Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The Basquatch reminds me a lot of the Mustang LX 5.0 coupe you used to be able to get. Great value and everything you needed without all the crap the GT tacked on.
I loved the LX model, mainly because the GT body kit and taillight treatment looked horrible.
Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

if they would offer mid package on base,i'd be all in

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Agree 100%. Base sasquatch is a steal really.
I don't want/need sasquatch though, so planning to go 4dr Base, 2.7L/AT, MIC HT, Switch pkg and find a great deal on some larger tires/wheels on my own and put it in the books for around $40K including tax.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can see base being like said a fleet or gov/muni only availability in a few years. forest service, rural mail, park rangers, state and national park service are perfect for this thing as the demo model alluded to.

85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't see much fleet use in these things...

Most park rangers have pickups and/or sxs's and around me rural mail delivery people have to provide their own vehicle. So everybody uses old 4wd's because they are cheap to buy and maintain... and the value isn't pummeled by zillions of miles.

Sponsored

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Base + Sasquatch is a killer deal but I miss out on a lot of options that I do want . Do I want to spend near 60k , no , but I also would never be happy with a Base and a color I don't want , no upgraded lights , no extra sound deadening , no nice stereo , no high level instrument panel , none of the cool G.O.A.T. modes , no MGV seating , no 360 cameras , no high level safety features , no heated seats , no swaybar disconnect , no adapative cruise control , no ( add your own feature from the list here ) .

20k over a squatched base isn't too bad when I want it all :)
For 20k though, you can buy a lot of "cool" stuff.

for 20k, i bet i can get a tune, exhaust and intake upgrades, MGV custom seats, 17s with 37s + 2 inch lift, rock rails, under armor, new bumpers, expedition rack, and some lights and probably have someone else install it all. Just sayin.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all, I've looked here, and did not find a discussion on this, I also may have missed it. In which case, my apologies.
And this is a legit question I have. I'm not trolling or trying to cause trouble. I am interested in buying (either a '21 or '22 Bronco)
I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

Anyway, it's concerning the "value" I guess of the different models. (I will discount the 1st edition, since it's not really avail anyways)
As I understand it, there is nothing drastically different from one to another, besides the obvious Outer Banks & Wildtrack which include a Auto Tranny & V6 prospectively. And the Badlands (which has the "sasquatch pkg minus the 35" tires).

I guess what I mean is the brakes, & suspension (on most but the two prev mentioned) are all the same.
Different models offer different seating covers and option pkgs (mid/hi/lux) and ext color options, I get that.
But the $3-$5k increase in price, in a lot of the choices, doesn't seem like a very good "value", or is it just me?
There's the seat options, but $1800-$2400 at Katzkin solves that. (Leather is an additional upgrade on the models where avail. And at $2100, that seems to be a reasonable price to me)

For ex, For $5k over the base, the Big Bend pretty much gets you tires,wheels, heated seats and more avail options/few more colors.
Doesn't really look like you'r getting any credit back for NOT taking the base tires & wheels.

Seems to me the Sasquatch package (even on the base) is the best value by a mega-mile. Beefier axles w/lockers, proper gears, upgraded suspension, 35" tires & wheels for $5k. Those (esp the axles) are some serious upgrades for the $$$
That same $5k doesn't seem to nearly buy the same in model upgrades, such as my prev example with the B & BB models). Is it just me?

Even on the Badlands, the MT tires are a $700 upgrade over the AT. Isn't Ford considering your "credit" for not taking the AT tires? And as it currently sits, you also need to upgrade the wheels to get the 33" MT tires as well, which changes it to $1690.

I mean, I love the Badlands, but at $14,000 over a base model, I dunno. I can do a hell of a lot of modding for $14k.

I don't really want to take a base model w/squatch pkg (the only reason I would is for the lockers and axles / ratio), but so far, Ford hasn't made the other models appealing enough for the extra $$.
Please enlighten me. :)
Exactly why I switched from BL to Base SAS. I'll pocket the $14K and be just as happy with a Base SAS and just keep my loaded Ranger for all the tech and creature comforts. The Bronco will be my off road toy and around town with the doors and roof off toy. Besides there's a lot less to worry about without all the tech and computers on board if you don't need it. Plus I figure in a couple more years when I retire I'll get rid of them both and get a loaded BL if I really want but for now this is the best dollar for dollar value.

OP
OP
Yota85

Yota85

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SR5 Taco 4x4 Xtracab, 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Are you sure you're not trolling? Cuz you admit 3 of the trims are drastically different.

That's how trims work in most vehicles being sold. How many different types of brakes did you want?

Like if you upgrade the wheels, you're expecting two sets of wheels? Nope you don't get to sell stuff back to Ford. ?
No, but $1000 for a wheel upgrade is a little steep.
As is a $700 upgrade to go from the Same brand & size tire from an AT to a MT. They MT tires wouldn't cost you $700 more to buy at Town Fair Tire than the ATs. Maybe more like $100-$150 more.

For example. On my Kubota tractor the R4 tires were a $100 upgrade. Why? Because they cost $100 more for a set of 4 than the Turfs. So, you get the "credit" for the turf tires for not taking them and pay for the cost difference. Seems fair. (is that math tripping you up here?)

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

for 20k, i bet i can get a tune, exhaust and intake upgrades, MGV custom seats, 17s with 37s + 2 inch lift, rock rails, under armor, new bumpers, expedition rack, and some lights and probably have someone else install it all. Just sayin.
A lot of buyers just want the most options they can get up front with a factory warranty and really don't do much to the vehicle after that . I owned a custom accessory company for 20 years and actually purchased a couple base vehicles every year just to customize and make rolling billboards out of . I get the appeal or at least I use to . I made a very good living out of customizing lower trim level vehicles . Now I'm in the camp of just give me a great vehicle up front and I pretty much leave it alone . The drawback to getting a base model and throwing $$$ at it down the line is when and if you try to sell or trade it , in the end it is still a base. You very rarely if ever recoup any of that money spent fixing it up to your personal taste .

There is no bad choice with the Bronco , everyone must simply choose what makes them happy . Personally I want to be able on day one to turn around and look at it in awe of what I have chosen . Sorta like I have done with my wife since the day I said I do . If you are constantly wanting to fix it up , you may have not made the best choice to begin with :)

Sponsored

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

This is true. However, you're not going to be able to wrap that $20k into your auto loan, and you're not going to get it back at resale. Compromises.

OP
OP
Yota85

Yota85

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had the same questions and concerns. What upgrades in what models are worth it, to me. In my case, a base with Sasquatch is what I'd like. But I'm wondering if I need it. I definitely want more ground clearance that the base w/o Sasquatch, and the tire options and things get confusing because I don't know how much higher of a tire I can put on a base myself, w/o Sasquatch.
I've decided not to buy at all until I see owners putting videos on YouTube lol. I want to see what a base w/o Sasquatch (lockers, height, tires) can and can't do.
I have to hand it to Ford though, as you can upgrade a Base or BB or BD to the proper axles and gears. That is true NOWHERE else.
A Jeep Wrangler X, SE or Sport will NEVER have 4.11 gears with a Dana 44 front & rear, with lockers. Unless you pull ones off of a Rubicon in a junkyard. They will always have inferior gearing and axles for 35" tires (or even 33"). Not true with the Bronco. Installing gears and lockers is rather expensive (not to mention the upgraded axles..... D44's with lockers are around $4k ea), hence WELL WORTH the $5790 on the website (prob be less, as that upgrades you to the 10-sp auto, which we now know you don't need with the Sasquatch pkg)
I'm not crazy about the tires & wheels, but those could easily be sold on Craigslist (for someone else to upgrade their ride with 4.46 gears) to get something I would like. The hard part (Axles & lockers) is done. I like the standard fender flairs though. (Tires I'd chose would prob be 305/70/18)

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is true. However, you're not going to be able to wrap that $20k into your auto loan, and you're not going to get it back at resale. Compromises.
True you can't wrap it into a loan, but depending on where you live, your upgrades are worth $$.

They depreciate just like any other component but just take a look at used Jeeps for sale all over California to get an idea of what modded rigs are selling for. The upgrades are not worth zero like many people assume.

You will have to wait for the right buyer that will be wanting to do similar activities that you were.. but really, if you're selling in a state like CA, it is not hard to find that type of buyer so I am not worried about not getting my $ worth for it if i decide to sell. Again, the nice thing about the Bronco is they are giving us a blank slate to customize or you can drop an extra 20 to get more bells and whistles.

OP
OP
Yota85

Yota85

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Also I realize that resale has not been factored in here. If the Badlands holds nearly $9-10k trade in value over the base.....well, things get sticky, from a math standpoint. But we won't know that for years. Can't wait that long :)
Ex. We bought an '05 Nissan Xterra Off Road new for $31k Trade in after 7 yrs was $7900. I kid you not.
Got a 2012 Wrangler Sahara 4dr new for $34k (We ended up getting $10k for the Xterra trade, but it wasn't easy)
Just traded the Jeep (sold it actually) to the dealer after 8.5 years for $21,500. And it was easy...not a whole lot of back & forth........perhaps coulda gotten more :)
My point is, trade in value differences can add up to a lot of $$$ ($10,600 in this case, assuming the $7.9k trade and $3k diff in the new purchase price)

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You’re pretty much spot on. Base/2.7/SQ is a tremendous value. You get all the capability of the top level off-road trim (BL/WT or Rubicon in the Jeep world) with none of the baked-in price increases.

For people that really want some of the higher level comforts, they have to pay for the incremental trim price increase as well as the package cost once you get to that trim (OBX notwithstanding). This has always kept me away from Rubicons because I don’t want to pay for baked in comfort and tech features that I don’t want.

Edit: things like SQ on a base model and 2.7 or 2.3/MT will mean a lot for resale down the road which further complicates the trim debate. I don’t think it will be like Jeep where the 2 gasoline engine choices are different flavors of the same turd so engine choice doesn’t matter as much (Diesel not included).
Sponsored