First Name
Scottie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 Bronco, 1979 F250 Ranger Lariat, 1980 CJ5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top is really my only complaint of the whole vehicle. Lots of wind noise from seam between front two panels. Reseated several times, no improvement. Wish they had made it one panel like over rear seat. Friend of mine has a Jeep. When he drove it he said it drove way better than his Jeep but top was louder.
Sponsored

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Makes me feel better about ordering a soft top and waiting. Sorry for everyone that has been the guinea pig. Appreciate the feedback though.
Could be worse, but definitely looking forward to the modular top once it's available.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For all those who have received the 2.0 MIC top, are you satisfied with the quality? Those of us awaiting delivery are curious. Thanks
0 problems so far (12/14 to 12/27). Have been taking the 'Freedom Panels' off a lot. Took the whole top off once.

Torrential down pour (Florida rain) - 0 leaks. There is wind noise but no draft. I did not get the carpet stuck to it - I think Ford calls it sound dampening. Seeing so many videos with those fibers in the air grossed me out.

FYI - only take the big Torx-Plus bolts off. The little ones in the back hold the guide pins. I had to research that when we went to take it off.

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Front sections (4 door) are nicely finished with rolled edges. Drivers section had a rubbing or creaking noise when it started to get cold here. Pulled that section and couldn't see any obvious rub marks so reseated and that seems to have helped. No leaks. Rear hood appearance and fit are fine however the edges of the top have some spots that are starting to delaminate. I probably will never pull the top so wish I would have had the option for a solid non removable top. It would be less likely to leak and been quieter. My 2 cents.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Front sections (4 door) are nicely finished with rolled edges. Drivers section had a rubbing or creaking noise when it started to get cold here. Pulled that section and couldn't see any obvious rub marks so reseated and that seems to have helped. No leaks. Rear hood appearance and fit are fine however the edges of the top have some spots that are starting to delaminate. I probably will never pull the top so wish I would have had the option for a solid non removable top. It would be less likely to leak and been quieter. My 2 cents.
The rattle noise is from the guide pins, it will return. I made some plastic wrapper condoms for them and the noise went away. Pics below.

My top has a ton of wind noise and snakeskin and delam. All the known issues. It’s pretty shitty.

49FFAF09-23FA-4FED-939F-207EE0D7D3B6.jpeg
C9250474-B956-45D3-A643-88DD95831AFF.jpeg

Sponsored

BRBUSTER72

Black Diamond
First Name
DAVE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 XTERRA '16 SUPER DUTY '18 EQUINOX DIESEL
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The rattle noise is from the guide pins, it will return. I made some plastic wrapper condoms for them and the noise went away. Pics below.

My top has a ton of wind noise and snakeskin and delam. All the known issues. It’s pretty shitty.

Ford Bronco Rate MIC 2.0 C9250474-B956-45D3-A643-88DD95831AFF
Ford Bronco Rate MIC 2.0 C9250474-B956-45D3-A643-88DD95831AFF
I thought those might be the culprit but not enough miles and time on them to easily see rub marks. Thanks for info and will use your fix or design my own. By the way 8/3 build shipped a month later and received 11/2, 900 miles on my BD so far.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I thought those might be the culprit but not enough miles and time on them to easily see rub marks. Thanks for info and will use your fix or design my own. By the way 8/3 build shipped a month later and received 11/2, 900 miles on my BD so far.
My rattle top noises didn’t start until about 1,000 miles. It got bad fast, from several different pins eventually. This was a quick gas station fix, literally used some plastic from the garbage. I’ll make a more permanent fix eventually. I don’t foresee taking the top off much, these issues aren’t really worth the top off experience to me either.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The very back, vertical panel...the forward facing edges look a little rough. All other edges and seams are well finished.
Uniform texture and colour
No water leaks
No popping or clicking over my head at all. In the rear, when it's below freezing I sometimes hear a joint/two mating surfaces maybe making a sound over certain bumps.
Overall, it's everything I hoped it would be đź‘Ť
2000+ Km and counting

dmannx

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Land Rover LR4 / 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Roof is my biggest complaint. It is noisy - mis-matched color on the panels, popping noises and poor fit & finish. Still prefer it over the soft top but FORD really could have done a lot better.

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is it just my imagination? Did anybody else go from a well tinted rear quarter glass(1.0) to basically no tint(2.0)? I'm pretty bummed that I have less privacy now...

Aesthetically, fit and finish seem better than 1.0. Unfortunately there's a whisper of air coming in from somewhere around the front row panels when I get over 40mph. Maybe it's something that will self correct with time. I stayed home today so hopefully the seals have had enough time to successfully settle down together.

Sponsored

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm happy

AcenTitus

Badlands
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery mid December and had rough edges, honeycomb pattern and I’ve had a few drops of water come in. Working on figuring out what to do about this.
Ford Bronco Rate MIC 2.0 44A975F0-E816-4715-9E85-3B133EACA75B

Ford Bronco Rate MIC 2.0 5C3B32B6-C4CF-49C3-8D95-4F4C99B10EDC

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
this looks exactly like the dealer mannequin 2 door I saw that arrived in October. The theory was it was a mix of MIC 1 and 2.0. The front panels and mid seemed great but around rear glass was unfinished and already splitting. If mine arrives like what you have I will be getting it replaced. This is unacceptable for $50k+
Update on my top, Ford has reached out a second time according to my dealer , if appears they are going to replace it. My delaminating has increased I also get water leaking out of the bottom of the rear glass , seems maybe from around the inside where the wiper motor is . It also leaked from the bottom of the plastic piece on the rear hatch glass from the inside when I open the hatch
Sponsored

Last edited: