Happycampinman

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Installed our new TrailGater. Pulled the cover, surprise surprise. Canā€™t help but laugh
Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 šŸ¤£ IMG_7143
Sponsored

2023bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better than many.

The general thinness of the paint is a reminder how all these manufacturers are cutting corners by putting the bare minimum amount of paint on body panels. Nobody can say their Bronco paint looks "deep." Look at your Bronco at all angles in the sun, and you'll see how bad/thin the paint is.

Tesla is the worst. PPF is practically a requirement due to how thin the paint is. The PPF shops around me cater to them.

Last edited:

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I remember my first ford. Dont pull side panels off youll really be disappointed. Surprisingly most manufacturers do the same. No reason to paint the inside panels that are covered by carpet and trim.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The more I see about Broncoā€™s the less enthusiastic I am after waiting a year and a half. Gonna stsrt checking out the new Tacoma. May tell Ford to piss off.
Enjoy your šŸŒ®

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I remember my first ford. Dont pull side panels off youll really be disappointed. Surprisingly most manufacturers do the same. No reason to paint the inside panels that are covered by carpet and trim.
I don't know man, granted this was a LONG time ago but I recently replaced the old rusty tailgate on my 88 and I was amazed at the attention to detail; In addition to the full-body red paint job underneath the carpet and panels, all the bolt heads and exposed hardware were nicely painted and I just know that thing must have looked SHARP back in the 90s.

Ford was legit once upon a time, sad to hear that's not the case any more.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Is it steel or aluminum? Is primer showing through or bare metal?

Sponsored

ChrisB351

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco, 2005 ZX6r, 1993 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know man, granted this was a LONG time ago but I recently replaced the old rusty tailgate on my 88 and I was amazed at the attention to detail; In addition to the full-body red paint job underneath the carpet and panels, all the bolt heads and exposed hardware were nicely painted and I just know that thing must have looked SHARP back in the 90s.

Ford was legit once upon a time, sad to hear that's not the case any more.
Ive had 3 2nd gen Lightnings (one 01 and two 03s) and they werent painted between the bed and cab. The inside back of the cab was only partially painted and the inside roof above the headliner wasnt painted. I do believe the floors were complete tho. Under hood the trucks were painted (poorly) and not cleared. Dont get me started on older models with single stage paint.

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed our new TrailGater. Pulled the cover, surprise surprise. Canā€™t help but laugh
Ford Bronco Quality is Job 1 šŸ¤£ IMG_7143
The complaints I see on here are funny . The bare metal is protected and the paint robot fixture has to grab the parts somewhere. They choose an area that will be hidden. Have you ever taken apart a door on any car ever made ? All individual panels will have some spot like this. The body is dipped then placed on a fixture to be painted in one piece but there will be points on it from where it was attached,lol.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The complaints I see on here are funny . The bare metal is protected and the paint robot fixture has to grab the parts somewhere. They choose an area that will be hidden. Have you ever taken apart a door on any car ever made ? All individual panels will have some spot like this. The body is dipped then placed on a fixture to be painted in one piece but there will be points on it from where it was attached,lol.
Exactly.

65CarryAll

Heritage
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The last 2 door Blazer (ZR2)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Paint, inside a hidden panel? I thought the photo was showing a wiring harness with no clips holding it in place. It appears there are holes there for them.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more I see about Broncoā€™s the less enthusiastic I am after waiting a year and a half. Gonna stsrt checking out the new Tacoma. May tell Ford to piss off.
Cracks me up the people that think Toyota and Honda are so much better. Wife has a 2020 Tacoma. Know a lot of people with Hondas. No brand is perfect.

On the subject of paint, a few years back we got a new Subaru. The color I chose was more expensive so they didnā€™t paint the engine bay, left it in primer. Lots of complaints about that on the forums.
Paint, inside a hidden panel? I thought the photo was showing a wiring harness with no clips holding it in place. It appears there are holes there for them.
Looks like a clip dead center. Can see the tape on either side of it.
Sponsored