Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There's gotta be a way to relocate it or at least make it less "nubby" if they do end up with that design as final....

IMG_1937.jpeg
Put a tire cover on and most of the nub will be hidden.
Sponsored

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I looks like there is a high probability of breaking that thing off while trying to swap out a tire on the trail in less than ideal light and/or weather conditions. Is that whole thing made of solid metal or is the camera part plastic? If it is plastic, those are going to get busted off left and right.
Those tires/wheels are not going to be light either. Unbolt that spare and it's gonna just fall off if you're not careful.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be adding on a Trasharoo to fix that eye sore day one!
I'm planning on carrying one of these too when wheeling, so the camera would be blocked and since so many wheelers carry them, this must have been an oversight.

Where else can the camera go?

Sponsored

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning on carrying one of these too when wheeling, so the camera would be blocked and since so many wheelers carry them, this must have been an oversight.

Where else can the camera go?
I am sure the aftermarket will come up with some options. A buddy picked up a totally aftermarket camera and mounted it on the underside of his RTT. Personally, I don’t care for them and won’t mind it being covered.
Trasharoos are an amazing piece of gear, I am on my third or forth one and always find something to toss in it!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure the aftermarket will come up with some options. A buddy picked up a totally aftermarket camera and mounted it on the underside of his RTT. Personally, I don’t care for them and won’t mind it being covered.
Trasharoos are an amazing piece of gear, I am on my third or forth one and always find something to toss in it!
I want to relocate the camera because that post that the tire sits on just looks like it'll break with a 35 or 37" tire bouncing on trails. Even Wrangler owners replace the tire carrier to hold bigger tires. Somewhere near the tag is where I'd hoped, but guess not for some reason.

Yep, aftermarket.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, so many people look down the side of their vehicles which creates the blind spots.

Personally like the annoying sensors more than the camera. Have gotten spoiled by them. As long as rear sensors are on the steel bumper, I can safely park.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Agree, so many people look down the side of their vehicles which creates the blind spots.

Personally like the annoying sensors more than the camera. Have gotten spoiled by them. As long as rear sensors are on the steel bumper, I can safely park.
Have you ever driven a Jeep or an older Bronco? Just curious because I find them very easy to reverse in without using mirrors / cameras. Especially with the topper off.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you ever driven a Jeep or an older Bronco? Just curious because I find them very easy to reverse in without using mirrors / cameras. Especially with the topper off.
Not an older Bronco. Have a Disco II. finding the edge of the truck is easy, but with that thing sticking out of the tire, just something else to get smashed. The front has my winch which hangs just a bit over. These are where I'll like having the sensors.

Sponsored

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fair enough, I have actually never rode in or drove an FJ, but I honestly liked them pre-2021 Bronco. Dude at my work has a pretty modded one. He's 100% jealous of the removable top on the Bronco.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m just glad to to that there are still people that know how to use the word “anymore!”

rynomar

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those tires/wheels are not going to be light either. Unbolt that spare and it's gonna just fall off if you're not careful.
Agreed, whether it is factory or aftermarket, it is almost a necessity to have something to hold the weight while mounting and removing the spare.
Sponsored