NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So I got the golden ticket to purchase the Raptor but when I touched base with my dealer, they really didn't know what I was talking about. I forwarded the emails and, according them the dealer, they said "Ford is sending these out and shouldn't be". They said no one will be able to order a Raptor for at least another year.
They said I'm the only person who has contacted them about the ability to order the Raptor. I tried to call Ford but couldn't get thru. I don't want to get screwed and loose out on the Raptor because this dealer doesn't know what's up.
Should I switch to another dealer now or wait till the email comes out to go ahead and place order and see what they say? Any advice would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d get with Ford ASAP. Don’t wait. Also, maybe call other dealerships around you and get their input.

drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m unsure of the terms regarding the Raptor offers but I would definitely be lining up another dealer to at least get momentum going. Somebody is going to want that sale, unfortunately your dealership doesn’t seem to want to even attempt to work for it.

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Of course you were the only one to contact them. You were probably the only one chosen at that dealership

Sponsored
OP
OP
NJBronco

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Sounds like you need to speak with the GM of the dealer. I’m not sure if this is the case for you but most salesmen are awful.
Thanks. Yes, I think that's a good suggestion. Was also paying MSRP for my original build. If I stay with this dealer, don't want any surprises.

OP
OP
NJBronco

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Of course you were the only one to contact them. You were probably the only one chosen at that dealership
It's a small dealership, so very possible. thx.

OP
OP
NJBronco

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m unsure of the terms regarding the Raptor offers but I would definitely be lining up another dealer to at least get momentum going. Somebody is going to want that sale, unfortunately your dealership doesn’t seem to want to even attempt to work for it.
Agree. Thank you.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Sponsored

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I got the golden ticket to purchase the Raptor but when I touched base with my dealer, they really didn't know what I was talking about. I forwarded the emails and, according them the dealer, they said "Ford is sending these out and shouldn't be". They said no one will be able to order a Raptor for at least another year.
They said I'm the only person who has contacted them about the ability to order the Raptor. I tried to call Ford but couldn't get thru. I don't want to get screwed and loose out on the Raptor because this dealer doesn't know what's up.
Should I switch to another dealer now or wait till the email comes out to go ahead and place order and see what they say? Any advice would be appreciated.
I would say that confused is an understatement lol! Good advice was given in the previous posts. Definitely, get a dialogue going with customer service. so you have a record of this situation.

OP
OP
NJBronco

NJBronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado Bison
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Follow this thread...Dealership in SF is trying to figure all this out for us.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/serramonte-ford-bronco-raptors.35011/page-5#post-1227092

As far as I can tell not a soul actually knows anything at this point in regards to switching dealers, whether dealer can/will charge ADM, if your chosen dealer does charge ADM if you can even switch dealers or you’re just F’d.
I actually got thru to Ford prior to getting the confirmation just to ask basically what happens if the dealer now wants to charge above MSRP for the Raptor. they said, while they don't like it, they will be able to switch to another dealer. Of course, that's just some CSR.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I actually got thru to Ford prior to getting the confirmation just to ask basically what happens if the dealer now wants to charge above MSRP for the Raptor. they said, while they don't like it, they will be able to switch to another dealer. Of course, that's just some CSR.
I’ve called 4 now, no 5 dealers to ask about switching and the sales person tells me they need to talk to GM and they’ll call back, yet to get a call back. Doing what your doing, just want to have a back-up plan. My dealer doesn’t seem to want to talk about pricing etc.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Chapman?

Thanks. Yes, I think that's a good suggestion. Was also paying MSRP for my original build. If I stay with this dealer, don't want any surprises.

Laserdoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram dually
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve called 4 now, no 5 dealers to ask about switching and the sales person tells me they need to talk to GM and they’ll call back, yet to get a call back. Doing what your doing, just want to have a back-up plan. My dealer doesn’t seem to want to talk about pricing etc.
I wouldn't be surprised if Ford is still working on the protocol to handle this type of situation. Several of the dealership reps that are on the forum are still waiting to here back from the Zone reps to get a definitive answer. If there was a solid plan in place, I don't think it would be taking this long to get a response.
Sponsored

Last edited: