First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mountaineer, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Obvious question, but why is there a "proper sequence" to rotating a tire outside of clockwise or counter-clockwise? Figure there's a reason, just want to know what.
Clockwise is how I had my dealer do mine. I don't think it makes any difference as long as you keep with the same pattern. I just did it that way since there are different ways people do it so to be consistent I just tell them clockwise each time.
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm about to ask my local dealer to do a 5 wheel rotation at my next oil change. I plan on only taking my truck to this same dealer so I assume the pattern they do will be consistent each time. I don't think I saw this answered, but does Ford have an approved pattern that they perform? Like is a rearward cross what their system says to follow for non-directional tires like the BFG KO2s?

GI_Jo_Nathan

Black Diamond
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Iconic Silver 2dr Manual Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm about to ask my local dealer to do a 5 wheel rotation at my next oil change. I plan on only taking my truck to this same dealer so I assume the pattern they do will be consistent each time. I don't think I saw this answered, but does Ford have an approved pattern that they perform? Like is a rearward cross what their system says to follow for non-directional tires like the BFG KO2s?
Yes it's in the owners manual. Was linked a while back. Should be able to find it here.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes it's in the owners manual. Was linked a while back. Should be able to find it here.
The owner's manual for the 2021 Bronco only has a diagram for a 4-tire rotation. For five tires, you swap the spare with what would have gone on the right rear.