Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I spent the last hour or so trying to find an answer to my question and cant seem to find it. I blew the rear speakers in the Raptor out and im debating if i get them aftermarket replaced or just warranty claim them. Obviously i blew them out and they are not great sounding to begin with. I have the B&O system and my question is, how big are the rear speakers? is there a bigger size i can go without fitment problems, and what are the best systems for crisp sound and deep bass. Thanks all!
Sponsored

'18 M2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If it were up to me, I wouldn’t replace the factory system because working or not, it belongs in the trash.

raptorusmaximus

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I would reccomend letting ford warrenty replace them and if they still don't meet your expectations replace them with something better. I replaced mine with a $35 set of 10 cm flush mount kenwoods and they sound sooo much better. Even at $35 the kenwoods are a much highter quality speaker, the b&o is amazingly cheap junk especially on such an expensive vehicle......

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rear speakers are just 4inch. You should replace with 6.5 speaker pods from MTI Acoustics. Almost any 6.5 speaker you go with will sound better than the stock 4inchers. Just warranty it if you can so you have the stock equipment in case you sell later.

Sponsored

ilostmydrink

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Abramsman1 , I forgot to mention earlier that the rear speakers in the B&O system have a 300 Hz DSP cutoff; you'll never be able to achieve bass out of those without completely disabling the DSP.

EquusBronsis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Porsche Macan GTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you blew the rear speakers because you were driving them to hard, Ford would probably not replace. The rears in the B&O system as well as the center speaker are the same as the basic system. Rear speakers are intended to give a ambient sound for the surround sound dsp, not be the main focus. If you and others intend on listening with the focus to the rear you should upgrade the rears. I'll know who you all are when I see somebody with their backs to the band at the next concert.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Rear speakers are just 4inch. You should replace with 6.5 speaker pods from MTI Acoustics. Almost any 6.5 speaker you go with will sound better than the stock 4inchers. Just warranty it if you can so you have the stock equipment in case you sell later.
Says on their website doesn't fit Raptor

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@Abramsman1 , I forgot to mention earlier that the rear speakers in the B&O system have a 300 Hz DSP cutoff; you'll never be able to achieve bass out of those without completely disabling the DSP.
Is that via a bass blocker on the speaker? I had always read on here that the rears in B&O were getting full range already and that the Forscan fix for non-b&o wouldn't change anything.

Sponsored

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just replaced mine with JL C2's.

C2 650's in MTI pods in the rear.
C2 650's in the kicker
C2 400's in the das corners.

Mobridge Bronco DSP/AMP

I haven't replaced the center or Sub. AMP is too powerful and I'll replace them soon.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I just replaced mine with JL C2's.

C2 650's in MTI pods in the rear.
C2 650's in the kicker
C2 400's in the das corners.

Mobridge Bronco DSP/AMP

I haven't replaced the center or Sub. AMP is too powerful and I'll replace them soon.
where did you locate the amp?

RowsKing

Raptor
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BRaptor, 66 Stang
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

where did you locate the amp?
The factory amp is by the sub inside that rear panel.
Edit- That MoBridge amp is a factory fit. It goes where the old cheap factory amp is.
Sponsored