Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As somebody who has over 500,000 miles of towing experience and has camped a couple hundred times as an Eagle Scout I can tell you the weight will quickly add up between passengers, gear, and supplies in both the bronco and the camper. Also unfortunately in today’s day and age of everybody distractive driving you will have a time where there will be an emergency situation and the bigger your vehicle the better off you will be in that situation! I’ve seen dozens of accidents where it comes to vehicles towing trailers. I myself was T-bone on the freeway by a car that spun out and only my quick thinking of slamming the trailer brakes to max as I saw my 10,000 pound trailer swinging around to kiss the side of my pick up truck saved me! And lastly keep in mind the four-door bronco with a slightly longer wheelbase will be better at sway control than the two-door even with nanny devices. Things that affect your ease of towing is weight distribution of Gear, Crosswinds, Road conditions, the type of tires you’re running, what kind of suspension you have, etc, etc. Sure the Bronco may be able to tow your trailer but how are you gonna feel after five hours of possibly white knuckling it to get to where you’re going? Good luck ??
Yes, so you should also watch GCVWR which is the rating of the vehicles weight + trailer weight + cargo. We haven't seen this yet on the Bronco, it will be in the specs once complete and on the door pillar.
Sponsored

Big Island Bronco ?♂️

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Yes, so you should also watch GCVWR which is the rating of the vehicles weight + trailer weight + cargo. We haven't seen this yet on the Bronco, it will be in the specs once complete and on the door pillar.
Exactl.... good point.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can understand that on bigger campers but on a smaller one I wouldn’t imagine it would be that high maybe I’m wrong thanks for the insight
Like others said, its adds up quick. my camper is only 15’ and 2.5’ of that is tongue. By the time I have it loaded with gear, water & food, its an additional 1300lbs. Granted the water takes up couple hundred pounds.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Weight in a trailer can add up really fast, especially if you're filling your fresh tank. And don't forget that the towing capacity of the tow vehicle has to be more than the payload on the vehicle and the weight of the trailer combined. With only 3500lbs TC even a 2400lb trailer with water and gear plus you and wifey and doggy and gear in the Bronco can easily max out.

That being said like many people on here say the stated TC will have a lot of safety built in, so you're actually limited by the liability concerns around exceeding the TC more than any actual mechanical problems.
Sponsored