Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Location is the main factor in price. I live in a major city and its $8- $10k for full ppf, and ceramic on the hardtop, windows and wheels. I'm driving 2 hours out of the city to get the same done for $5k. I recommend full coverage on panels. I hear if an edge isnt wrapped dirt can collect on the edge of ppf and start to peel over time not to mention look bad, especially on lighter colored cars.
Sponsored

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Location is the main factor in price. I live in a major city and its $8- $10k for full ppf, and ceramic on the hardtop, windows and wheels. I'm driving 2 hours out of the city to get the same done for $5k. I recommend full coverage on panels. I hear if an edge isnt wrapped dirt can collect on the edge of ppf and start to peel over time not to mention look bad, especially on lighter colored cars.
That's what the original people who quoted me were saying (about the non-wrapped edge). Good to know now that it isn't just an up-sell (again I'm a novice at this stuff, so it's probably common sense also).

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I paid $3200 for xpel ultimate, did everything except the tailgate. Did not wrap all the edges for that price, used a small shop and paid cash.
My Bronco is always parked in the garage , light off road use, kept clean and a weekend ride so I didn’t feel wrapping the edges was needed and I didn’t want to spend more than I did for my type of usage.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with ppf on the entire front end with the edges wrapped (and full ceramic coat). Also did the entire windshield frame (A pillars and above the windshield) as well as the headlights. No lines and happy with the results after a year of driving.

broncodozer (1).jpeg

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I went with ppf on the entire front end with the edges wrapped (and full ceramic coat). Also did the entire windshield frame (A pillars and above the windshield) as well as the headlights. No lines and happy with the results after a year of driving.

Ford Bronco PPF Questions - To or To Not Wrap Edges broncodozer (1)
Your bronco looks amazing! I'm curious how much extra they charged for the ceramic?

Also, do you think headlight PPF is useful? I'm debating on whether or not to get mine done.

Sponsored
OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I paid $3200 for xpel ultimate, did everything except the tailgate. Did not wrap all the edges for that price, used a small shop and paid cash.
My Bronco is always parked in the garage , light off road use, kept clean and a weekend ride so I didn’t feel wrapping the edges was needed and I didn’t want to spend more than I did for my type of usage.
That makes sense. Unfortunately, I have to park in my apartment's (uncovered) parking lot and it's my daily.

I'm curious though, when they gave you the $3200 quote, did they tell you how much extra it would cost to wrap the edges?

TXBrian

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That makes sense. Unfortunately, I have to park in my apartment's (uncovered) parking lot and it's my daily.

I'm curious though, when they gave you the $3200 quote, did they tell you how much extra it would cost to wrap the edges?
I didn’t ask about wrapping the edges.

Bullitt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2001 Bullitt Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your bronco looks amazing! I'm curious how much extra they charged for the ceramic?

Also, do you think headlight PPF is useful? I'm debating on whether or not to get mine done.
Thanks for the kind words.

They bundled my pricing...they ended up putting my retro stripes on, tinted front windows, power coated shackes and tow hooks as well as powder coated my brake calipers and beauty rings. So they did a lot of work...all for one price. My Bronco was the first in the shop, so they were excited to work on it. They gave me the suggestions and gave me a huge discount. (All the work would have totaled out at about $6k...I paid $3k, for all of the work.

Regarding the headlights, yes, it was useful for here in Colorado. There's a lot of sand and grit on the roads that kick up and wears on the plastic headlights. After a year of driving, my headlights still look like new.

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the kind words.

They bundled my pricing...they ended up putting my retro stripes on, tinted front windows, power coated shackes and tow hooks as well as powder coated my brake calipers and beauty rings. So they did a lot of work...all for one price. My Bronco was the first in the shop, so they were excited to work on it. They gave me the suggestions and gave me a huge discount. (All the work would have totaled out at about $6k...I paid $3k, for all of the work.

Regarding the headlights, yes, it was useful for here in Colorado. There's a lot of sand and grit on the roads that kick up and wears on the plastic headlights. After a year of driving, my headlights still look like new.
Wow, and I would've said $6k was reasonable for all that. I hope I can get somewhere close to that deal. Thanks!

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My guy did the headlights without even asking if I wanted it, guess it was included. I recommend it but not as critical as painted parts.

I have both wrap around and to the edge so I can speak from experience. The edge job is holding up just fine and I am about at the two year mark. When you first get it back you might see some curved edges lifting, I suggest taping them down for a day or two so they rest in correct position. Either style would be subject to picking up dirt if not 100% fully down, there are ways to mitigate this after pickup. Many dealers also will tell you to return after a week or two for a follow up visit fixing edges. On my Bronco I had a few spots that the detailer fixed. This happens along with specs of dust, bubbles that need to settle or sucked out. For what it costs I expected 100% perfection, but came to realize that it's not possible. You will see, I am sure others experienced something similar.

I believe the edge job is cheaper is because many shops are buying precut sheets. The precut is fitted to the job at hand for the exact make and model. The shop then does not have to trim as many edges or spend any time getting the wrap to curl around the edges.

Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This will be my second time DIY a kit. Not that hard but I never wrapped the edges which looks harder. I bought a 3M kit to do hood front area, roof, a pillar door cups, headlights. About $250 all in. Will probably do rocker area too.
Of course not for true branch protection but it’s good for stones. Paint is super thin on mine..scratches so easily.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be my second time DIY a kit. Not that hard but I never wrapped the edges which looks harder. I bought a 3M kit to do hood front area, roof, a pillar door cups, headlights. About $250 all in. Will probably do rocker area too.
Of course not for true branch protection but it’s good for stones. Paint is super thin on mine..scratches so easily.
Yeah, it will scratch if brushed too hard against branches but will save the clear coat and or paint. Love the folks who have the patience and skill to do their own PPF job. I bought a small kit off of Amazon (XPEL) to play with.

WhiskeyCity

Badlands
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.3L, 7spd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First, sorry if this has been asked before but this is my first time having a vehicle worth getting PPF on and had some questions. My goal with this was to not spend $5k wrapping the entire vehicle, and just wanted to protect the parts most prone to damage for now.

I'm currently scheduled to get full front end PPF installed. This includes full hood, the trim piece above the bumper, full front fenders, A pillars, headlights, and the leading roof edge. They're also throwing in door edge guards. They quoted me $2400 before telling me that if I want the PPF wrapped around the edges of all the panels, that would be an extra $600.

Is wrapping the edges worth it? And, does the pricing fall in line with what you'd expect?

If I should wrap the edges, are there things that are less important to get PPF on (like the headlights, or getting partial fenders instead of full, etc.) so I can decrease the price a bit from $3000 and keep it a bit more in my budget for now.

Or, am I being foolish and I should just pony up for the entire amount?
I got my rig wrapped in XPel Stealth at a great place in Lexington, KY, Detail Tech. They did all painted surfaces & wrapped the edges for about $5k. One of the owners, Ryan, is awesome and took great care of me and my Bronco. I know it's a lot more than you were thinking of spending but the piece of mind, for me anyway, is well worth. Plus, I like the Stealth look.

I'm down in Bardstown so if you want to talk about it or take a close look at my rig, send me a note.

Cheers,

WC

Ford Bronco PPF Questions - To or To Not Wrap Edges Stealth LH

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, it will scratch if brushed too hard against branches but will save the clear coat and or paint. Love the folks who have the patience and skill to do their own PPF job. I bought a small kit off of Amazon (XPEL) to play with.
My limited experience was it’s not too hard but I know wrapping edges is harder though. Also compound curved areas can be tricky. I’m too cheap for 4K. If anything I’d find a good paint shop to add more clear if that’s possible.

OP
OP
soupcansam

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I got my rig wrapped in XPel Stealth at a great place in Lexington, KY, Detail Tech. They did all painted surfaces & wrapped the edges for about $5k. One of the owners, Ryan, is awesome and took great care of me and my Bronco. I know it's a lot more than you were thinking of spending but the piece of mind, for me anyway, is well worth. Plus, I like the Stealth look.

I'm down in Bardstown so if you want to talk about it or take a close look at my rig, send me a note.

Cheers,

WC

Stealth LH.jpg
Not sure if I can go down to Lexington as I assume this is a multi-day job and my bronco is my only vehicle. I'll try to get quotes near here that are reasonable, at least.

I'm slowly starting to consider doing full body or at least PPF on everything except the tailgate, but obviously at least not to outside my budget - it just means I'll delay some of the other mods I wanted to do for quite a bit longer. I'll think about it a bit more. Thanks for the response!
Sponsored