Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve driven my 2024 Big Bend w/mid package almost 4k miles, but haven’t seen any pre-collision assist warnings. I’ve been in a few situations where I would have expected a warning, and have set this to the most sensitive setting. How can I test whether this is working without endangering anyone?

My Honda Civic had this feature and it went off periodically. Not seeing a single warning in three months and 4k miles makes me wonder if it’s not working on my Bronco. I have the modular bumper but haven’t installed anything that would interfere with the radar or windshield camera.
Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I only have it go off when a car in front of me is turning left and I know he's going to turn before I get there AND I have room on the right if he doesn't.

OP
OP
Epmes

Epmes

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I only have it go off when a car in front of me is turning left and I know he's going to turn before I get there AND I have room on the right if he doesn't.
I’ve been in that exact situation and it does nothing. My Civic would have warned me but the Bronco does nothing. I’m wondering if I have a bad radar sensor.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It mostly goes off when I am turning left with a car in front of me. I have also had it go off when I am in the middle lane, and some yahoo decides to cut right in front of me moving over two lanes.

I know I am not going to hit them because the other vehicle is moving laterally, but the car doesn't know that.

I set mine to "least sensitive" to cut down on the nuisance alerts.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Find a big cardboard box, like for a flatscreen TV and set it up in the road, drive towards it at ~25mph and see if your sensors work, worst case you hit a box, no harm no foul.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’ve only had mine go off once - a guy was making a right hand turn ahead of me and the system thought I was going to slam into him I guess.

It’s much more sensitive on the Bronco Sport - I’ve seen it a few times over there

Desert_Brush

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mini Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Base
Find a big cardboard box, like for a flatscreen TV and set it up in the road, drive towards it at ~25mph and see if your sensors work, worst case you hit a box, no harm no foul.
Hahaha I second this. Sounds fun in general. Getting a little serious it could be you are just a tremendously safe driver and that's why it hasn't gone off.

helifino16

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Dodge Challenger, 2007 FLHTC "Classic"
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I find that mine only goes off when my foot is on the accelerator. If I'm on the brake or not on any pedal, it will stay silent. Like others, I only get it when I'm following too closely (bad on me, but traffic here is awful, so it's almost unavoidable) and the car in front of me is turning. I had it go off once on me when I was doing a U-turn (in left-most turning lane) and the guy in the lane to my right did the same thing.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you even just touch the brake pedal no matter close the box or idiot driver in front is the warning will not go off.

MileHighCitizen

Badlands
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2D 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you even just touch the brake pedal no matter close the box or idiot driver in front is the warning will not go off.
Full send it is then.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ve driven my 2024 Big Bend w/mid package almost 4k miles, but haven’t seen any pre-collision assist warnings. I’ve been in a few situations where I would have expected a warning, and have set this to the most sensitive setting. How can I test whether this is working without endangering anyone?

My Honda Civic had this feature and it went off periodically. Not seeing a single warning in three months and 4k miles makes me wonder if it’s not working on my Bronco. I have the modular bumper but haven’t installed anything that would interfere with the radar or windshield camera.
mine goes off alot lol ???
Sponsored