Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I finally decided on the hook/rope end. I went with Agency 6. It fit ten look I want and will do the job when I need it. Also didn’t hurt the pocketbook as bad as the Factor 55.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation DDA10776-88D4-4F2F-ADBB-161247F9DB9D
Sponsored

Terminated

First Edition
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang, Terminator, 2018 F-150, 76 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ordered my winch mount from RC this weekend. How is the powder coat on it? Will it hold up, or should I strip it all and recoat?

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ordered my winch mount from RC this weekend. How is the powder coat on it? Will it hold up, or should I strip it all and recoat?
Don’t see any issue with it. Didn’t scratch through during install.

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the same kit I ordered. Smittybilt recommended 3 AWG cable to relocate the solenoid. I couldn't find the specs on the WARN kit, but figured I would take a chance. When it arrived, I was pleasantly surprised to see they use 2 AWG cable.

The terminals on the X20 Gen 3 are on top of the motor, so unfortunately it won't look quite as clean as yours. The control box is configured differently as well, but it should still fit on top of the engine bay fuse box...once I relocate the Panda module, that is.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation DDA10776-88D4-4F2F-ADBB-161247F9DB9D
I have the same winch and want to relocate my control pack too. Do you have a pic of the winch from the front with the relocation kit done?

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same winch and want to relocate my control pack too. Do you have a pic of the winch from the front with the relocation kit done?
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 4ABE1F2B-7D72-40BE-BEEC-6B5E068C65BF

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation B4E41F8F-2690-4F05-8C92-9DB0CDAAC9E9

Sponsored

Blaylock1988

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2004 Volkswagen R32
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take some photos. Would love to see if I can help.

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice job with the control box... that damn thing is huge. I ended up taking it apart, reconfiguring it, and printing an enclosure for it.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation B4E41F8F-2690-4F05-8C92-9DB0CDAAC9E9
Can you share details of your reconfiguration and maybe the enclosure design?

Sponsored

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Few questions:

How is everyone routing cables? I see a few potential paths to the battery but they are tight with the 6’ cables. Anyone going up the grill? down behind bumper and around radiator into engine bay?

Anyone consider relocating control box to behind intercooler? There’s space for it, protected by bash plate, and can be reached with 3’ relocation cables that come with the apex, but it’s relatively low (about 24” near alternator) and would be submerged occasionally
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation F4E730B2-A5DD-4B05-B937-65638188CC9C

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you share details of your reconfiguration and maybe the enclosure design?
Sorry it took so long to get back to you...

I have the STLs for the enclosure if you DM me your email I'll send them. Can't attach them here in the forum (won't allow .STL)

I included a picture of part of it to give you an idea...

As far as reconfiguring the module itself...

1. Removed module from base plate
2. Removed brass plated connector plates
3. Unmounted switch and port
4. Removed mount from module, modified it with grinder and flipped it the other direction which allowed the module to move "back" 1" further on the base plate
5. Kept the part of the base plate where the module mounts but shortened it significantly
6. Relocated switch and port to remaining portion of the thick plastic side of the base plate.
7. Zip tied and tucked potted component to side of the control module.

Honestly it was a bunch of work.

The cover slides over the baseplate mounted to the mount plate provided by BAMF, the holes in the side enable the power wires to be attached and tightened down.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 1.52.47 PM

kevin.gt

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry it took so long to get back to you...
No worries and thanks for getting back to me. I ended up just getting a project box from Amazon. Can you describe how you routed your cables to the battery? I feel like it should be easier than what I’m coming up with.

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Few questions:

How is everyone routing cables? I see a few potential paths to the battery but they are tight with the 6’ cables. Anyone going up the grill? down behind bumper and around radiator into engine bay?

Anyone consider relocating control box to behind intercooler? There’s space for it, protected by bash plate, and can be reached with 3’ relocation cables that come with the apex, but it’s relatively low (about 24” near alternator) and would be submerged occasionally
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 1.52.47 PM
It’s in my pictures. I ran across the bumper and up to the right of the radiator.

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No worries and thanks for getting back to me. I ended up just getting a project box from Amazon. Can you describe how you routed your cables to the battery? I feel like it should be easier than what I’m coming up with.
I found it easier to run the 4 cables under the hood and up top of the fuse box. Less work in tight places and easier to fix if I have an issue later.
Sponsored