Sponsored

Question involving Squatch Takeoff Parts with some other thoughts to go along question

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I am in the process of thinking about getting a Non-Squatched Badlands with the idea of using takeoff Squatch Parts later. I don't know a lot about what parts I would need other than shocks and wheels. Has anyone researched what it would take to do such a swap? I already know that everyone is going to say, just order it with Squatch from factory. Unfortunately it would put me past my budget beyond where I am comfortable.

Other than gearing, what can of worms would I be opening if I went this route?

The order would be: 4 Door Badlands, Soft Top, Non-Sas, 2.7L, base interior. Really no frills off roader. I am not a fan of the interior and will eventually change out, but I like the capability of the Badlands.

I put Rubicon Springs on my dad's Willys that we ordered and then went up a size in tires to 285/70/17 KO2s and it completely changed the Willys into something a little more. The Willys runs the same shocks and brakes as the Rubicon and there is no differences in the control arms.

If I could order a Badlands with fabric seats and carpet, saving some money, I would have done that without hesitation. Black Diamond with SAS is about the same price as a non-SAS Badlands. Wildtrak with bash plates is out of reach.

*Different thoughts: I've thought about going Big Bend, or Base with SAS , but lose out on bash plates and the after market is way behind for making me feel comfortable about having such armor available. The Base is a great price, but lose out on a GOAT Mode, has a plastic steering wheel (which I'd replace), missing grab handles and non-tinted windows. Big Bend gives me an additional GOAT mode beyond the Base and I can upgrade to the Mid Package as budget allows.

So for those that have been around a bit and have seen some of these Broncos in action, what are your thoughts. I'm trying to stay in the $46-$47k range MAX or less, which I can with going thru Granger. My order has gone from a MY21 to a MY22, so now is the time to change. I truly do want to hear experiences, thoughts and if anyone has seen the takeoff parts and what I would need to take a stock Badlands and put takeoff Squatch parts on it.

Thank you
Sponsored

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you don't want high or lux packages, You can get a Black diamond sasquatch with mid for about 1k less than a badlands nonsquatch. Only thing you can't have is the sway bar disconnect. Aftermarket will provide a manual disconnect I am sure it will be less than 1k.

Copperhorse73

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 door Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think Base Sasquatch is the ultimate cheat code for pricing. I’ve been living with my 2 door base for a week or so now. The things I thought I’d be missing haven’t been an issue for me. Steering wheel is a non issue, and really none of the missing amenities are. The deal breakers for me would have been LED headlights and Apple CarPlay and the base has both. U can add the mod bumper and aux switches to it and have a fantastic build for so much less than other models.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Base Sas is the best buy no doubt, but a non Sas Badlands is the sweet spot for performance, if you can afford it. All that said, I went a different way.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m in the base+sas camp. GOAT mode not important to me. Tint and leather wrapped steering wheel is easy and cheap to do later. I’d add modular bumper with front bash plate and aux switches. B&P a 4 door 2.7 this way for under $44k. All the other ways I tried to price it out left me either wishing for something, or brought me around $50k.

yeah I thinks it’s nuts that I’ll have a plastic steering wheel and no blind spot monitoring on a $44k vehicle, but whatever. It has a specific purpose which doesn’t include commuting me to work every day
Sponsored