Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you figure out if Sarge’s winch/mount would work with your TC Bronco/mod bumper ?
I have the same setup as you.
Thanks
I did not. I gave up on this mod. I am going to end up going with the BAMF Overland or JCR with bull bar.
Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does anyone feel like they had to do a leveling kit after?

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t have time to trim the plastic bumper trim caps. That will have to wait until my next visit.
i used the JCR camera relocation and yankum ropes fairlead.
I also have the Yankum fairlead, part of my attempt to get away from metal objects in the winch system. Are you planning to splice the synthetic line as Yankum instructs to do? I've yet to attempt that, but have purchased a FID for the purpose.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have the Yankum fairlead, part of my attempt to get away from metal objects in the winch system. Are you planning to splice the synthetic line as Yankum instructs to do? I've yet to attempt that, but have purchased a FID for the purpose.
I haven't purchased the splice tool yet. Instructions look straight forward. I'll get around it, eventually.

The rope eyelet had a metal inner ring, but I was able to peel the rope off the ring. The eyelet isn't big enough to wrap around the fairlead, so I'm using the yankum handstrap to hook to the fairlead.

Here's a pic of the metal in the inner loop of the rope eyelet. I thought I might have to cut the metal, but the rope had enough slack to roll off.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 1668444145629

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't purchased the splice tool yet. Instructions look straight forward. I'll get around it, eventually.

The rope eyelet had a metal inner ring, but I was able to peel the rope off the ring. The eyelet isn't big enough to wrap around the fairlead, so I'm using the yankum handstrap to hook to the fairlead.

Here's a pic of the metal in the inner loop of the rope eyelet. I thought I might have to cut the metal, but the rope had enough slack to roll off.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 1668444145629
My Warn also has a metal inner ring, though it may be of a smaller "diameter". If you can pass a soft-shackle through ring, there'd be no need to take out the ring; you could continue to use the red strap to hold it to the fairlead when the winch is not in use.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Warn also has a metal inner ring, though it may be of a smaller "diameter". If you can pass a soft-shackle through ring, there'd be no need to take out the ring; you could continue to use the red strap to hold it to the fairlead when the winch is not in use.
I didn't like the ring scraping against the fairlead, and removing metal was the main goal.

Oh, I see. Yes, I don't need to create a larger loop at the end of the line. I haven't tested my soft shackles will fit, but the opening is large, I'm sure they will.
For now, I think it's fully functional. I haven't spun up the line with tension yet; I only tested the install by releasing about a foot of line.
I'll know for sure once I put a load on it and spool up the line.

WheelMe

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't like the ring scraping against the fairlead, and removing metal was the main goal.

Oh, I see. Yes, I don't need to create a larger loop at the end of the line. I haven't tested my soft shackles will fit, but the opening is large, I'm sure they will.
For now, I think it's fully functional. I haven't spun up the line with tension yet; I only tested the install by releasing about a foot of line.
I'll know for sure once I put a load on it and spool up the line.
Let me know how it goes! I'll also check to see if I can pop out that metal ring in my line, and if my soft shackle fits through the smallish loop.

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you figure out if Sarge’s winch/mount would work with your TC Bronco/mod bumper ?
I have the same setup as you.
Thanks
I would need measurements of the bar.

AMTRV

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands 4dr, 22 6.7L Tremor, 1940 Ford Cpe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone feel like they had to do a leveling kit after?
I installed my winch and mount yesterday. I couldnt really tell a difference in ride height. It might sag a little bit. Here's a before/after side shot. Top with winch, bottom without.

Polish_20221114_190336882.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a bar or brush guard to work for me it needs to be right above the fairlead. So essentially 8 inches from the grill face and above the fairlead plate. Would be right in front of the winch.would have to be as wide as the JCR mount before the bar angles to the bumper mounts.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 950400CF-279B-4B79-A4F4-CF37B51EC610

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 7B078BF2-C048-4FFF-9F34-4027B60AE195

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For a bar or brush guard to work for me it needs to be right above the fairlead. So essentially 8 inches from the grill face and above the fairlead plate. Would be right in front of the winch.would have to be as wide as the JCR mount before the bar angles to the bumper mounts.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 7B078BF2-C048-4FFF-9F34-4027B60AE195

That's where my JCR camera relocation bracket ended up. But, if the bar incorporated a place to mount the camera, that would work for me, too.

NoloBronco

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I installed my winch and mount yesterday. I couldnt really tell a difference in ride height. It might sag a little bit. Here's a before/after side shot. Top with winch, bottom without.

Polish_20221114_190336882.jpg
Can you please post a pic from the front?

Sitruc_btb

Badlands
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice setup! Just finished mine up over the weekend, I relocated my control box to the passenger side since I don't plan on running a compressor. I ordered a JCR camera bracket as well, hoping to see that soon.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20221118_120413_HDR

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20221118_120413_HDR

How hard was it to relocate the control box the way you did for the apex 12000 winch? I'm considering doing the same. Any tips?
Sponsored