First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I upgrade my exhaust will it be worth while upgrading the mid pipes? Not really sure if it'll make that big of a difference/be worth the price. What do yall consider the best performance exhaust system for the bronco?
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
IMO the more you can let it breath the better. Best system is subjective...best power gains may sound like dog crap and drone.

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I upgrade my exhaust will it be worth while upgrading the mid pipes? Not really sure if it'll make that big of a difference/be worth the price. What do yall consider the best performance exhaust system for the bronco?
t ried 2 muffler deletes and resonators and was not happy with sound /performance
so i went full front to back borla touring and its the right growl/quite for me yes moves too

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In general.....
The exhaust may not be limiting the performance.
Adding a tune for more boost, fuel, and timing will increase performance. At that point a less restrictive exhaust may further improve performance.
If you want to go further, a bigger cam, bigger turbos and a bigger intercooler will produce more max hp (at high rpms) but will produce less hp at lower rpm's. It all depends on what rpm range you want the hp. Mods producing 'more hp' is often produced at higher rpm's which you won't notice in normal driving.
Maximizing torque/hp at lower rpm's should be your goal..... a good tune should get you there. If you're chasing hp gains, they'll usually be at a high rpm which you won't see in normal driving.
Look for gains in the rpm range you'll be driving in.

OP
OP
Benallen6

Benallen6

Base
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Eruption Green 2 Door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
In general.....
The exhaust may not be limiting the performance.
Adding a tune for more boost, fuel, and timing will increase performance. At that point a less restrictive exhaust may further improve performance.
If you want to go further, a bigger cam, bigger turbos and a bigger intercooler will produce more max hp (at high rpms) but will produce less hp at lower rpm's. It all depends on what rpm range you want the hp. Mods producing 'more hp' is often produced at higher rpm's which you won't notice in normal driving.
Maximizing torque/hp at lower rpm's should be your goal..... a good tune should get you there. If you're chasing hp gains, they'll usually be at a high rpm which you won't see in normal driving.
Look for gains in the rpm range you'll be driving in.
I've been looking into getting the FP tune. I wanted to upgrade my cold air intake and get a better intercooler like you suggested. Do you think that'll suffice to help increase the horsepower a decent amount alone? I really don't plan on getting bigger turbos or anything, I'm sure thatl'll be pretty expensive.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been looking into getting the FP tune. I wanted to upgrade my cold air intake and get a better intercooler like you suggested. Do you think that'll suffice to help increase the horsepower a decent amount alone? I really don't plan on getting bigger turbos or anything, I'm sure thatl'll be pretty expensive.
FP tune would probably be useless for turbos. But boomba intake spacer and throttle spacer, downpipes, cold air intake, intercooler, and exhaust are all good starters. And they play well with the FP tune.
Sponsored