Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-150, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So, my Bronco got rear-ended in December (minor damage - bent tailgate and tire carrier, and damaged plastic rear bumper cover) and went to the body shop a couple of weeks ago. I just got it back and noticed that the guidelines in the rear/reverse camera no longer show when the Bronco is in reverse. The spare tire carrier and rear backup camera were replaced.

Is there a setting I can adjust in Forscan to turn them back on? Or is it something that the dealer would have to re-enable? I'll be heading back to the body shop soon as they need to make some minor adjustments and, if I can't fix it, they will need to figure it out.

Thanks for any help or guidance on this.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they replaced the camera a dealer will need to initialize the new parking aid camera. I've been told that this'll happen automatically if you pull the battery for ~5 minutes, and then drive around for 30-60 minutes or so on relatively flat ground. But that's never worked for me, always had to initialize it.

Did they happen to give you a parts list of what they installed?? There are two different parking aid cameras on the Bronco. The fact that it's showing an image at all leads me to believe they picked the correct camera, but probably worth checking before you march into the dealer.

OP
OP

CoryB20

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-150, Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks. I went back by the body shop today and the owner had no idea but said he would call the dealer and let me know. True to his word, about 20 minutes later he called and said basically the same thing you did. So the Bronco will go back to the body shop for a couple of touch-up things and the dealer mobile unit will come by and initialize the camera.

Easy enough and we both learned something.

If I happen to unplug the camera for some reason in the future, does it have to be reinitialized again if it's the same camera?

MsPickles

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks. I went back by the body shop today and the owner had no idea but said he would call the dealer and let me know. True to his word, about 20 minutes later he called and said basically the same thing you did. So the Bronco will go back to the body shop for a couple of touch-up things and the dealer mobile unit will come by and initialize the camera.

Easy enough and we both learned something.

If I happen to unplug the camera for some reason in the future, does it have to be reinitialized again if it's the same camera?
I had my front camera disconnected for a while after I replaced the front bumper, but didn't have a camera mount yet. I never had any errors on dash, it just didn't show the front view when I had the 360 view on. When I plugged it back in, no issues. It is still fine today.
Sponsored