Sponsored

Prices are starting to drop!

Deleted member 29556

My general thought when I look at the searches I do is "Nobody sent these dealers the memo". I'm seeing several that have been on lots for 3 or 4 months and they are still trying to get 20k over MSRP. My guess is they acquired them for not that much less than that and now that the bubble is starting to burst, they don't want to lose out so they are holding on to them without reducing the price.

There was one I was interested in but it has 12k or so miles on it and they still want 17k over. They are firm on the price. I told them to let me know if/when they can reduce the price and we'll talk. That was about a week or two ago. The price is still where they set it then.

My thought about it is that I feel we are walking into more of a buyer's market (finally) so I'm not in a rush to buy. I'm ok with walking away. I don't mind paying over msrp tbh, but I don't want to pay 17k over on something that already has 12k miles on it. If it had 500 or fewer miles on it? Possibly.

I was looking at another with very few miles on it. They wanted 20k over. I told them if they can take 3k off or so, we could talk. I got an email back pretty quickly saying they could do that since it's been on their lot for so long. I'm in the middle of selling something before I buy, so I'm keeping that one on my short list while I sell and see what happens over the next few weeks.

Another I was looking at has come down in price about 3 or 4k over the course of a few weeks. I'd go for it, but it's a 21 with an engine build during the sketchy time. So that's a no go for me.
So you are okay with paying 17k over ? Thats wild, just wait few more months, prices will come down, the greed will turn into desperation by dealers looking to just sell when the market flips to a buyers one.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know, it's kind of karma for a lot of these dealers. The manufacturers can't/couldn't meet the supply so dealers were and/or still are pre ordering as much as they can of everything (and ADM a lot of it). My dealer for instance has 75 F-150's "in transit" and 15 on the lot. In the meantime interest rates are going up, inflation keeps going and it's going to get worse, a lot worse before it gets better and it is likely too far gone to fix anytime soon. The media is already starting to push the "this is normal, you've just been spoiled for the last 25 years with unrealistically low rates" propaganda. Demand is likely to fall off a cliff and these dealers are gonna be stuck with a lot full of $65-$70k trucks, Broncos etc. I hope they got enough Bronco, Maverick, Tremor and Raptor ADM to hold them over for a few years. The good news is we'll all be able to afford Mavericks when they start selling at MSRP in 2 years. Heck knowing Ford, they will make the Bronco Maverick. It'll be the same truck with bold B R O N C O across the grille!!

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not sure how many of you are noticing this; however, prices are starting to drop quickly on new and pre-owned Bronco's.

Dealers are starting to list prices at MSRP now and private owners are asking below MSRP. I'm also seeing a significant increase in dealer inventory and private owner sales. I would definitely not pay over MSRP now and the people who pay the insane prices for the Raptor are taking a bath.
Not the case in my area. My Ford Dealer bought back my loaded 2022 Badlands with 3,500 miles on it for 14k more than MSRP I paid in July. . I did have 4k in King Shocks on it. But they jumped at it. This was two weeks ago.

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
So you are okay with paying 17k over ? Thats wild, just wait few more months, prices will come down, the greed will turn into desperation by dealers looking to just sell when the market flips to a buyers one.
That's basically what I was trying to say...... Thanks! :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I negotiated invoice with my dealer, but I was an early reservation holder with X-plan. I agree, do not pay above MSRP as rates increase the demand decreases. Rates are coming in north of 6% nowadays from the 2-3% we are used to. It changes things substantially for a lot of folks. It's insane.
You can still get a rate today under 4
Percent with good credit from a credit union. For example schools first is at 3.75 yesterday.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are there any recent pictures of dirt/ice mountain?

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can still get a rate today under 4
Percent with good credit from a credit union. For example schools first is at 3.75 yesterday.
You better jump on that. The credit union that gave me 3.5 in March wants 6.7 now same credit score and nothing else different.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I hope you locked in a nice sub MSRP price. Theyā€™re out there!

re: that much $ for a Wranglerā€¦ I thought the same thing a year ago when I put in my order for our 2022 392 XR. ā€œAm I really about to pay $80K for a Wrangler?ā€ Yes, I was. Then I waited six long months. Then it arrived and we loved that thing. Ridiculously overpriced? Yes! was that price quickly forgotten? Also yes. Amazingly fun? Triple yes!

Enjoy the 392. Amazing truck. Air down those tires to 38 and enjoy! Oh, and never drive a Bronco Raptor lest you follow in my footstepsā€¦ :)
8k under msrp at Koons! I got my JKU 75A from them in 16 as well.

Plan on babying the 392 and daily driving a Bronco.

Sponsored

Denis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I know there are dealers with Broncos on the lot and asking $10-$20k over MSRP
But, people were reporting that they were getting offers also from Carmax, Carvana.. well over sticker price
So, I did it for fun
My Bronco was still at the dealership, and I entered VIN to Carmax, Vroom... Just to see what will be offers
Thought, if they come $10k over, will just drive it straight to Carmax
And, order new Bronco, because I made few mistakes in my config, would order different set up now
Long story short, all offers were $5k or more below MSRP, and car was brand new, 5ml, still at dealership
I kept it of course, absolutely love it
Just sayin', looks like prices are going down, and if I may suggest, just ignore dealers with insane prices above MSRP
They will look funny in few months

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
We live in more door America. Bigger is better. More room. More stuff. This is why aftermarket caters to 4 door first. Yes, the true Bronco is 2 door, but get over it, 4 door is now.
Heck even the two door is huge compared to a real Bronco, over 2' longer and 1' wider. However about 1000 threads on 33"-37" tires, while none on 27's says it all, very few want a real Bronco.

Belle

Black Diamond
First Name
Lori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜85 FXSB, ā€˜18 FLHXSE, 2022 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw this yesterday while waiting to get the oil changed in our pickup. About fell out of the chair.

65DBE8D4-7C24-4AD8-9DBA-394A314BB4B9.jpeg

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m still seeing used broncos for sale from 6-8 months ago on car gurus. Prices have dropped on those and they still arenā€™t selling. Wonā€™t be long before the used ones are under msrp.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You better jump on that. The credit union that gave me 3.5 in March wants 6.7 now same credit score and nothing else different.
I just got 3.46% for 60 from Delta CU in Georgia yesterday.
Sponsored