First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands non SAS, modified.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If any are willing, I would love to hear from those who use the Ready Brute flat tow setup with their broncos, how they are liking at and what the details of their setup is. Any lessons learned that you would be willing to pass along? While I'm still waiting for my bronco (BL,SAS, mod bumper, 2.7), i'm leaning towards this flat tow setup and would really appreciate seeing how others with similar broncos set it up to tow.

Thank you
Sponsored

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm waiting on rockhard 4x4 to come out with a towable bumper before i start installing mine, they have had a bronco in house for about a month now, I will need it by end of November.

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We use this. 2.7 Bronco. If you are somewhat mechanical you can do the install. The routing of the cable from brake pedal to the Ready Brake is not a straight shot on the Bronco. We have the Black Diamond and the skid plates, steering rack etc... make you need to figure a route that does not bind the cable. We did it over a few days with the Bronco up on blocks with front drivers wheel and wheel well liner removed.

It is a nice set up and works with the 2.7 engine just fine. We use Roadmaster hitch riser to keep the towbar level. Our set up had a lot of movement in the hitch/towbar/riser.We used 2 De-rattler sold by Ready Break and everything is now locked down and works better.

#1 Tip read all the threads. Lots of discussion about tow brake issues, safety cable attachment points etc.
#2 Tip Read all the Ready Brake material and think it through before you begin.

Ready Brake will answer the phone if you call them

Deerslayer

Badlands
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F250 king ranch, 2019 Yukon Denali, 2022 bron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m doing the ready brute install this weekend so far easier routing than the jeep.

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m doing the ready brute install this weekend so far easier routing than the jeep.
pictures of routing and drill hole locations when done...

might save me 2 hours staring at it trying to decide

Sponsored

Deerslayer

Badlands
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F250 king ranch, 2019 Yukon Denali, 2022 bron
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the pictures ,helps alot.

is that a standard badlands? no sasquatch ?

what it the tow tab height?

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
cant seem to fix the tripled full image pictures

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For those that have installed the Ready Brute, how hard was it to tap into the brake switch wiring? Any knowledge to share?

I just received my Elite II yesterday. I'll probably start with my rear light wiring first then go into the cable install. No rush because I'm waiting for the Blue Ox connectors which are on back order.

Sponsored

law

Badlands
First Name
Larlar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For those that have installed the Ready Brute, how hard was it to tap into the brake switch wiring? Any knowledge to share?

I just received my Elite II yesterday. I'll probably start with my rear light wiring first then go into the cable install. No rush because I'm waiting for the Blue Ox connectors which are on back order.
I have tapped into the brake line in other vehicles. The last flat tow setup, I used the roadmaster bracket and switch. It was easier and I hate tapping factory wires.
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdfinst/751509.pdf - auto transmission the manual has a different bracket.

I just installed the curt 58992 harness for the lights. The fun is taking the tail lights off. I followed the pdf shared in another post.
The video is helpful but the ford pdf is the easier way.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/taillight-tail-light-removal.32782/
Im just trying to work out where i want to mount the connector. I have a few different brackets. I want a clean look.

good luck your install.

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have tapped into the brake line in other vehicles. The last flat tow setup, I used the roadmaster bracket and switch. It was easier and I hate tapping factory wires.
https://www.roadmasterinc.com/pdfinst/751509.pdf - auto transmission the manual has a different bracket.

I just installed the curt 58992 harness for the lights. The fun is taking the tail lights off. I followed the pdf shared in another post.
Im just trying to work out where i want to mount the connector. I have a few different brackets. I want a clean look.

good luck your install.
Thanks for the reply. I'll get in there and take a look at where something like the Roadmaster switch could be mounted as well as the existing switch. Tapping the existing wiring would be my fall back.

I have that same Curt harness. Did the taillights really need to be removed? I installed the Curt trailer wiring kit over a year ago and was able to disconnect / reconnect the wiring without removal. Just curious.

I was going to dive in this weekend to start some of the Toad setup, but I've been focused on the new RV and I've got a tooth that is off/on causing a fair amount of pain, so I'm about half worthless right now.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the reply. I'll get in there and take a look at where something like the Roadmaster switch could be mounted as well as the existing switch. Tapping the existing wiring would be my fall back.

I have that same Curt harness. Did the taillights really need to be removed? I installed the Curt trailer wiring kit over a year ago and was able to disconnect / reconnect the wiring without removal. Just curious.

I was going to dive in this weekend to start some of the Toad setup, but I've been focused on the new RV and I've got a tooth that is off/on causing a fair amount of pain, so I'm about half worthless right now.
I'm about to tackle the TOAD Light wiring as well. I'm hoping that the tail lights don't have to be removed to install the Curt Bronco TOAD lighting harness. I have the Trail Armor black plastic corner protectors that, if I have to take the tail light out, will have to be removed as well and they are stuck on very well.

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

good luck your install.
I bult a plate for the RV to TOAD 6 pin connector and breakaway switch if that is the connector mount you are talking about. I have the Modular Bumper but don't have the ACC so I'm mounting it right in front of the (empty) box for the ACC radar. I've actually removed the box to get clearance for the breakaway switch and 6 pin socket.

Toad Wiring Plate Assembly v55 Back Side.png

Toad Wiring Plate Assembly v55.png

Reactions: law

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm about to tackle the TOAD Light wiring as well. I'm hoping that the tail lights don't have to be removed to install the Curt Bronco TOAD lighting harness. I have the Trail Armor black plastic corner protectors that, if I have to take the tail light out, will have to be removed as well and they are stuck on very well.
I'd like to get started with the light wiring but half the weekend is gone and I'm busy for the next two weekends. I was able to install the Curt trailer wiring without removing the taillights. I'm not sure if how much room there will be when I put these plugs back there too.
Sponsored