TheDoctor

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer ST, Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did you stay at Horseshoe Bay, or pick a different location? Curious the drive time to the event if I were to stay in Austin to be able to easily experience more of the city.

Thanks!
Ruz
Sponsored

NewBroncoOwner

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Austin is too weird and full of hostile homeless drug addicts for me. I have stayed at Horseshoe bay for vacation and loved it. its worth every penny, compared to paying out of the nose just for parking in downtown.

cigartexan

First Edition
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 F100 SS - 2012 F-350 SD - 2021 4D Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Marble Falls/Horseshoe Bay area are soooo much nicer than Austin. If you play golf it's even better. Driving from Austin to the Venue could suck ass in the right traffic times too. I didn't have to stay because I live 45 southwest of the venue and was an easy drive. If you like the hipster/tree hugging/ultra left vibe, then by all means stay in Austin, you'll love it.

PotatoSalad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Austin is about an hour and a half from the Off-Roadeo location. It's doable just depending on how early you want to wake up. You could also stay on the West side of Austin and have a bit more of a straight shot.

We stayed at a friend's house in Spicewood which is about half way between Austin and Horseshoe Bay. The Colorado River runs right through that area so there are probably a good amount of AirBnB's on the lake that would put you right in the middle of Austin and Off-Roadeo.

Sponsored

Lexo52

Big Bend
First Name
Arlexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Austin's dope, don't know what's up with the people here. Guess they are just old lol But satying at marble falls is good idea you even take the challenge at hidden falls adventure park there! Super fun place

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Agree with @Lexo52 , there is alot in Austin to enjoy, but I guess it depends on your tastes and a few factors.

Now that the event is 1 day and not split between 2 days, you would need to get up pretty early to get from central Austin to the event (like @PotatoSalad said, about 1.5 hours). If that is in your wheelhouse to do, then by all means stay in Austin...there are a ton of options for you to stay at, and you can enjoy some of the downtown nightlife, Domain nightlife, and a lot of foodie options depending on your tastes.

If you prefer a lakeside resort to relax, then the facility at Horseshoe Bay is top notch and you get shuttle service to the event. This includes access to some great golfing if that is your thing. There are a few spots nearby like Bluebonnet Cafe in Marble Falls or Coopers BBQ in LLano that are local faves.

I live in one of the suburbs of Austin, so if you want more info just send me a message.

Last edited:

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you stay at Horseshoe Bay, or pick a different location? Curious the drive time to the event if I were to stay in Austin to be able to easily experience more of the city.

Thanks!
Ruz
We stayed Horseshoe Bay when we went while it was a little pricey, it was well worth the cost when you factor in the convenience factor of shuttle service. Plenty of stuff to do at the resort as well if you stayed a couple days.

KirchTX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Austin's dope, don't know what's up with the people here. Guess they are just old lol But satying at marble falls is good idea you even take the challenge at hidden falls adventure park there! Super fun place
Old people generally don’t go for cities in general I have found. If one enjoys restaurants, bars, live music, city scene, yeah visit and stay in Austin.

If you prefer peace and quiet stay in/around marble falls.

Can’t go wrong in my opinion.

Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Austin is too weird and full of hostile homeless drug addicts for me.
Way to weird. Not everybody is blessed to have normalcy like the Sip 'n Dip Lounge in their town!

RIP Piano Pat!

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for all the great responses. Sounds like it might be better to stay at Horseshoe Bay and head into Austin area if the desire to check it out arises, rather than the opposite.
If you have time I would absolutely explore Austin and the surrounding areas. Lots of good food, breweries/wineries/distilleries , and sites to visit!

Mvruggink41

Wildtrak
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting on Wildtrak Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thanks!
Ruz
It was quite a long drive Ruz, I flew in just before my "event" time and I had to have the uber driver take me right to base camp. I would reccommend to stay at the horseshoe it makes everything easier unless you want to put in the effort! I really had an amazing time there you will enjoy it!

M

Bd2008

Big Bend
First Name
rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7 dodge Ram Merc cls500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks!
Ruz
I went back in June last year (2nd day of event) - I live in the area just off 71 so am very familiar - Most stay at the box hotels in Marble - However you can stay in Austin - but there is NOW a lot of traffic heading out on 71 - where there was one light years ago between me and town there are now 13 - should take you about an hour from Austin to the 281 intersection - Not much to do in Marble (but I like that)
Sponsored