steps that made it easier for my wife and daughter to enter, just made the back of my pants dirty at 6'2"...
Yeah, I hear ya... I'm also 6' 2" and I'm able to get in a Jeep (I've had 3-Wranglers) comfortably. Unfortunately for this Jeep/Bronco lover, my wife is 4' 10." If they made an elevator, I'd have to get it!!!

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is Ford sending testers to aftermarket companies?
I talked to Amp about two weeks ago. They said that they haven’t seen a Bronco yet... and that they must be able to have one to complete the design (for accurate measurements) for the work associated with all of their products.

Sponsored

SFNMutt

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Rubicon, 2012 Mustang GT vert
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My wife grumbles about getting into my Jeep but at least she's in the front seat. It's my mother-in-law climbing into the back that I feel bad for. She never complains but I know it must suck. The power dropdown rock rail steps will be a must have for me.

That'd be useful. Especially since I didnt consider whether or not my wife can comfortably enter and exit this thing . . .

Last edited:
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 DRW, 2015 4dr Jeep, 1997 F350, & more
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Opens when the door is opened... I guess your SOL with the doors off?
For the Jeep, Amp Research power steps sells a simple relay. When you take the doors off the steps stay down, press the lock button twice and steps retract.... simple technology

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F350 DRW, 2015 4dr Jeep, 1997 F350, & more
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, some of you are saying use th Aux switches inside the vehicle to deploy when the doors are off, wouldn't that entail getting into the vehicle first to deploy the step to help you get in the vehicle?

I have had the AMP steps on my Superduty for ~7-8 years now and have not had 1 problem (hope I didn't just jinx myself). Great addition and they have held up well to plenty of snow, ice, dirt, mud, etc. I think at least originally the OEM'd for Ford for the F150s, not sure about lately though.
For Jeep, AMP sells a relay, just click the lock button twice with the doors off to retractor deploy
Sponsored