Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having seen a Bronco with portals on 38's, ya, I would rather go that route than the fat booty BRaptor.
I think with the portals, 38's are the max before you'd need to work on room in the fenders (I just don't think I can get 'em in my garage in that setup). They sound crazy expensive, yet they're so awesome and do a lot for that amount.

I'd personally rather build the above (and add a sway bar disconnect if needed) if I really cared about having a Bronco Raptor. At least I wouldn't need to install my own HOSS 3.0 rack, and I could have my 2dr. And of course all the other WT goodies.
Sponsored

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is a facebook page called "no mark up fords" and every once in a while a no ADM 23 comes up, but it's always a newer build one in the mid 90s. A brand new 23 F-150 Raptor sold for 3k under MSRP today. Also, there a buy/sell Bronco Raptor page, same thing with random MSRPs. A dealership in that group posted two 23 allocations (Oct-Nov build) for grabs last night at MSRP. There are a decent number of dealerships selling 24 orders at MSRP now because Ford has taken away the bulk of their ADM market and because the 24 model is slightly more expensive but comes with optional painted fenders (they made the high/lux as non-optional, eating the majority of new price). The 22k increase between 22 and 24 by Ford was a direct reaction to the significant price gouging on the vehicle. Just be prepared to wait, like all Ford Performance vehicles and branding, they limit their production to increase and maintain value.

RAR13

Raptor
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco/Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Some dealers near me are charging ADM of 40k for Raptor’s just sitting on lot. When I custom ordered my WT I had to agree to a 10k ADM to guarantee my order, however, I got them down to 3k at final signing 🤷🏼
When did you order/sign? The last 3 months have been overloaded with Wildtraks at MSRP, albeit the 23 price increase on stock units. Dealerships are begging custmers to come place Wildtrak orders, and Ford posted their weekly assignment last night with priority needed for Wildtraks and a few others.

Last edited:

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I've seen at least 2 if not 3 be posted up on Facebook in the past month at just sticker price. They're rare and go fast, but they are out there. Most are still at the $10k over sticker though.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Total: $88,100

Raptor base: $91,730
Seems like you left off the wide body kit. The only nice one is a bit under $10k without install and paint. You're well over Raptor pricing then. That's not to mention the suspension and chassis are nowhere close to Raptor.

To each their own on their modding decisions/journey.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems like you left off the wide body kit. The only nice one is a bit under $10k without install and paint. You're well over Raptor pricing then. That's not to mention the suspension and chassis are nowhere close to Raptor.

To each their own on their modding decisions/journey.
I said and/or. Portals with stock rims are 7” wider, just not the wider body. Since there is no 2dr…

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Stopped by the dealership where we ordered my wife's Badlands Sasquatch in 2021 to schedule a service appointment. Out of curiosity, I checked with one of the salesmen about the potential of ordering a Raptor. I had no idea that dealerships only get a certain amount of allocations.

Evidently, my dealership has exactly one allocation left for the current order bank...and the price for this is an additional dealer markup of $25,000.

I would like a Raptor, but this ADM is ridiculous. I would also like to order it the way I want it...but there is no way I am going to fork over that kind of money for the pleasure of buying a Raptor.

I am also considering buying another Badlands Sasquatch instead, taking the money I saved, and building a Bronco that does what a Raptor can do (minus the 3.0L motor).

Anyway...if anyone knows of a dealership that is willing to do an order and hold to MSRP, I'm interested.

Thanks in advance!
I would never pay Ford 5k extra for SAS on a Badlands. You’re not getting anything extra, just different size tires, rims, final gear, shocks.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your one upside to the braptor purchase is that those with the discretionary income and credit score are failrly rare. And most of them bought when the braptor was NEw! NEW! NEW! So a smaller pool of buyers for lot braptors. They won’t sit on them forever, and if you’re ready to pull the trigger on one, then walk into whichever dealership has the one you want and negotiate. Your one of the few folks that CAN make the purchase, one of the even fewer that WANT to make the purchase ( I would finance for until you get the perm plates, the. Pay off if within your means, dealer makes points on finance). And one of the fewest willing to accept current loan rates even with tier 1+ credit.

it makes a nice display model. But it’s sitting on their floor plan unsold.

OP
OP
Wings2Wheels

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch; 737
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really want to build up to a Raptor-like standard Bronco, go WildTrak, get a wide body kit and/or 74Weld Bronco Portals (which make you wider), upgrade to 37's and get the ProCal tune. For less than a Raptor, if you get a WT at MSRP, you'd have a pretty great ride. Note, even better if you want to impersonate a 2dr Raptor.

In case you're wondering about my math:

2024 2dr WildTrak w/Lux: $64,850
74Weld Bronco Portals: $20,000
Mickey Thompson 37" Baja Bosses (5): $2200 (ballpark, same rims)
ProCal Tune (dealer installed): $1050

Total: $88,100

Raptor base: $91,730

That, my friends, is a Poor Man's 2dr Raptor.

I've been seriously considering doing something exactly along these lines. I would probably go with a Badlands, the above modifications, plus the 74Weld steering rack, some reinforced tie rods, etc.

Just did the ProCal tune to the wife's Bronco and cannot believe the difference in engine and trans performance...wonder why Ford didn't deliver them from the factory that way.

For what I want to do, I'd probably go 4dr vs 2 dr...but I am still heavily leaning on building out a vehicle to my own specs vs. buying a Raptor that will do what I want...but at a price that is, quite honestly, quite ridiculous right now.

OP
OP
Wings2Wheels

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would never pay Ford 5k extra for SAS on a Badlands. You’re not getting anything extra, just different size tires, rims, final gear, shocks.
For my wife's vehicle it was worth it. The 5k gave her the suspension height, shocks, wheels, tires, and gearing she wanted. I could have ordered a straight Badlands and modified it to our liking...but for the amount of money, time and effort, having it all come from the factory that way worked.

My Bronco will be built for a bit more....extreme operations. A Raptor or Badlands built out (w/o SAS) is what I'll be looking at.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been seriously considering doing something exactly along these lines. I would probably go with a Badlands, the above modifications, plus the 74Weld steering rack, some reinforced tie rods, etc.

Just did the ProCal tune to the wife's Bronco and cannot believe the difference in engine and trans performance...wonder why Ford didn't deliver them from the factory that way.

For what I want to do, I'd probably go 4dr vs 2 dr...but I am still heavily leaning on building out a vehicle to my own specs vs. buying a Raptor that will do what I want...but at a price that is, quite honestly, quite ridiculous right now.
Would love to see a thread about if you do!

OP
OP
Wings2Wheels

Wings2Wheels

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your one upside to the braptor purchase is that those with the discretionary income and credit score are failrly rare. And most of them bought when the braptor was NEw! NEW! NEW! So a smaller pool of buyers for lot braptors. They won’t sit on them forever, and if you’re ready to pull the trigger on one, then walk into whichever dealership has the one you want and negotiate. Your one of the few folks that CAN make the purchase, one of the even fewer that WANT to make the purchase ( I would finance for until you get the perm plates, the. Pay off if within your means, dealer makes points on finance). And one of the fewest willing to accept current loan rates even with tier 1+ credit.

it makes a nice display model. But it’s sitting on their floor plan unsold.

I'll be 49 next month and I'd say it's about time I reached the point where I have the money to do what I want. I've spent the last 30 years in my chosen career field, both military and civilian, working to the point where I can actually do this. Should have a nice retro check (minus nearly 50% - thanks Uncle Sugar) late this year/early next that will allow either a Raptor purchase or the purchase of a Badlands or Wildtrak and associated modifications as I please.

I wish I could have had this vehicle in 1992 when I first started four wheeling, but instead had an '86 Ford F-150 that damn near every piece you could imagine broke...a lot due to operator error and just sending it. One thing that vehicle taught me was how to fix stuff on your own with limited tools and minimal talent...which paid off large dividends for the rest of my life.
Sponsored