Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello everyone,

I originally placed my reservation on 7/14/2020 for my local dealership in Northern Nevada. Over the course of the long wait, life changes have happened and I'll be moving to Oregon at the end of the year.

I had originally thought I may be able to switch dealerships (especially since I was told I was pushed to 2022, got the email and everything), but that doesn't really seem possible anymore... then another wrinkle showed up.

I received a 2021 build date! I'm very excited as I should be taking delivery shortly before I move states, but now I'm wondering about the logistics of purchasing this vehicle in Nevada and then registering it in Oregon.

Is there anything specific I need to take care of to make this happen smoothly? I've only ever purchased vehicles in the same state that I was planning to register them.
Sponsored

BravoZulu

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Nissan Murano
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hello everyone,

I originally placed my reservation on 7/14/2020 for my local dealership in Northern Nevada. Over the course of the long wait, life changes have happened and I'll be moving to Oregon at the end of the year.

I had originally thought I may be able to switch dealerships (especially since I was told I was pushed to 2022, got the email and everything), but that doesn't really seem possible anymore... then another wrinkle showed up.

I received a 2021 build date! I'm very excited as I should be taking delivery shortly before I move states, but now I'm wondering about the logistics of purchasing this vehicle in Nevada and then registering it in Oregon.

Is there anything specific I need to take care of to make this happen smoothly? I've only ever purchased vehicles in the same state that I was planning to register them.
Talk to your dealer. I am buying out of state and the dealer is taking care of the registration for me.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll likely have to pay Nevada sales tax. Check the law on that. No sales tax for Oregon residents.

OP
OP
dominicenoa

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll likely have to pay Nevada sales tax. Check the law on that. No sales tax for Oregon residents.
yeah, fully expecting to pay Nevada sales tax but just want a smooth transition to register in Oregon!

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I bet if you can prove Oregon residency, you may not have to pay the NV sales tax, or at least get it back.

Sponsored

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bet if you can prove Oregon residency, you may not have to pay the NV sales tax, or at least get it back.
You may have to show a few months of prior residency in Oregon though. States are kinda vicious about timing that looks like it was structured to evade tax (even if that wasn't the intention).

I'm dealing with this too, because I'm probably moving to Washington from Oregon around the time I get my Bronco. If I receive my Bronco less than 90 days before I move, Washington wants sales tax on it even though I wasn't their resident yet.

Hopeless Diamond

Badlands
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350/2dr Rubicon/'96 4R/'75 Intl D150/'22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'll end up paying a Use tax on it when you go to register here in WA anyway. The Use tax is essentially the same thing as Sales tax, just another way to dig into your pockets. You also have to watch how they value things, they have some very misguided ideas of what vehicles are worth, and how much tax they can grab.

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You'll end up paying a Use tax on it when you go to register here in WA anyway. The Use tax is essentially the same thing as Sales tax, just another way to dig into your pockets. You also have to watch how they value things, they have some very misguided ideas of what vehicles are worth, and how much tax they can grab.
That's the 90 day thing. My understanding is that if I move to WA >90 days after purchasing the Bronco, I avoid that junk, as my Bronco is "used" by that point. Obviously I still have to pay to register it, but it won't be treated like a new car.

Broncodriver76

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 1994 Bronco, 2021 FE, 2020 f-350
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If you can get your Oregon drivers license before your Bronco arrives, your dealer can sell it to you out of state with no sales tax. They may have to deliver it to the state line though.

Orjeepguy

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I bought my Jeep in Idaho. They took care of most of it. I had to physically go to DMV and pay for all the fees and such, if I remember correctly.
Sponsored