Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have installed the RC winch mount, how hard would it be to remove/put back after you've done the initial install? I'm thinking about getting this but I don't want to run it permanently and I'm ok with the idea of spending an hour putting it back on for when I might need it.
It can be done in an hour with the right tools, especially once you've done it. Even if you have to move the front camera back into the bumper I think it can be done in an hour. I used an impact or cordless impact for everything, so that speeds things up greatly. Hand tools will definitely slow you down.
Sponsored

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It can be done in an hour with the right tools, especially once you've done it. Even if you have to move the front camera back into the bumper I think it can be done in an hour. I used an impact or cordless impact for everything, so that speeds things up greatly. Hand tools will definitely slow you down.
Nice! That's what I was hoping for. Thanks for the response!

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those of you that have installed the RC winch mount, how hard would it be to remove/put back after you've done the initial install? I'm thinking about getting this but I don't want to run it permanently and I'm ok with the idea of spending an hour putting it back on for when I might need it.
The two plastic bumper pieces are cut to fit. You would have to replace them or drive around without them while you’re deciding. Hers are off and mine are cut to fit and on. Ignore the crappy image. I blasted contrast to be able to see better.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 40982F8C-E50A-4CF7-929E-AB254C1AC428

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The two plastic bumper pieces are cut to fit. You would have to replace them or drive around without them while you’re deciding. Hers are off and mine are cut to fit and on. Ignore the crappy image. I blasted contrast to be able to see better.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 40982F8C-E50A-4CF7-929E-AB254C1AC428
Thanks for the update and yeah I read the install instructions and figured it was factored into RC's estimate of 2-3 hours for the install time.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished installing my RC high mount yesterday. Cut the plastics Sunday and it was too hot so that is all I did (inside to cut them).

Installed the actual mount Monday after work and put the winch plate/winch. Ran the cables to their basic spots.

Made my connections and tested last night.

I disassembled my HF Apex controller piece stripping the guts out of it. I want to extend the 16ga or so wires but have them zip tied out of the way for now.

Reactions: Jdc

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Finished installing my RC high mount yesterday. Cut the plastics Sunday and it was too hot so that is all I did (inside to cut them).

Installed the actual mount Monday after work and put the winch plate/winch. Ran the cables to their basic spots.

Made my connections and tested last night.

I disassembled my HF Apex controller piece stripping the guts out of it. I want to extend the 16ga or so wires but have them zip tied out of the way for now.
Looking forward to pics.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here are some pics.
I did not install the rc light grill thing. I noticed you can't really get it on and off with the winch mount installed. I plan on getting a diode dynamics 3 bar light bar.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220727_174454

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220727_174558

The control relay is in the void under the air box inlet. Honestly between the 3 battery cables and the main power line the box does not move much. I do want to extend the 16ga ends to the plastic radiator support cover this weekend. I just zip tied them out of the way to drive.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220727_174630

you can kind of make out the main power wire and red covered winch wire. The wire with red at the 12 o'clock is the battery power. The red below that is the plastic cover for the red winch control pack. The bare head at 3 o'clock is the yellow where the boot fell off.
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220727_174703

OP
OP
BroncoSarge

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

here are some pics.
I did not install the rc light grill thing. I noticed you can't really get it on and off with the winch mount installed. I plan on getting a diode dynamics 3 bar light bar.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220727_174703

The control relay is in the void under the air box inlet. Honestly between the 3 battery cables and the main power line the box does not move much. I do want to extend the 16ga ends to the plastic radiator support cover this weekend. I just zip tied them out of the way to drive.

you can kind of make out the main power wire and red covered winch wire. The wire with red at the 12 o'clock is the battery power. The red below that is the plastic cover for the red winch control pack. The bare head at 3 o'clock is the yellow where the boot fell off.
Nice job. Great jnstall

Vellicate

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2014 Flex Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you make this yourself or find a bracket for the Badland control unit? I have to also find a place to add it to under my hood.
I made the bracket myself from some scrap metal I had laying around. Luckily the ugly welds are hidden by the control box. 🤣

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Custom camera relocation.

Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220807_203117
I must be blind because I don’t see it. Could post what the camera sees as well?

66GT

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Marauder, 66 Mustang GT, 65 Ranchero, 64 Comet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I must be blind because I don’t see it. Could post what the camera sees as well?
Ford Bronco RC High Winch Mount & Winch Install w/ Control Box Relocation 20220807_203117

It's pretty subtle.

The extension for the camera cable I ordered thru Amazon didn't work. The replacement comes in tomorrow. I'll take pics and post.

I did a test run for aiming it with the camera close to that position... and at the same angle. It looked just fine... 100% view... and only about 6" lower than most relocation kits. (I would have taken a pic of that test run if I realized the cable wasn't going to work.)

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty subtle.

The extension for the camera cable I ordered thru Amazon didn't work. The replacement comes in tomorrow. I'll take pics and post.

I did a test run for aiming it with the camera close to that position... and at the same angle. It looked just fine... 100% view... and only about 6" lower than most relocation kits. (I would have taken a pic of that test run if I realized the cable wasn't going to work.)
That is impressive!!! Rough Country should pay you, and start supplying the mounts with the option to do this.

Raskew

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco, 2018 Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's pretty subtle.

Do you have the ACC? Does it still work?
Sponsored