Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 4dr Badlands with full skids and one of the things that keeps holding me back, mentally, from even more difficult terrain is the fear of breaking something that isn't protected underneath.

I believe I've seen a couple of relatively reasonably priced rear shock skids, but I can't seem to find them again. Can you all post options here?

Additionally, I'm looking for a good rear differential skid. Not too concerned about the cover, but I'd like to see what options are available for a full diff skid. I do like this option, but want to compare against any others before spending entirely more money than I'd like.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-pinion-and-diff-skid?variant=42397696950508
Ford Bronco Rear diff and rear shock skid options? Untitled
Sponsored

SethPoeski

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They don’t have them listed but I believe RTR is prototyping rear shock skid plates. Might be worth a call.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 4dr Badlands with full skids and one of the things that keeps holding me back, mentally, from even more difficult terrain is the fear of breaking something that isn't protected underneath.

I believe I've seen a couple of relatively reasonably priced rear shock skids, but I can't seem to find them again. Can you all post options here?

Additionally, I'm looking for a good rear differential skid. Not too concerned about the cover, but I'd like to see what options are available for a full diff skid. I do like this option, but want to compare against any others before spending entirely more money than I'd like.
https://nextventuremotorsports.com/products/bronco-pinion-and-diff-skid?variant=42397696950508
Ford Bronco Rear diff and rear shock skid options? 5A65BF4D-A7A6-41C2-B444-706CCFCAC345
I've never found a need for a differential skid plate but I have peeled a cover back before. Unless you're doing high speed baja stuff, the bottom of the cover would be more concerning to me.

Here are some $99 U.S.-made shock skids. It's refreshing to see they don't have some company's name laser cut into them.
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/shop/2021-bronco-rear-shock-skid/

Mean Red GT

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4 Door Badlands/2016 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never found a need for a differential skid plate but I have peeled a cover back before. Unless you're doing high speed baja stuff, the bottom of the cover would be more concerning to me.
After doing a relatively high speed out and back through some sand dunes last month, on the way back I saw what had to be my diff marks on the sand where I was hitting full compression on my shocks.
Sunday I was hitting it mildly hard as well on a dirt/gravel/rock trail and I was worried that I’d hit a depression and an ill placed rock on full compression. That’s an uneasy feeling for me.

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Nemo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 F250
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for showing the valkyrie skids. I think I'll try them too

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

good thread, I'm looking for protection for the shocks as well. Every time I walk up my driveway I see those yellow shocks just looking for a rock to get hung up on, odd design by Ford.

I don't have a lift or the tools/option to mount one where you have to remove the bolt holding the shocks in, so also looking at some that attach through those already provided mounting holes like Valkyrie has. Something that can be attached without taking things apart. Price is right too.

If a reasonably priced diff protection shows up I'd add that too, just for peace of mind.

Tcarp1

Badlands
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I went with the foutz motorsports stuff. Very well built, and went together easily. Highly recommend

20220430_190510.jpg

20220430_190524.jpg

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It seems like these are inexpensive and protect those low hanging shocks so it seems like a no brained.
Do you guys have any other skids on your Bronco?

Badassbronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here are some $99 U.S.-made shock skids. It's refreshing to see they don't have some company's name laser cut into them.
https://valkyrieoffroad.com/shop/2021-bronco-rear-shock-skid/
I think the shock skids we’re on sale but now when I look they are $124. Plus something like $20 to ship. Still not overly expensive but I wish I would have ordered earlier in the week.
Sponsored