guernsej

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's helpful to most people and even if it wasn't required, who cares. It's completely trivial in both cost and looks.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nothing, just seems like 90% of the times nowadays, people are using it wrong. You didnā€™t.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Rear cameras have been required by NHTSA since May 2018. So no there is no way to not get one. Guess you could always remove it. But who knows what other issues that may cause.

You also have to take into consideration that the models seen so far are essentialy prototypes. The final look of the backup camera might not look like it does now once the Bronco goes into production.
I think the Car won't pass the inspection if the rear camera is missing.

pat86323

Badlands
First Name
Patric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco xlt
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If that is the thing that bothers you, you should probably count yourself lucky. It really isnt that big of a deal, and i think eyesore is a bit dramatic. Im sure that there will be a cover over it with a bronco logo or something, if not, the aftermarket will almost certainly offer a cover.

Sammy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The issue is there arenā€˜t a lot of options to move it to without sacrificing functionality. The only realistic option would be attaching it to the third brake light, but even then youā€™d have to bring it out far enough so the tire wonā€™t obstruct the view.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it's a bit long on the pre-production models we've seen, but I doubt I'll ever notice it after seeing it the first time. Odd they don't mount it lower on the bumper, but once I saw it I'm pretty sure I'll forget it's there. Thought it's odd on the Wrangler too, but what ever, I'm just glad it has one. I added a wireless one to my Tacoma once I almost backed into a tiny flat sporty car behind me that I could not see in any of my mirrors.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree itā€™s hideous and pray Ford has a better solution for production models. I personally donā€™t think the lack of the nub would make removing or installing the spare more difficult...thatā€™s what the studs are for. That being said, Iā€™m happy backup cams are mandatory these days even though Iā€™m not comfortable solely relying on them.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think the Car won't pass the inspection if the rear camera is missing.
Good possibility. But I was thinking more along the lines with screwing with something electrical if you disconnect it.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here's how I took care of the one on my JL. But, to be honest it really didn't bother me in the first place. It's gotta stick out some to see past the tire, and the rear mounted tire is what most all of us wanted on the new Bronco.

Ford Bronco Rear Camera Eyesore 100_4925.JPG

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why is your rear mounted tire bouncing around when it's bolted on?

---

Another thing to consider is most Ford vehicles with front/rear cameras now have washer nozzles that pop out and clean the camera when you clean the windshield. I know we saw it on the front camera. I wouldn't be surprised if the back camera has a washer too.
The entire vehicle is bouncing around and bolted on or not, physics indicate there will be wear as weight shifts with the effects of motion and gravity. This is why there are reinforced tire carriers offered by Jeep, Land Rover, or any other manufacturer who allow for tires to be carried on the tailgate.

larger, heavier tires will wear this part during off road applications. At this point, we know nothing about the strength of the carrier, so I'm expressing hope for a way to make it more rugged to carry 37" tires and still have a good placement for the backup camera.

OP
OP
mtap

mtap

Black Diamond
First Name
Mervin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra, Hummer H3, Harley Sportster
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m eventually putting a different set of rims so definitely wonā€™t be covering the spare. Not going to delete either...so relocating it will be the only option..
Sponsored