First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mounted morimoto 4bangers in the spare, off the spare mount.
Ford Bronco Rear Ditch (LED) Light 20221221_200110
Sponsored

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Trying to make sure I understand this: So it basically allows you to switch on reverse lights without having to be in reverse? That may work.
That is correct. Seems to me to be the least expensive and simplest solution to the requirement. Plus, it might actually be useful sometimes.

As for the "as high as possible" requirement - this is a vague and subjective requirement. Reverse lights *ARE* as high as possible on a stock Bronco.

Now...is it possible to mount them higher than that? Of course! You could weld a 10' pole to your bumper and mount an LED on top. But let's get real. Any debate of "how high constitutes as high as possible" would be superfluous as the term "high as possible" is different for every individual.

The intent of the requirement would certainly be fulfilled by simply switching on your reverse lights. Any requirement beyond that approaches the ridiculous and would cause me to question how bad I really want to run with this crowd.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That is correct. Seems to me to be the least expensive and simplest solution to the requirement. Plus, it might actually be useful sometimes.

As for the "as high as possible" requirement - this is a vague and subjective requirement. Reverse lights *ARE* as high as possible on a stock Bronco.

Now...is it possible to mount them higher than that? Of course! You could weld a 10' pole to your bumper and mount an LED on top. But let's get real. Any debate of "how high constitutes as high as possible" would be superfluous as the term "high as possible" is different for every individual.

The intent of the requirement would certainly be fulfilled by simply switching on your reverse lights. Any requirement beyond that approaches the ridiculous and would cause me to question how bad I really want to run with this crowd.
You should not run white lights on a trail as "chase lights". Also, factory reverse lights are not chase lights or indicator lights to others on the trail that you are there. It's very very VERY VERY confusing to others. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY do not recommend using white lights or factory reverse lights on a trail with others to show you are there.

White lights on the back indicate you are backing up and it can be danerous to confuse other drivers.

Amber/Yellow lights are used as chase light in off-road racing for a reason.

At the end of the day, it's your truck, but i'm giving you recommendations based on what the industry.

Reverse lights would not be considered "fulfilling the requirement" and if it is, you need to talk to the people running the event and get their history. Because as I said, you don't want to run white lights unless you are going forward or in reverse. White indicates something is coming TOWARDS you.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can go the temporary and easy route too.

Ford Bronco Rear Ditch (LED) Light 1673400260482

Figmo

Wildtrak
First Name
Figmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Samurai, Bronco 2Dr WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At the end of the day, it's your truck, but i'm giving you recommendations based on what the industry.
Not my truck. Personally, I don’t see the point in any of this. I was just offering a suggestion to the OP that fit the stated requirements. I’m not selling anything to anybody.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not my truck. Personally, I don’t see the point in any of this. I was just offering a suggestion to the OP that fit the stated requirements. I’m not selling anything to anybody.
I get that, but a lot of new people here to trail rides who might take some of the info here the wrong way. Trying to help spread some education because right now there's a lot of trail rides going on. We're getting calls everyday about chase light kits for the Broncos and want to make sure people do it the right way.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can go the temporary and easy route too.

Ford Bronco Rear Ditch (LED) Light 1673400260482
Is that a suction cup? If it is, I can't see that holding up on a trail. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The SSC2 Diode kits are out of stock. The 1" and 3" kits are available though.
I guess that explains why my last order for SSC2 flush mounts hasn’t shipped. Any idea when they’ll be in stock?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I guess that explains why my last order for SSC2 flush mounts hasn’t shipped. Any idea when they’ll be in stock?
Diode tells me early February there should be more red back-lit in stock.

We just ordered some non-flood options just now (some combos and spots) so we can change the lenses out ourselves and get some orders out the door.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is that a suction cup? If it is, I can't see that holding up on a trail. Maybe I'm missing something here though.
Yes, JDS Customs puts it out. We have 1/2 a kit in stock (they sent us 2 of the same side, so we can't sell it since it would be WEIRD looking).

We used to sell these and rent them at Raptor events (we actually rented them FREE of charge, this way people could run the night runs).

They only work on the hard tops though. Good temporary solution when you need chase lights

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/jds-customs-suction-mounted-off-road-follow-light/

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, JDS Customs puts it out. We have 1/2 a kit in stock (they sent us 2 of the same side, so we can't sell it since it would be WEIRD looking).

We used to sell these and rent them at Raptor events (we actually rented them FREE of charge, this way people could run the night runs).

They only work on the hard tops though. Good temporary solution when you need chase lights

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/jds-customs-suction-mounted-off-road-follow-light/
Interesting concept - Even with the hardtop though I can't see these staying on properly over a rough terrain. Maybe I'm wrong though.

It would be cool if they offered an option that could have a constant on light (which I believe these are) or turning on a stobe light.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting concept - Even with the hardtop though I can't see these staying on properly over a rough terrain. Maybe I'm wrong though.

It would be cool if they offered an option that could have a constant on light (which I believe these are) or turning on a stobe light.
We've sold a few dozen of them and i've never had someone tell me it fell off.

This is a constant on light. You plug it in, it stays on.

Strobe lights an be done with flasher modules. We see them done in the F150 Raptor world all the time.