Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep. Been torrential down pouring all week here and I have about a 25 min interstate drive to work every day. No issues but the wind noise gets pretty freaking loud if it’s storming and windy and your driving over a bridge. Quite a bit of water pools up on the top when parked too, but no leaks
‘do you ever find yourself heading toward Daytona? I’m looking to do similar after taking delivery next week. Been looking for other nearby owners I could get ideas from/see mods.

Can meet up someplace. Send a DM.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Figured I'd chime in here, discussions are still happening regarding a full soft top :cool: Still, nothing set in stone but talk is a good thing!

~Crystal@Bestop
www.bestop.com
That is good news. As you can see I’ve worked some magic and sold quite a few people on this rampage top. If you happen to need some promotional help, maybe I can work my magic on you guys too 😉

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 SuperCrew 22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos 71495347275__30283DB8-D60B-45D3-AF95-7BCD60C98022
Got my Rampage on today on the new whip. Was holding out to enjoy the new car smell a tad longer. One thing I have found is if you leave the top open and cinch down the back straps or helps with vib issues I was having. I have had it vib a little but not near what it was before.

Sponsored

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

installed mine this past weekend on my 2 door. Anybody else have an issue with the flip top flying up when flipped back at highway speeds? I was doing 70+ when a gust of wind came and the top started bouncing up/down uncontrollably.
I've only had the top flip up once at highway speeds when it wasn't latched properly.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos ram

So I've just had a summer with this top and I have learned the following about it:

1. It's all about total wind speed. <55 mph is best, really similar interior noise to other vehicles. >55 and <68 is bearable for about 2 hours. >68 mph and you get into some rippling vibration on the top, mostly due to cross-winds.

2. If you have the need to go somewhere longer than 2 hours away and at highway speeds you can mitigate some of the noise by doing the following:

a. Drafting another big vehicle whose profile is larger than the bronco (obv not dump trucks or semis)
b. Crack open the windows slightly. The cross winds are what wreak havoc with the vibrations. This gets you a consistent louder noise as opposed to vibrations.
c. Wear noise cancellation devices. (except driver)

This has been a great top and I highly recommend it for local drives. Being able to flip up or down the top at a stop light is convenient. Open air is the way to go, but we have pop-up thunderstorms which make life inconvenient for removing and storing the hard top. The safari look is also cool and fun.

Wark

Base
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The two Velcro straps that is on the back of the flip top. If they are attached it vibrates like hell, if I unstrap them it quits.

I did not attach that strap with the grommets. I will do that in the future.

Ford Bronco Rampage TrailView Fastback Soft Top for 2 door Bronco -- installed first impressions & photos ram
Wow, I didn't know this. How fast have you gone on the road with the velcro off?

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

@Wark 85ish to test. I have found if you open the top and then tighten it in the back it has helped. I was tightening with the top closed and don’t think it was allowing me to get it as tight as needed. Still jacking with it to see if I can get it better.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

85ish to test. I have found if you open the top and then tighten it in the back it has helped. I was tightening with the top closed and don’t think it was allowing me to get it as tight as needed. Still jacking with it to see if I can get it better.
That’s good to know

Sponsored
OP
OP
Broncobro04

Broncobro04

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reading the install manual that’s what I take away from it. It shows it open until the last few slides.
Sometimes at highway speeds (~80mph) I get some howling almost. Kind of right above the visors.I wonder if this would fix it

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sometimes at highway speeds (~80mph) I get some howling almost. Kind of right above the visors.I wonder if this would fix it
Mine was real bad when I got above 65. I have had it off a vehicle for a little bit but just put it back on. I noticed when I was running in safari and I opened the top it was all kinds of loose in the back, so I figured I would open and get it tight and then try, I have to pull it down to close it now, which is also mentioned in the instructions. I really like this top and want to get it figured out. I would assume that I would have the running into the garage door issue at some point if I had the bestop version.

I was going to try and call Rampage, but have had no luck to find a contact number.

rustedgoat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Base
So I finally got around to installing the top yesterday. The delivery time was very quick (3 days) from CJPony.

Thanks to the contributors to this thread, things was done right the first time. Tightened the straps up this morning and tops nice and tight. I'll post an update after a few days and rain to see if any issues arise, I'm thinking the 2 doors don't have some of the issues the 4 doors have due to the length of the top.

Now when I want that open air feeling (my #1 reason for buying a Bronco) I don't have to juggling with the panels or decide if I want to store them in the back or take the chance on the weather if I need the back seats.

Printed instructions are very difficult to follow, better off using video posted earlier
https://havocoffroad.com/p/rampage-trailview-soft-top/v/ford/bronco/2023/?mod=install
thank you Havoc for making it.

IMG_0629 (1).jpg

STX Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well I made a 500 mile trip this weekend with my Rampage. I am convinced @Wark is right, over 2 hrs is a bit much. I had to unstrap the overhead about an hour in, and just rolled with it. It was pretty loud over 60 mph. The crappy part is we hit a big gust of wind about 10 miles from the house and top actually popped up. I am going to have to take it off and see if the latches bent or what exactly happened. It’s not holding snug on the front anymore. I have to hand it to my wife, she was a trooper and didn’t complain about it once, even when I was pissed at it.

FIREGROUNDIMAGES

Wildtrak
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 HUMMER H3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just got back from a round trip totalling 3.5 hours with the top flapped back and both front windows down in my 2 door. All 3 rear windows were in place because we parked in a country fair parking lot all day and I usually close it back up for security, etc. Then flap it back for the ride home. Great summer ride.
Sponsored