Hisham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

One of the dealerships in San Diego (arguably one of the highest demand areas for Broncos) has 15 broncos for sale. All above MSRP by 20k, although the sales man told me they are willing to make a 10k markup instead of 20k. I said no thanks Ill wait for when its 0 markup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Whether it‘s next month or 2 months from now they will be at MSRP. Taking into consideration, the current economy, gas prices, interest rates and the end of the rush of people who had to have a Bronco immediately, dealers will be selling them at MSRP.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My buddy just got a MSRP agreement from a dealer that had been tacking on 5k.
Your buddy should have asked for $5k under MSRP then. Only fair.

OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think OP is being slightly chicken little, but he's not really far from the mark. Used tesla model X's that were going for 130-140k not 6 months ago are barely reaching 100k now. There's a slight possibility that people are wising up to overpayment on things and just going "no, fuck that."
How am I “being slightly chicken little”? That makes a lot of sense!

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Pretty easy my friend. All you need to do is go on Autotrader and the rest speaks for itself. I'm not happy to report this as my 2022 Wildtrak has been in "Built" purgatory for 2 weeks now. Just reporting what I'm seeing.
I did this for about a month. Not one of the dozen plus msrp listings I called on was the actual price. Almost all were 10k or more over msrp. One was only 5k over but they low balled my trade by 7k. All of them sold but that last one.

sgraing1

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond.A Bunch More Junk.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Matters not to me about prices.I reserved within 2 weeks of reservations being accepted and took delivery late July this year. Was promised and received employee (Ford retiree) and protected pricing.
I bought this vehicle to own and not play buying and selling games with.

OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My general thought when I look at the searches I do is "Nobody sent these dealers the memo". I'm seeing several that have been on lots for 3 or 4 months and they are still trying to get 20k over MSRP. My guess is they acquired them for not that much less than that and now that the bubble is starting to burst, they don't want to lose out so they are holding on to them without reducing the price.

There was one I was interested in but it has 12k or so miles on it and they still want 17k over. They are firm on the price. I told them to let me know if/when they can reduce the price and we'll talk. That was about a week or two ago. The price is still where they set it then.

My thought about it is that I feel we are walking into more of a buyer's market (finally) so I'm not in a rush to buy. I'm ok with walking away. I don't mind paying over msrp tbh, but I don't want to pay 17k over on something that already has 12k miles on it. If it had 500 or fewer miles on it? Possibly.

I was looking at another with very few miles on it. They wanted 20k over. I told them if they can take 3k off or so, we could talk. I got an email back pretty quickly saying they could do that since it's been on their lot for so long. I'm in the middle of selling something before I buy, so I'm keeping that one on my short list while I sell and see what happens over the next few weeks.

Another I was looking at has come down in price about 3 or 4k over the course of a few weeks. I'd go for it, but it's a 21 with an engine build during the sketchy time. So that's a no go for me.
Make no mistake, this is what dealers do. They know exactly what’s happening but they’ll still try and hold on to the bubble as long as they can.
Most are very stubborn and try to pretend they still have something that’s worth more than it actually is. At the end of the day they will need to come back to reality and settle for what the vehicles are actually worth.

OP
OP
Montducati

Montducati

Raptor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT-350, 2020 BMW M2
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I did this for about a month. Not one of the dozen plus msrp listings I called on was the actual price. Almost all were 10k or more over msrp. One was only 5k over but they low balled my trade by 7k. All of them sold but that last one.
Yeah, that was then. Real time that is changing, watch.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In north Texas the prices are dropping way too much. I Won’t even get $50k for my obx. Some base ones here are going for $40k now.
I’m in Dallas and got $57,000 for my OBX on trade last week.

Sponsored

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Make no mistake, this is what dealers do. They know exactly what’s happening but they’ll still try and hold on to the bubble as long as they can.
Most are very stubborn and try to pretend they still have something that’s worth more than it actually is. At the end of the day they will need to come back to reality and settle for what the vehicles are actually worth.
100%. On the one that had the bad engine build date, the salesperson was all “These are really rare and hard to find, especially in this color”. I didn’t respond to that, but there are like 15 or so similar ones up on auto trader right now.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Was discussing this with my dealer when I picked up my Bronco two weeks ago.

If someone passes on a Wildtrack or Badlands, they will price it $15-20k over. Four door soft top OBX or Big Bend, $5k and would negotiate down to MSRP if needed.

Which is pretty much what we all expect. 4-door soft tops have been over-produced relative to demand, and people are still waiting over 2 years for their Wildtrack or Badlands.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The great Spencer Strasmore once said "Never buy a depreciating asset. If it drives, flies, floats or f—, lease it"
Totally agree. I’ve been leasing vehicles for over 30 years.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sitting on them is the right term, you would have to be ignorant and or desperate to pay those prices now.
You’re very right that we have to look at transaction prices not listing prices. Those Broncos can sit at $20k over sticker until the end of time but if no one is buying them it’s irrelevant.

From the stories I’ve seen here you can cast a wide enough net and find a Bronco at MSRP with the exception of maybe 2dr Wildtrak or some exceptionally rare trim.
Sponsored