Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not seeing this in my area of the world.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Big spenders bidding up prices or bogarting multiple Broncos can negatively impact other people getting a Bronco, given the limited availability, so that's one reason people might care. Otherwise, besides thinking buying three or more of the same new vehicle is bizarre behavior, it wouldn't matter much.
Buying three …… or ten ………isn’t bizarre behavior ……..especially when they are for family members that want one. People thinking it’s bizarre……is what’s really bizaare…..lol

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are still folks on here advocating buying a "stop-gap" bronco with little to no penalty. I don't see it happening going forward.

The downside here is even though prices are going down, interest rates are going up. So any potential savings by getting a Bronco at MSRP will be eaten up by higher interest payments over the course of a loan. Just the world we live in nowadays.
Not disagreeing but I was able to get 3.99@60 on a used 2022 4Runner three weeks ago. If rates start going up, it hasn't happened quite yet.

The_Chonco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I live in florida and local dealers are all 10-20k over msrp before dealer fees. I found a fully loaded eruption green badlands with the sasquatch package at Nourse ford in BFE Ohio last week.

They offered it to me for $4500 over msrp, no dealer fees or add ons. I jumped on it. Worth it to me because I dont have an order and the banks are still closed for new customers. Going to visit my dad in WV after I get it so thats a bonus.

I figure we will see new broncos at MSRP next summer, but you can find decent deals now if you are willing to fly and pick up in a small market.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Big spenders bidding up prices or bogarting multiple Broncos can negatively impact other people getting a Bronco, given the limited availability, so that's one reason people might care. Otherwise, besides thinking buying three or more of the same new vehicle is bizarre behavior, it wouldn't matter much.
I perhaps would of went with unimaginative instead of bizarre. Here a household owning 2 or 3 Subaru's, Accords, or Camry's is pretty common.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I know there are dealers with Broncos on the lot and asking $10-$20k over MSRP
But, people were reporting that they were getting offers also from Carmax, Carvana.. well over sticker price
So, I did it for fun
My Bronco was still at the dealership, and I entered VIN to Carmax, Vroom... Just to see what will be offers
Thought, if they come $10k over, will just drive it straight to Carmax
And, order new Bronco, because I made few mistakes in my config, would order different set up now
Long story short, all offers were $5k or more below MSRP, and car was brand new, 5ml, still at dealership
I kept it of course, absolutely love it
Just sayin', looks like prices are going down, and if I may suggest, just ignore dealers with insane prices above MSRP
They will look funny in few months
Carfax offered me 5K below msrp on my 21 a year ago. They aren't a good gauge on actual prices.

Southern62

Outer Banks
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

At the height of the madness we sold my father in laws Buick Encore, a 3 cylinder turbo, with 50k miles, 3 years old, $3000 more than sticker from when he bought it. When interest rates started climbing, I knew the used car sellers were going too get bit in the ass, especially with inventories improving.

The_Chonco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the height of the madness we sold my father in laws Buick Encore, a 3 cylinder turbo, with 50k miles, 3 years old, $3000 more than sticker from when he bought it. When interest rates started climbing, I knew the used car sellers were going too get bit in the ass, especially with inventories improving.

Yeah if you had extra cars and or timed it right there was some money to be made. I bought the wife a 2021 RAV4 Hybrid right when the pandemic started and everything was shut down. Toyta knocked off $4500 because sales where down at the dealership 90 percent. Year later sold it to carvana for 8k profit. Sold my Honda ridgeline for 10k profit after owning it a year and a half. Then we just shared the wifes new car until I got the Bronco. Crazy times. Once used cars were selling for more than new, I knew shit was bad and something was going to have to give.

I just hope these dealers selling over MSRP 20k get whats coming. Greed on top of inflation only turns people off to dealers when more people are looking for direct to consumer. Why do we even need a middle man... When i bought a tesla is was the best car buying experiance I ever had. Walked in, signed the papers, and drove off 30 mins later.

Last edited:

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
[QUOTE="The_Chonco, post: 1663945],

I just hope these dealers selling over MSRP 20k get whats coming. Greed on top of inflation only turns people off to dealers
[/QUOTE]

Carvana has apparently lost 250 million in inventory value over the last 60 days. They bought high, and wholesale prices are down 12% or so.

Sponsored

The_Chonco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I mean look at at the size of the current F150 or Tundra vs the 80s and 90s . Everything doubled in size. I think the bronco would of looked like a toy if they went with the 60s design / size. When I think bronco I think Oj Simpson running from the police bronco. Big and beefy. I think they nailed it as well.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Regular Bronco forum: prices are dropping! Rejoice!

Raptor forum: the sky is falling!

Motoxslow

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HD Pan American, 2003 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had the pleasure of owning a 77, 95 and now a 22. The 77 will always have a special place in my heart because of the time spent all up in her guts, cutting, welding, sanding, grinding and replacing rusted body parts. It was a very fun off-road vehicle. The 95, meh, it was just a truck great at pulling the dirt bike trailer. Now the 22, had it for a week and loving it so far. I live a mile down a dirt road that runs parallel to a lake impound. Let’s just say over the twenty years we’ve lived here, our road has been under water more time then I care to remember and it’s three miles of dirt trails and Amish backroads to get out when the road is impassable. The Badlands may be a bit overkill for mud, creeks and tobacco fields but it will get dirty at least.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been gone from here for a little over 6 months. I had an opportunity to buy a new house here in CT. I sold my 4 door OBX to CarMax. I used the money as a downpayment on the new house. I did not make a killing on the deal. They paid me MSRP. My wife felt bad that we sold the Bronco. It was one of our favorite vehicles we have owned. For my 50th, she has surprised me with another Bronco. While every dealer here in CT wants $15-20K over MSRP, I found this Badlands (2022 with 2.7) on a dealers lot in NH and got it out the door yesterday for $58K total (after tax/title/tags). My hometown dealer has a silver one on the lot for $72K (before tax/title/tags). I guess price, as usual, comes down to the dealer you are using. Props to Grappone Ford in Bow NH. It was absolutely the best dealer experience I've ever had. I called them, placed a $500 deposit to hold the Bronco, picked it up the next morning. All paperwork was done and awaiting me when I arrived. Staff was amazing. They had the Bronco detailed/fueled, met me as I drove up, and had me out the door 30 minutes later. If I ever want another Ford, I am absolutely driving 3.5 hours again to do business with them. I also spoke to 2 other customers that had driven in to look at the 2 Badlands they had for sale. Unfortunately for them, both bronco's had been available on Friday, and were already sold by Saturday morning. Mine and a black 4 door ragtop. Both priced below $60K.
Ford Bronco Prices are starting to drop! bronco
Sponsored