Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have set the rear parking sensors off in Sync4 as shown. But my bike rack makes it howl as soon as I move in reverse... I hope @Ford Motor Company corrects this.

Sensor 1.jpeg
Sensor 2.jpeg
To add some context -- I've even tried turning off the "Rear View Camera > Park Aid" feature in addition to disabling "Park Aid Sensors > Rear Sensors". No dice. The "Rear View Camera > Park Aid" switch just controls weather or not the parking aid status shows up on top of your rear view camera feed on screen. Turning it off doesn't disable the beeping, it just doesn't show you *where* the beeping is coming from 🙄
Sponsored

Pensfan

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JKU, Ram 2500, Ducati 1260S, FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Why would you need to turn off a separate function entirely to get Parking Aid to turn off? The issue here isn’t that the sensors are still on, it’s that SYNC still shows you the parking aid graphic and plays the loud parking sensor tone even after disabling the parking aid in Features. Turning off parking aid with the physical button in the center console works just fine, and leaves cross traffic alert on as far as I know.

Just an idea, it maybe "sensing" a car as cross traffic and then alerting. I am just saying to try and see if that helps.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just an idea, it maybe "sensing" a car as cross traffic and then alerting. I am just saying to try and see if that helps.
The cross traffic alerts show different UI and have a different sound. These are parking aid alerts i.e. the green, yellow, red visual indicators with beeps that get faster and eventually turn into a constant blare. It's very clear on the screen that it's a parking aid alert.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Has anyone unplugged the sensor at the harness behind the bumper?

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone unplugged the sensor at the harness behind the bumper?
I’d rather not unplug them altogether — they work great when my bike rack isn’t physically blocking them. The setting in Features > Driver Assistance should really just work properly whether or not you’ve restarted the truck since flipping the switch.

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I agree, the off switch on sync 4 should work, but doesn't. I sent an message to Ford asking about it. I'm sure it's a long shot getting an answer back.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree, the off switch on sync 4 should work, but doesn't. I sent an message to Ford asking about it. I'm sure it's a long shot getting an answer back.
@Ford Motor Company reached out to me in DMs about this thread — they offer no help other than “go to your dealer” which is disappointing for a simple software bug. There’s no way I’m bringing my brand new truck into the dealer with parts and labor as limited as they are unless I absolutely have to.

Sponsored

WildBlue

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had the same issue with my front parking sensors because the dealer installed a front winch on the demo model that I bought. Even though the toggle switch in settings was off, for the front sensors, they still went off. I had to hit the physical button on dash to turn off all the parking sensors each time I started the vehicle. My dealer called me this past tuesday and said ford just came out with software update to fix this.. I took it over, and it took service a day and half to get the update to install because they were having some issues getting it to download and had to contact ford. Anyways it was a success and no more beeping of having to hit the physical button.

You can disconnect the sensors but then there will be a warning displayed on the dash. This software update may correct this issue for the rears as well.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
—
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had the same issue with my front parking sensors because the dealer installed a front winch on the demo model that I bought. Even though the toggle switch in settings was off, for the front sensors, they still went off. I had to hit the physical button on dash to turn off all the parking sensors each time I started the vehicle. My dealer called me this past tuesday and said ford just came out with software update to fix this.. I took it over, and it took service a day and half to get the update to install because they were having some issues getting it to download and had to contact ford. Anyways it was a success and no more beeping of having to hit the physical button.

You can disconnect the sensors but then there will be a warning displayed on the dash. This software update may correct this issue for the rears as well.
Is this an OTA update for Sync? I definitely got an OTA update that adds some annoying “parking sensors blocked; disabled” pop ups but that setting still doesn’t work right

WildBlue

Wildtrak
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Is this an OTA update for Sync? I definitely got an OTA update that adds some annoying “parking sensors blocked; disabled” pop ups but that setting still doesn’t work right
I dont know if it was or not. Service department did the update. The Service manager did say they had some issues getting the update to either download or install completely and had to get Ford involved. When I got it back some of my dash and radio settings went back to factory.

I looked on paperwork and it just states "software update for park aid sensors nopt coming on"

performed ipc update per ssm 50169

Saskwah

Big Bend
First Name
wess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for letting us know

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was able to turn mine off. No more beeping on backing up.
Sponsored