First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A really good body shop can work wonders. The trick is finding the best one - assuming it's fixable.

Years ago I broadsided a van that pulled out in front of me. The front end of my vehicle looked much worse than that. Airbags blew. I swore it would be totalled. Insurance decided to fix it. I thought it would never be the same. I was right. It was even better than before in terms of handling, nvh, etc
Sponsored

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I appreciate it. I need to find out the status of this one before I make any decisions.

if this is a total, I’ve actually had my eye on the Mustang Dark Horse… so we’ll just have to see.
Yeah I figured that you probably have some details to sort out.. dark horse mustang sure sounds like great choice! I don’t know where to find one of those lol. But if you end up in the market for another Braptor at some point I can pm you the deets.

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That sucks!

make sure to file diminished value claim if they fix it.. its going to bring less even if fixed perfect
Go to dr. Go to chiropractor. Get a lawyer and let him draw out as much of their premium as possible

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm guessing $25k for damages myself. As much as my wife wants this to be a total, I’m not sure it will be
Yea, due to it being a specialty vehicle it's going to take more to total since the book values are so high. My estimate is assuming parts are available and frame isn't damaged.

OP
OP
widnere12

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A really good body shop can work wonders. The trick is finding the best one - assuming it's fixable.

Years ago I broadsided a van that pulled out in front of me. The front end of my vehicle looked much worse than that. Airbags blew. I swore it would be totalled. Insurance decided to fix it. I thought it would never be the same. I was right. It was even better than before in terms of handling, nvh, etc
agreed. I’m actually letting the dealer fix this one. My local dealer has a great body shop that can work wonders and won’t dick around trying to cheap out.

Sponsored

Bee Bop

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 02 Mustang GT Vert, 91 S10
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@widnere12 good luck on a Dark Horse if you go that way. I have had my order in for one since April 7th and it will be sometime next year before I get it. They have paused building the handling pack for the winter. They will not start production backup for the HP until April. Of course, if you find one on the lot expect to pay an ADM. If you order you have the allocation Roulet to deal with, most dealers on have one and only one for 24.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yea, due to it being a specialty vehicle it's going to take more to total since the book values are so high. My estimate is assuming parts are available and frame isn't damaged.
They put new frames under trucks all the time. Even if it needs a frame, I don’t think it will total out. The big issue will be parts availability.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad no one was hurt...and sorry to see that. I find that more often than not people are driving around hoping that YOU will keep THEM out of a wreck.

Sucks man for sure...
so many people driving 5000 lb weapons and act like you need to move for them...

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had a Mustang that I did 15K in damage accidently rear ending an Expedition(I looked down for a split second and cut the wheel and clipped the Expedition with my passenger side front corner)

I had the car for 11 years with 120K miles on it and sold it to someone that looked it over with a fine tooth comb and never noticed it was in accident.

I had zero issues with that car.

Sponsored

g.alton68

Black Diamond
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ford F-350. 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, this happened today. Someone made a left-hand turn in front of me and didnt even see me (Not sure how, but thats a different issue.

Quite honestly, It could have been so much worse. I was one of those people that had waited with a day 1 reservation for 2.5 years until arrival, so although i'm nursing a sore wrist, overall, I count everyone lucky.

annnnd....5,4,3,2,1.... Cue up the comments about a Hard Top for sale... LOL

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.38 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-09-19 at 1.52.14 PM.png
Wow, another one. I just found stubbled across this one in Ventura County.

IMG_5923.jpeg

IMG_5926.jpeg

IMG_5925.jpeg

IMG_5924.jpeg

IMG_5927.jpeg

IMG_5928.jpeg

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They put new frames under trucks all the time. Even if it needs a frame, I don’t think it will total out. The big issue will be parts availability.
Right, we do it quite often anymore due to the materials and OE position statements. NB3Z-5005-J is the frame, Ford is showing two in stock in Detroit. Value priced at only $8,092.38!

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I appreciate it. I need to find out the status of this one before I make any decisions.

if this is a total, I’ve actually had my eye on the Mustang Dark Horse… so we’ll just have to see.
Stay away from that train wreck, you think the QA is bad on broncos...

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stay away from that train wreck, you think the QA is bad on broncos...
We do frames several times a year at the dealership I work at, it’s not a big deal. It looks hideous in process, but we don’t have any comebacks on those jobs.
Sponsored