First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hi Everyone..I have a 10 year old son and 11 year old daughter. I think they‘re the perfect age to enjoy riding in a rugged vehicle with open air. I don’t know much about Broncos besides that they look cool. A few questions...
1) when I build and price, I get $52k for the vehicle...are these new Broncos really worth $50k or more? How well will they retain their value?
2) how rough will the ride be? Bouncy bouncy?
3) tire noise loud at 75 mph? Hear the radio with top on? top Off?
4) must have features?
5) going to feel top heavy? Risk of roll over?
6) going to be super durable? Not too much plastic? Way more reliable than a Jeep?

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can provide!
Sponsored

jxc

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord/CX-5/A5 Cab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1a) No
1b) 50% after 4 years
2a) Rough
2b) YeS, yEs!
3a) what did you say?
3b) What?
3c) What? I can't hear you!
4) XL blinker fluid resevior.
5a) Definitely
5b) Thats why they put grab handles all over the place.
6a) Yes
6b) Just the right amount of plastic.
6c) Given Jeep reliability - yes.

In short - buy one - the kids will love it!

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi Everyone..I have a 10 year old son and 11 year old daughter. I think they‘re the perfect age to enjoy riding in a rugged vehicle with open air. I don’t know much about Broncos besides that they look cool. A few questions...
1) when I build and price, I get $52k for the vehicle...are these new Broncos really worth $50k or more? How well will they retain their value?
4) must have features?
6) going to be super durable? Not too much plastic? Way more reliable than a Jeep?

It really depends what you want out of it. A 4-Door Bronco is obtainable for almost 20K less than that.

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome. :D

1) Subjective. Who knows, there isn't even a resale market yet...so who knows.
2) Suspension is tuned well for off road and many have commented on how smooth it is. Plenty of ride along videos out and first hand review of ride quality. Youtube it.
3) Videos I have seen doesn't seem too loud. Again there are a lot of ride along vids. Youtube it.
4) All of them.
5) Wouldn't think there would be any more risk than similar SUV's unless you have the roof rack loaded to the gills. Many have commented on the high speed driving of it to be very solid and planted in the corners.
6) See #1

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Get a 2-door and take out the rear seats. Leave the kids home with their mom. They ruin all the fun. Leave your dad mindset at home too.

Get an exhaust profile upgrade so that the noise is other people’s problems. Use the extra space in the back to add a boomin system. Drop the 50k and then get an additional lift and add 37s.

Pack up the Yetti, grab a hunting/fishing buddy and say adios to the nag and the brats for a few days.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4) must have features?

Before anyone gets on here and is salty towards you:
There is a ton of info in different sections of the forum about specs, opinions, comparisons, and answers to your questions in all forms.

My opinions:
1) depends on what you are looking for. A capable, tech-heavy off roader with some really cool, different styling (with a removable top and doors) is what it is. It is NOT a cushy, refined interior space, it is not super-quiet and refined (but is quite quiet for what it is). It is not a Family camper, 20' boat hauler. Worth is relative. I would look at what your expectations are for a vehicle, the price of said vehicle, and draw your conclusion. To me it is when compared to what else is out there with the capabilities this has.
2)Ride is very smooth for what it is. The independent suspension really does a great job on it. But it is not a Lexus. It is also not a Jeep.
3)not bad tire noise. Keep them rotated and go AT instead of MT unless you need/want to. Once MT tires cup (flat spot) is is all over for noise. Harder to hear the radio with the top off but not impossible.
4)BIG question. Again, it falls on your desires/wants/needs. Offroading? Creature comforts? Ford .com compare models and info on here helps a lot. A whole lot.
5)Not too bad. Our off-road experience in it was amazing. By nature it is a high CG vehicle, not a Ferrari. However, on that experience Shelby did everything she could to get it to be wild and it handled it very, very well.
6)As much as anything else these days. A Lot of thought and planning/engineering went into this thing. It will not be without flaws or issues. Nothing is. The more you take care of it the longer and "cushier" it will be and sound. Driving it like you are in a Monster Energy Commercial on rocks every weekend will surely take its toll.

I can tell you this:
Having a 10 and 11 yr old and having the capability to get them away from the world, from the noise, getting connected with them, having the ability to go to trails, national forests....the memories and investment there with them will be worth the vehicle and worth the concessions over getting a nice, refined, closed-cabin SUV a hundredfold.
IT has every chance to end up being the favorite vehicle in your memory, and theirs forever.
Good luck!

Bud2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Get a 2-door and take out the rear seats. Leave the kids home with their mom. They ruin all the fun. Leave your dad mindset at home too.

Get an exhaust profile upgrade so that the noise is other people’s problems. Use the extra space in the back to add a boomin system. Drop the 50k and then get an additional lift and add 37s.

Pack up the Yetti, grab a hunting/fishing buddy and say adios to the nag and the brats for a few days.
giphy.gif

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You can spend 40k all the way to maybe 65k. Up to you what you want/need and willing to pay for.

I don't think so. Independent front suspension, heavy truck...should be pretty smooth.

Depends on your tires...but rolling down all the windows on my Tundra is bloody noisy. I've been practicing. Yep, it's gonna get loud. Whatever. You won't hear the kids that way!! lol

4) must have features?

Depends on where you are and what you'll do.

No. They seem very stable, lots of meat down low.

I'm a Toyota guy for 3 decades. Will it be that good? I doubt it, but they're all better than they used to be. Better than a Jeep, I'd bet yes on that....I think Ford quality has been pretty good or I'd not jump for it.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Everyone should own a top off rugged ride once in their lifetime
If worried get a used jeep ,the bronco is an unknown factor.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4) must have features?

1) worth it or not, only you can decide that. Mine is just a tad under 60k, way more than I ever spent on a car and somewhat crazy, but I've always wanted a vehicle like this and the Wrangler costs the same but has more flaws I'd rather not buy for that much money. Resale is a who knows, I'd think it'll hold value well for at least the next couple of years.

2) don't know yet, but from all the videos and reports, the ride seems to be really nice, on and off road, not bouncy, but not like a sedan either. Maybe comparable a bit to the Ranger? Those that drive one of those and did a ride along can maybe chip in here.

3) doesn't seem too bad, with top off at 75 I'd expect to having to crank up the stereo quite a bit. I also don't plan to drive long distances at high speeds with the roof off/down. Doesn't seem like fun to me. But that might change once I have it :)

4) depends on how much you want to spend, I'm going fully loaded, but at the least I'd want the 12'' screen, so what ever package that first shows up in is what I'd get, plus the 360 cameras. Not a must have, but definitely a want to have for me.

5) similar to similar vehicles, test drive a Jeep and a larger SUV or slightly lifted truck. It will be more top heavy than a sedan, it potentially can roll over easier, but not really a concern to me.

6) lots of plastic, durability we'll know in a couple of years, but I expect it to hold up just fine

If you are into camping/hiking/outdoor rec and your kids are too, you'll have a blast with this kind of vehicle, but do read here, go see one if you can, soon enough dealers should get their test drive models in as well, so if you're not in a hurry, wait until then, maybe contact some local dealers, see if they have a wait list already.

To me it's an adventure, I've never had a car like this, nor have I been very adventurous outdoors, I hope to change that and the Bronco will give me the kick in the ass I need. If I find after a year or two that it's not my thing, I'll sell it and get something else. But I think I'm gonna have a blast and wish I'd have such a vehicle when my kids were smaller.

Good luck!

(and don't mind the "use the search function" and "buy a Prius" comments, LOL)

Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base

Don’t you know the moms fell the same way sometimes.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh shoo

Oh shoot thats about what im doing

OP
OP

Mothra

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Excellent feedback everyone...you’ve help me have a better appreciation of the vehicle and I certainly still want one. I especially enjoy the comments regarding the value in creating memories with the family. Much appreciated!

7.3ltr bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 f350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We have a 18 Rubicon and the kids have loved the open top since they were little would fall asleep in the back with doors and top off in there car seats. Will be no different in this for them but I could bet the ride is going to be better. As far as resale who knows. Reliability it's a first year who knows. Resale there's no others out there. But there are a ton of videos out there of guys testing them. Also you don't have to spend that much on a 4 door. But get what you want if you don't you will be disappointed right out of the dealer lot. If possible find someone with a 4 door jeep you know and borrow it for the weekend when's it's warm.
Sponsored