Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone looking for a new Raptor my salesman has one coming soon.
Jake Jordan
Dick Hannah Ford
37000 Highway 26
Sandy, OR 97055
(503) 668-5511
https://www.dickhannahford.com
Sponsored

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Been looking but every dealer keep holding a $30K+ ADM and claiming 'Market Value' even though these vehicles have been sitting there for weeks...a few are starting to work on pricing before end of year but still not moving enough.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They're holding out for that one guy that will fall for the 'Market Value' and stating the 1st Year will be a collector car. I read '1st Year Model' as 'Recall/Repair Regular'.

$120K for a Raptor is 2x the price of a LOADED Badlands, Outer Banks or Wildtrak (my order). I'm willing to pay 10% ADM on one of these, but not 30-50%.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're holding out for that one guy that will fall for the 'Market Value' and stating the 1st Year will be a collector car. I read '1st Year Model' as 'Recall/Repair Regular'.

$120K for a Raptor is 2x the price of a LOADED Badlands, Outer Banks or Wildtrak (my order). I'm willing to pay 10% ADM on one of these, but not 30-50%.
Same here.
It sucks that there will be someone that can/will pay the insane markup which craps on the guy that'll 'splurge' the 10-15% up charge....

Sponsored

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The fact you are willing to pay any ADM at all is part of the reason you can’t find one. Because there’s always the guy willing to pay just a bit more adm than you, and someone else willing to pay a bit more than him, etc. Up until the point we are now.

Raptors are currently experiencing a bit of “sticky pricing”. Prices will eventually fall but is just lagging behind based on various factors. Just depends on how long you are willing to wait on it.

DallasCajun

Raptor
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The fact you are willing to pay any ADM at all is part of the reason you can’t find one. Because there’s always the guy willing to pay just a bit more adm than you, and someone else willing to pay a bit more than him, etc. Up until the point we are now.
You're not wrong but I think there's a major difference between a 'marginal' markup based on high demand of any product as opposed to 'insane' markups such as the $35K+ that we're seeing dealers attempt to grab. For me, it's worth a 5-10% markup as I think the Raptor will hold near that value over the 4-5 years but all these folks paying $110+ will have major regrets when they try to unload them in a year or two (unless they have $$$ burning holes in their pockets).

There's also that careful balance theses dealers have to work with. Do they make additional $10K now or do they hold on for another 2- 3 months hoping they find that one sap willing to pay additional $20K all the while dealing with inventory-related expenses. The faster they sell one now the better chance they have of increased allocations moving forward.

I highly suspect I won't end up finding a suitable deal before my Wildtrak is delivered (est Q1) but will be paying close attention to inventory and pricing. Severl dealers that I spoke with over a month ago keep calling me back week after week trying to sell a Raptor that's been sitting there. They could have sold it for $X some time ago...the fact that it's still sitting validates that these 'Market Values' are complete BS.

350vudu

Raptor
First Name
350vudu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2019 Ducati V4S Corse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

You're not wrong but I think there's a major difference between a 'marginal' markup based on high demand of any product as opposed to 'insane' markups such as the $35K+ that we're seeing dealers attempt to grab. For me, it's worth a 5-10% markup as I think the Raptor will hold near that value over the 4-5 years but all these folks paying $110+ will have major regrets when they try to unload them in a year or two (unless they have $$$ burning holes in their pockets).

There's also that careful balance theses dealers have to work with. Do they make additional $10K now or do they hold on for another 2- 3 months hoping they find that one sap willing to pay additional $20K all the while dealing with inventory-related expenses. The faster they sell one now the better chance they have of increased allocations moving forward.

I highly suspect I won't end up finding a suitable deal before my Wildtrak is delivered (est Q1) but will be paying close attention to inventory and pricing. Severl dealers that I spoke with over a month ago keep calling me back week after week trying to sell a Raptor that's been sitting there. They could have sold it for $X some time ago...the fact that it's still sitting validates that these 'Market Values' are complete BS.
I understand what you are saying. My Raptor allocation fell into my lap at MSRP otherwise I would be keeping my Badsquatch.

I refuse to pay over MSRP because I don’t believe it’s a smart choice to do so. A 10% markup is insane to some people out there but you find it reasonable. Just as you find the 30-50% markup that others have paid insane. I do believe the insane markups have run their course as the ones willing to pay it have already done so. The dealers just haven’t caught on to that en masse yet.

I personally believe that Ford headquarters should raffle the allocations for specialty vehicles directly to consumers through their site and then force dealers to sign purchase agreements on price before the customers allocation can be moved to that dealership so there are no surprises. Both parties have already come to an agreement. This would also shift the power into consumers hands as dealerships not willing to sign beforehand will just miss out.

Seems the only people who would be against the raffle would just be those with F U money as it levels the field on who can actually purchase. I mean that is if Ford actually does care about customers purchasing these vehicles at MSRP. I don’t think they do lol.

Last edited:

Sponsored

prov1ml23

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F150 Limited : 2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I had a dealer come down $25k on a Raptor. Just signed the papers today. Now I have to wait for it to ship to me! I spent a week scouring dealers to find one that was reasonable pricing. I all but wrote this one off after hearing the price. A few days later he reached back out and asked what it would take to make a deal!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you willing to pay 10% more than something is worth? Just curious!!

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the guy from bright light nation wants to pay well over MSRP for another Raptor. Try calling him!!

OP
OP
ORbronco

ORbronco

Raptor
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 Bronco, 22 Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Go look for a 911 Targa. You will only pay MSRP if you’re willing to wait 3 plus years to get one. That’s fine if you have the time, but if you have the money it’s immediate gratification. Also they are worth more than MSRP on the used car market. It’s a choice, maybe not yours but it is a choice. Just because someone makes it their choice doesn’t make it wrong, especially if they plan on owning it as a forever vehicle. FYI KBB has a raptor used price at about 25K over MSRP today. Don’t hate the player because he can crush it, hate the game.

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why are you willing to pay 10% more than something is worth? Just curious!!
I can tell you why I would pay 10% over msrp on a Raptor. Its simple I want one. Plan on going full rock crawler on my current Badlands and would like a high speed option.
Sponsored