Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks for the advice and your experience, I really appreciate it.
Just curious when you put it in slippery mode does it leave the drive train in 2H or does it put you in 4H?
It puts you in 4H, but you can flip it back to 2H. I personally do not like slippery mode. It numbs the steering and throttle response to much for my tastes, basically to me made it more unpredictable.
Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As far as I know, there are a few things that the GOAT modes can do that you can't just do by yourself.

Affect the shift points on the Automatics
Adjust the sensitivity of the steering
Adjust the sensitivity of the accelerator
Activate the trail camera at higher speeds

Everything else they do is just pushing the hero buttons for you.

Lujess

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, 2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Echoing what a lot of others have said. We have a 2018 4 Runner (auto tranny) with a manual shifter to change between 2H/4H/4L. I just bought my new manual Badlands home this past Wednesday.

Driveway pic below from Wednesday

In the 4Runner in winter, we shift it into 4H pretty much daily when going up/down our 900 foot driveway (driveway is steep, dirt and usually snow on top in winter) and 2H once we reach pavement (unless in the midst or just after a snow storm with snow on pavement). We have Blizzaks on the 4Runner during winter

I used 4A in the first time up the driveway with the Badlands. Felt very solid. I tried 2H on the way up this morning and definitely had some wheel slip (drift mode on our S curves :cool: ).....but nothing horrible. The OEM Bridgestones seem to do pretty well.

I have not played with the GOAT modes yet.

Long story short, in your case, you will just have to be more "manual" in your approach like our 4Runner

Ford Bronco Question on Big Bend without 4A 2024013113075633--677679825894081570

OP
OP
lwilliams34

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

And more importantly - CONGRATS!
Thanks, I really appreciate it and all the input. I have come to the conclusion that everything will be ok and that 4H is there when I need it. I just need to drive the Bronco and get a feel for when I need to adjust. I do agree that sometimes the pre-set "modes" tend to numb things a bit, but once again I will test them all out at some point and make my own conclusions.