First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why are you willing to pay 10% more than something is worth? Just curious!!
The key here is the definition of ‘Worth’ as value doesn’t necessarily equal MSRP. Dealers are pushing a view that these are ‘worth’ $30K+ over MSRP which is why there are so many sitting on lots waiting to be sold. My position is that a majority of these would sell at that 5-10% over MSRP…meaning they are ‘worth’ that amount.
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The key here is the definition of ‘Worth’ as value doesn’t necessarily equal MSRP. Dealers are pushing a view that these are ‘worth’ $30K+ over MSRP which is why there are so many sitting on lots waiting to be sold. My position is that a majority of these would sell at that 5-10% over MSRP…meaning they are ‘worth’ that amount.
They are worth MSRP. Because a dealer wants to make more doesn't mean they're worth more. So if I told you my house is worth 30% more, folks would pay that? I have a hard time understanding the economics of folks. I guess that's why most of this country lives pay check to pay check.

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Go look for a 911 Targa. You will only pay MSRP if you’re willing to wait 3 plus years to get one. That’s fine if you have the time, but if you have the money it’s immediate gratification. Also they are worth more than MSRP on the used car market. It’s a choice, maybe not yours but it is a choice. Just because someone makes it their choice doesn’t make it wrong, especially if they plan on owning it as a forever vehicle. FYI KBB has a raptor used price at about 25K over MSRP today. Don’t hate the player because he can crush it, hate the game.
Didn't say it was wrong. Just asking. Your example of a Targa is apple to oranges. Broncos are not going to hold that value. We have already started to see that.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They are worth MSRP. Because a dealer wants to make more doesn't mean they're worth more. So if I told you my house is worth 30% more, folks would pay that? I have a hard time understanding the economics of folks. I guess that's why most of this country lives pay check to pay check.
I think you’re missing the point here: ‘worth’ is what the general public is willing to pay, not what the dealer is suggesting. Dealers are asking $30K+ over MSRP…which isn’t ‘worth’ it to me, you or most others. Conversely there are a lot of people that are willing to pay $5-10K over MSRP, therefore a Raptor is ‘worth’ that much if there are enough people to purchase at that price.

’Worth’ and ‘Value’ are completely dictated by Supply and Demand. In my eyes Supply/Demand for the Raptor equates to that $5-10K markup. I’m not saying that I want to pay that much, but willing to do so.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I had a dealer come down $25k on a Raptor. Just signed the papers today. Now I have to wait for it to ship to me! I spent a week scouring dealers to find one that was reasonable pricing. I all but wrote this one off after hearing the price. A few days later he reached back out and asked what it would take to make a deal!
So was the sticker and what was the actual sale price?

Sponsored
OP
OP
ORbronco

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think you’re missing the point here: ‘worth’ is what the general public is willing to pay, not what the dealer is suggesting. Dealers are asking $30K+ over MSRP…which isn’t ‘worth’ it to me, you or most others. Conversely there are a lot of people that are willing to pay $5-10K over MSRP, therefore a Raptor is ‘worth’ that much if there are enough people to purchase at that price.

’Worth’ and ‘Value’ are completely dictated by Supply and Demand. In my eyes Supply/Demand for the Raptor equates to that $5-10K markup. I’m not saying that I want to pay that much, but willing to do so.
For 1966, three Bronco body configurations were offered, including a two-door wagon, a half-cab pickup, and an open-body roadster. With a base price of $2,194 ($20,055 in 2022 dollars), good luck buying any gen 1 under $40k.

I’m not sure what year this one is or sticker. If it’s a 2022 at $78K MSRP at $25k ADM your looking at $103k now. This same vehicle in 2023 model is up I think $5,600. I agree the market right now appears to be softening if you watch bring a trailer these we’re selling all day at $120K+. Now I’ve seen one go as low as $99K the market seems to be running about 100 to 110 on there currently. So if this one is at 103’sh it’s not a bad price compared to current auctions. BAT is a pretty good indicator of current market values.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For 1966, three Bronco body configurations were offered, including a two-door wagon, a half-cab pickup, and an open-body roadster. With a base price of $2,194 ($20,055 in 2022 dollars), good luck buying any gen 1 under $40k.

I’m not sure what year this one is or sticker. If it’s a 2022 at $78K MSRP at $25k ADM your looking at $103k now. This same vehicle in 2023 model is up I think $5,600. I agree the market right now appears to be softening if you watch bring a trailer these we’re selling all day at $120K+. Now I’ve seen one go as low as $99K the market seems to be running about 100 to 110 on there currently. So if this one is at 103’sh it’s not a bad price compared to current auctions. BAT is a pretty good indicator of current market values.
Enjoy your raptor, not sure why you posted in the first place. Did you expect open arms with peace and love?

No one on the forum wants anyone to pay ADM period. While I can’t speak for anyone but myself I am confident I right.

Happy holidays!

OP
OP
ORbronco

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A week ago I saw a Jeep Rubicon 392 in my area for sale and they were asking $20K ADM $100,050. It’s no longer for sale.

OP
OP
ORbronco

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Enjoy your raptor, not sure why you posted in the first place. Did you expect open arms with peace and love?

No one on the forum wants anyone to pay ADM period. While I can’t speak for anyone but myself I am confident I right.

Happy holidays!
I don’t like it either it’s just where the market is.

Merry Christmas to you too

Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I for one do not believe in paying an ADM. Never have, and never will. I was fortunate, and my local dealer sold me mine for MSRP.

I do understand why there is an ADM, there is a very short supply. Had there been an ADM on mine, I would have been fine with a Badlands.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I for one do not believe in paying an ADM. Never have, and never will. I was fortunate, and my local dealer sold me mine for MSRP.

I do understand why there is an ADM, there is a very short supply. Had there been an ADM on mine, I would have been fine with a Badlands.
Same here, however ADM has been around for many years. Now we are seeing it applied to most any stock vehicle. Back in the day pre 2020 it was just low production with high collector interest having ADM. I’m sure eventually we will only very low production models having ADM still, but not the majority. I believe the Raptor will still carry ADM just at lower percentages.

This is outside of placing orders, those are treated differently.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The originally quoted me $128k. Sticker was $78k. They came down to $102k.
Thats more in line because the dealer to dealer auction prices were around 105k about two weeks ago. its still 25k ADM range. I think the current perception from the outside looking in buyers pool is hovering at 100k and they will move at 95k all day long at the moment for sure. This happens all the time, dealers just let them sit in the showroom to draw customers then just sell them whenever until the next new thing is out there.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No difference then the folks who scrapped the hard top on their orders so they could take an earlier delivery, and are now looking into spending around $7000 for an aftermarket hard top. Personally, I had never paid sticker on my Fords throughout my life. I actually had the dealer agree to charge one dollar less then sticker so I would be able to still make that claim. LOL. The reality is, those who have the disposable funds have no issue paying more to be first. Financially comfortable folks like me would never entertain the idea of paying over sticker. BTW, the on line used car dealers are full of impulse bought vehicles.

Tapatio55

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What something is "worth" has nothing to do with MSRP it has to do with "market" or actual pricing. Just because a dealer will sell you a rare vehicle at MSRP doesn't mean it's "worth" MSRP. A Porsche 911 R is not "worth" MSRP it's worth 3-4x MSRP. There are 2 ways to determine value in a free market economy. 1. Actual sales (indisputable evidence of value but, can be old data) and 2. The range of the "bid" (what buyers will pay) and the "offer" ( what sellers will sell for).
Right now the market is moving down, so the actual auction sales are old data but still important. So when prices are moving, it's better to look at the bid and offer instead. Seems like the real "bidside" is about 10k over MSRP and the real "offerside" is about 25k over MSRP. The current "worth" is somewhere in that range. If you pay on the "bidside" it's probably a good deal for the buyer. If you pay on the "offerside" it's probably a good deal for the seller. The fair price is probably right in the middle. BUT don't forget the bid-offer today is not necessarily the bid-offer tomorrow. If the market continues to go down buying on the current bid might end up being a bad price for the buyer and a great sale for the seller and so on and so on.
Sponsored