First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 SR5 Taco 4x4 Xtracab, 2006 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hey all, I've looked here, and did not find a discussion on this, I also may have missed it. In which case, my apologies.
And this is a legit question I have. I'm not trolling or trying to cause trouble. I am interested in buying (either a '21 or '22 Bronco)
I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

Anyway, it's concerning the "value" I guess of the different models. (I will discount the 1st edition, since it's not really avail anyways)
As I understand it, there is nothing drastically different from one to another, besides the obvious Outer Banks & Wildtrack which include a Auto Tranny & V6 prospectively. And the Badlands (which has the "sasquatch pkg minus the 35" tires).

I guess what I mean is the brakes, & suspension (on most but the two prev mentioned) are all the same.
Different models offer different seating covers and option pkgs (mid/hi/lux) and ext color options, I get that.
But the $3-$5k increase in price, in a lot of the choices, doesn't seem like a very good "value", or is it just me?
There's the seat options, but $1800-$2400 at Katzkin solves that. (Leather is an additional upgrade on the models where avail. And at $2100, that seems to be a reasonable price to me)

For ex, For $5k over the base, the Big Bend pretty much gets you tires,wheels, heated seats and more avail options/few more colors.
Doesn't really look like you'r getting any credit back for NOT taking the base tires & wheels.

Seems to me the Sasquatch package (even on the base) is the best value by a mega-mile. Beefier axles w/lockers, proper gears, upgraded suspension, 35" tires & wheels for $5k. Those (esp the axles) are some serious upgrades for the $$$
That same $5k doesn't seem to nearly buy the same in model upgrades, such as my prev example with the B & BB models). Is it just me?

Even on the Badlands, the MT tires are a $700 upgrade over the AT. Isn't Ford considering your "credit" for not taking the AT tires? And as it currently sits, you also need to upgrade the wheels to get the 33" MT tires as well, which changes it to $1690.

I mean, I love the Badlands, but at $14,000 over a base model, I dunno. I can do a hell of a lot of modding for $14k.

I don't really want to take a base model w/squatch pkg (the only reason I would is for the lockers and axles / ratio), but so far, Ford hasn't made the other models appealing enough for the extra $$.
Please enlighten me. :)
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey all, I've looked here, and did not find a discussion on this, I also may have missed it. In which case, my apologies.
And this is a legit question I have. I'm not trolling or trying to cause trouble. I am interested in buying (either a '21 or '22 Bronco)
I just wanna make sure I'm not missing something.

Anyway, it's concerning the "value" I guess of the different models. (I will discount the 1st edition, since it's not really avail anyways)
As I understand it, there is nothing drastically different from one to another, besides the obvious Outer Banks & Wildtrack which include a Auto Tranny & V6 prospectively. And the Badlands (which has the "sasquatch pkg minus the 35" tires).

I guess what I mean is the brakes, & suspension (on most but the two prev mentioned) are all the same.
Different models offer different seating covers and option pkgs (mid/hi/lux) and ext color options, I get that.
But the $3-$5k increase in price, in a lot of the choices, doesn't seem like a very good "value", or is it just me?
There's the seat options, but $1800-$2400 at Katzkin solves that. (Leather is an additional upgrade on the models where avail. And at $2100, that seems to be a reasonable price to me)

For ex, For $5k over the base, the Big Bend pretty much gets you tires,wheels, heated seats and more avail options/few more colors.
Doesn't really look like you'r getting any credit back for NOT taking the base tires & wheels.

Seems to me the Sasquatch package (even on the base) is the best value by a mega-mile. Beefier axles w/lockers, proper gears, upgraded suspension, 35" tires & wheels for $5k. Those (esp the axles) are some serious upgrades for the $$$
That same $5k doesn't seem to nearly buy the same in model upgrades, such as my prev example with the B & BB models). Is it just me?

Even on the Badlands, the MT tires are a $700 upgrade over the AT. Isn't Ford considering your "credit" for not taking the AT tires? And as it currently sits, you also need to upgrade the wheels to get the 33" MT tires as well, which changes it to $1690.

I mean, I love the Badlands, but at $14,000 over a base model, I dunno. I can do a hell of a lot of modding for $14k.

I don't really want to take a base model w/squatch pkg (the only reason I would is for the lockers and axles / ratio), but so far, Ford hasn't made the other models appealing enough for the extra $$.
Please enlighten me. :)
I have tried to make the BB and BD work to just get a rear locker and although they come with a few niceties that aren't available on the Base they come nowhere near the value of a Basquatch.

It seems to me trim upgrades are about $1500 overpriced for the value gained.

A dealer that wanted to sell some Broncos and get folks to up-trim could offer a $500 discount for each up-trim, ie -$500 for BB, $1000 for BD, $1500 for OBX etc.

CanadianFord

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've had the same questions and concerns. What upgrades in what models are worth it, to me. In my case, a base with Sasquatch is what I'd like. But I'm wondering if I need it. I definitely want more ground clearance that the base w/o Sasquatch, and the tire options and things get confusing because I don't know how much higher of a tire I can put on a base myself, w/o Sasquatch.
I've decided not to buy at all until I see owners putting videos on YouTube lol. I want to see what a base w/o Sasquatch (lockers, height, tires) can and can't do.

deejay08

Badlands
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

you are already enlightened. There's nothing really to add here.

Step up trims and you get more options available plus standard equipment from Ford that is in the nice to have category. There is nothing (except for Swaybar) that offers any real differentiation. That is why so many people are going from Badlands down to basesquatch. It is just the absolute best bang for your buck by far. To me it is not even close.

Once the aftermarket gets a hold of the bronco, you are going to see awesome mods and tons of modded out Badlands and Black Diamonds anyway but you are going to be stripping it down to basically what a base comes with plus the squatch pack. Unless you care about the badge on the side, I believe you are overpaying if you step up trims.

I get why people do cuz they want more amenities but you're paying a little extra for it (which is fine) but to me it isn't the value buy. FYI, i was originally getting a badlands no matter what but for the money i can save i can get every bell and whistle i want, how i want it custom in my base. Also, headlights are better in the base and black diamond.

Brock27

Badlands
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Step up trims and you get more options available plus standard equipment from Ford that is in the nice to have category. There is nothing (except for Swaybar) that offers any real differentiation. That is why so many people are going from Badlands down to basesquatch. It is just the absolute best bang for your buck by far. To me it is not even close.

Once the aftermarket gets a hold of the bronco, you are going to see awesome mods and tons of modded out Badlands and Black Diamonds anyway but you are going to be stripping it down to basically what a base comes with plus the squatch pack. Unless you care about the badge on the side, I believe you are overpaying if you step up trims.

I get why people do cuz they want more amenities but you're paying a little extra for it (which is fine) but to me it isn't the value buy. FYI, i was originally getting a badlands no matter what but for the money i can save i can get every bell and whistle i want, how i want it custom in my base. Also, headlights are better in the base and black diamond.
Man I'm so torn on this. Every hour I switch between Badlands, BaseSquatch and a Rubicon. All I want is a 2.7 BaseSquatch plus 12" display, marine grade vinyl seats and the 360 camera. Couldn't give a crap about the extra features I'm forced to buy just to get those 3 extra things...

Sponsored

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you sure you're not trolling? Cuz you admit 3 of the trims are drastically different.

That's how trims work in most vehicles being sold. How many different types of brakes did you want?

Like if you upgrade the wheels, you're expecting two sets of wheels? Nope you don't get to sell stuff back to Ford. ?

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basesquatch is an amazing deal and value for what you get.

I want the manual as close to sasquatch meow. Since mansquatch is a late or MY2022 delivery BL I go. Once you add the options Badlands or Black diamond has std the price starts to even out. If you don't want or are planning to aftermarket those basesquatch makes even more sense. I dont want to do much upgrading until Raptor parts come available to swap onto my Bronco so.

Lots of options and awesome driveline options on any trim really let's you dial in. Sure it is not 100% but for a first year rig this is awesome.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

God I hope Ford doesn't figure out what an absolute value the Basquatch is in the next few months. I could see them restricting Squatch to upper trims once they see the take rate.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

God I hope Ford doesn't figure out what an absolute value the Basquatch is in the next few months. I could see them restricting Squatch to upper trims once they see the take rate.
Possible but It would defeat the marketing mission of modularity....and they are making money for that squatch at 5700 added to the base.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Base + Sasquatch is a killer deal but I miss out on a lot of options that I do want . Do I want to spend near 60k , no , but I also would never be happy with a Base and a color I don't want , no upgraded lights , no extra sound deadening , no nice stereo , no high level instrument panel , none of the cool G.O.A.T. modes , no MGV seating , no 360 cameras , no high level safety features , no heated seats , no swaybar disconnect , no adapative cruise control , no ( add your own feature from the list here ) .

20k over a squatched base isn't too bad when I want it all :)

Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will most likely discontinue the Base all together and start with the Big Bend after a short while .

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I decided based on the same conclusions you made regarding value.

Base
Sasquatch
2.7 V6

Hands down best Bronco value under 36k through Granger (estimated).

WadeWolf76

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Wrangler JK Willy's, 67 Ford Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The Basquatch reminds me a lot of the Mustang LX 5.0 coupe you used to be able to get. Great value and everything you needed without all the crap the GT tacked on.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

They will most likely discontinue the Base all together and start with the Big Bend after a short while .
My guess is they will make the Base "Fleet Only" as they did with the Explorer.
Sponsored