Mahesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it is amazing how little of a frame damage it takes to rule it as totaled. A few years ago my neighbor rear ended my Honda Accord. When the shop removed the bumper and showed me the damage to the frame I could hardly see it with my bear eyes..but the shop said it is a safety issue and they cannot pass it. The car was in pristine condition...was so bummed that they totaled it. And I was not even smart enough to negotiate a good value from the insurance company.
Sponsored

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
it is amazing how little of a frame damage it takes to rule it as totaled. A few years ago my neighbor rear ended my Honda Accord. When the shop removed the bumper and showed me the damage to the frame I could hardly see it with my bear eyes..but the shop said it is a safety issue and they cannot pass it. The car was in pristine condition...was so bummed that they totaled it. And I was not even smart enough to negotiate a good value from the insurance company.
There is no frame in a Honda??

TomH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ridgeline, 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The more fun part is that they didn’t have insurance.
You can still go after them personally. But its hard sqeezing water out of a rock...

OP
OP
Emiphb

Emiphb

Outer Banks
First Name
Emily
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

that's a Toyota cruiser worth some $$$$ NO INSURANCE wow !
is that guy in trouble ? looks like the cops have him sitting on the curb
he got cited for no insurance and driving without a physical license. They sober tested him as well. I looked him up online after, loser who has got caught stealing catalytic converters multiple times.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Repair shop quoting about 20k to repair. ETA is about a month and a half. I’ve read nightmare stories on here about wait times in repair shops. Is it still really bad?

Only had my car since last September, super bummed.

IMG_2128.jpeg

other guys car, think he was texting. Hit us full speed, while we were waiting to turn at the light.
IMG_2131.jpeg
I am shocked they won't total it.
IMO, from being rear ended years ago in a full size Pontiac....even after fixed it will never be the same. Creaking frame or body panels, paint flaking off years later. I would demand a full replacement of same vehicle....full cost reimbursal. Do not sign off on anything until you believe you have been made whole.

Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whats crazy is not long ago someone said there's was totaled because it needed a frame.
Anything less than 5 years will rarely be totaled for a frame. It’s not really a big deal changing one, a good tech can do it in a day and a half. ANY damage, even minor damage to frame will result in a new frame being added to the estimate.

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately we live in a town full of bad drivers, and we’ve been victims of such more times than I care to count.
I feel you. It's a whole state of terrible drivers. In Santa Fe, at least 20% of the people on the road shouldn't have a license due to age and lack of response time. I literally almost killed an older woman about an hour ago- I was headed home on a side street, and she ran a stop sign, pulling out in front of me. I stopped less than a foot from her car- the bumper would have gone through the driver's side door at a right angle. And she looked at me and shrugged.

How do you know a driver is from New Mexico? They are the third car through the red light....

Teke

Base
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Push to get a diminished value payout if they do not total it.

Sponsored

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sucks, but I am thankful you & your passengers were not killed!!
That guy should be put in jail.
I hope you can find another Bronco to love, soon!!
Heal up & Lawyer up, soon!!

Mr Bacon Jr

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bison ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Update: it was totaled out. Now the search for a new one, without mark up in CA, is on. :(
Ugh. I got mine out of Detroit from Pat Miliken Ford at no ADM and no stupid add ons when everyone was charging 10-20k + 5k in paint protection. They are 5 miles or so from MAP, good dealer. Cost me about $1500 to get it here to Santa Fe- advertised prices are below MSRP, guessing they would come off that. PM me if you want her email.

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It’s totaled :/
You’re better off in the long run. Right now it sucks being without it, and searching for a new one, but like I mentioned, not too many people would be jumping at buying a vehicle with $20K + damage, no matter how good it was fixed.