Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda funny I literally put my order in for my 22 Mustang GT yesterday afternoon without knowing about the price increase at midnight.
Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kinda funny I literally put my order in for my 22 Mustang GT yesterday afternoon without knowing about the price increase at midnight.
Do you expect to get a Mustang before 2023?

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because keeping the price protection program alive year after year after year after year costs them money. Honestly, it would be cheaper for them to just to build my order but for some reason they have dug in on principal that Granger should be punished for "abusing the reservation system". I feel just as strongly that I did nothing wrong in following their original instructions to choose my dealer using their system and place my reservation and order. It's pretty clear who is holding all the cards though.
This is convoluted thinking. They aren't going to cancel your reservation. Its going to be okay.

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is convoluted thinking. They aren't going to cancel your reservation. Its going to be okay.
Even if they donā€™t, they will force me to abandoned it. They have already stated that price protection is only through ā€˜23. Their modified allocation system means I wonā€™t be seeing my build until after that. So no price protection for me. While I could easily afford any realistic price increase or even the disgusting ADM some dealers are charging. I refuse to do so on principle. Itā€™s just a truck, while I would have liked to have one itā€™s not something I need.

And I have zero interest in a ā€˜24 anyway with the refresh happening in ā€˜25. While they might have a hybrid version available by then which I would find appealing, itā€™s too far down the road to actually worry about.

Iā€™ve already resigned myself to never getting a Bronco and have started working toward alternate plans. But for some unjustifiable reason I keep watching the saga drag on. Moth to a flame behavior I supposeā€¦

Sponsored

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Even if they donā€™t, they will force me to abandoned it. They have already stated that price protection is only through ā€˜23. Their modified allocation system means I wonā€™t be seeing my build until after that. So no price protection for me. While I could easily afford any realistic price increase or even the disgusting ADM some dealers are charging. I refuse to do so on principle. Itā€™s just a truck, while I would have liked to have one itā€™s not something I need.

And I have zero interest in a ā€˜24 anyway with the refresh happening in ā€˜25. While they might have a hybrid version available by then which I would find appealing, itā€™s too far down the road to actually worry about.

Iā€™ve already resigned myself to never getting a Bronco and have started working toward alternate plans. But for some unjustifiable reason I keep watching the saga drag on. Moth to a flame behavior I supposeā€¦
Hang in there! Curious what are your other option that you are considering as alternatives ?

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hang in there! Curious what are your other option that you are considering as alternatives ?
Apologies in advance for the longish answer especially since it isnā€™t a single easy-to-compare vehicle like a Wrangler which might be relevant to this forum.

Because it doesnā€™t really cost me anything to keep reordering my same Bronco build so long as they keep offering the price protection Iā€™ll probably do that one more time for ā€˜23. Not after that though for the reasons I stated above.

The other option Iā€™m working on is actually a bit different from the Bronco but would still give me a nice combination of highway and daily driver as well as off-road capability. Basically itā€™s a 2023 Range Rover and a side-by-side. With some decent off-road tires the RR could do all the mild stuff on its own and the SxS could do the rest. Sure there are some alternating highway/off-road routes that would be better done with a single vehicle like the Bronco but there are plenty of ways and places to still get enough fun. The main thing I would be giving up would be around town roof/doors-off driving.

The other thing Iā€™m looking at along with the above combination is some kind of ev. While the Mach-E looks interesting, there is no way Iā€™m going to play any more of Fordā€™s waiting and allocation games or pay any amount of ADM. Iā€™m not really a fan of Teslaā€™s build quality and canā€™t justify the cost of a Lucid for a current generation ev. However, a fully loaded Kia EV6 GT-line AWD can be had easily and relatively quickly for MSRP (which after tax breaks would actually put it less than my Granger Badsquatch) and looks like a really nice dd/mall-crawler until solid state batteries arrive.

OP
OP
Bronck

Bronck

Base
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model